• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I approve, @Trilly, take it. Fantastic character.

Feel the the forum needs a GOT-theme with everyone getting new GOT-related usernames.

I'd nominate @Lady_Gooner to be Melisandre because she's the hottest. @Rimaal for Yara the Ironborn. Myself for Tywin, and @hydrofluoric acid for Theon Greyjoy.
I'd be Oberyn mate. Always one to fight the good fight.

If not him then Drogon, the badass dragon who gives no ****s.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't apply the logic of a normal club to Madrid. They are not a normal club and do not operate like one. They want to have their cake and eat it too. They and their entitled fans want a team of Galacticos that wins everything. That's what makes them happy. They want to have a World XI on the pitch and on the bench and blow teams away. Chemistry and fit are not important to that psycho board. They just want the shiniest most expensive toys whether they're compatible or not. Morata is not that.
been a Madrid fan for a long time. they have become snooty...they need a fall, like AC Milan. That should get them humble.

anyway, unless Morata has a fantastic Euro, Madrid would look to sell.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Real don't tend to plan long term replacements for players though, they just sign a replacement for huge money when they need too. Ronaldo and Benz will be there for at least another 2/3 seasons anyways.

I do think they'll still sign another forward this summer but Perez will want it to be a big name and not someone who's essentially a reject.

I thought the general understanding was that Real are looking at PEA & Lewandowski?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

At

When the season starts Morata will be 23 and Aubameyang will be 27 so I think you'll find I was factually correct :p :lol: :D
Cheap cop out mate! That's like me saying I'm 30/31...in ten years time!

NJRider

No its not.

Its the age when he would actually play a game for us.

Aubameyang birthday is in June so he is basically 27 anyway I was just a week or so early.

NJRider

Regardless theres still a minimum of three years difference in their progress.
People on here didn't even want Aubameyang at the beginning of the season just gone because he hadn't exploded yet. We can't afford to keep missing out on players like that because we can't afford to pay £70mill for one player

Arsenalman365

been a Madrid fan for a long time. they have become snooty...they need a fall, like AC Milan. That should get them humble.

anyway, unless Morata has a fantastic Euro, Madrid would look to sell.
Everybody already knows how good he is. They won't keep him based off of a good Euros. Morata wouldn't want to be on the bench behind Benzema either. He's definately gone after the Euros. It's a question of who gets him.

Prawn Sandwich

The self proclaimed King in the North thinks Wenger will force through all the red tape, bureaucracy to get his man if he really wants Morata.

Sure there is additional paperwork, and it is an unusual, almost Game of Thrones-esque power struggle situation between three big clubs, but Wenger is so stubborn that none of the extra work is an issue if his heart is set on the player in question.

The only thing I would be fearful of is that the war chest and much referenced cash reserves are Arsenal Football Club positioning themselves as some sort of Premier League Xaro Xhoan Daxos. ;)

Arsenalman365

I
The self proclaimed King in the North thinks Wenger will force through all the red tape, bureaucracy to get his man if he really wants Morata.

Sure there is additional paperwork, and it is an unusual, almost Game of Thrones-esque power struggle situation between three big clubs, but Wenger is so stubborn that none of the extra work is an issue if his heart is set on the player in question.

The only thing I would be fearful of is that the war chest and much referenced cash reserves are Arsenal Football Club positioning themselves as some sort of Premier League Xaro Xhoan Daxos. ;)
I know that this is sarcasm but wouldn't the paperwork be on Madrid's side. We just buy him from Madrid as we would normally and the bureaucracy is between Madrid and Juve.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Morata isn't behind on his development or anything like that. He's near the finished product. He'd come in and start scoring. His all round game is also better.
He isn't a natural scorer from what I've seen. When in difficult positions he always elects to pass, whereas a pure goal scorer would shoot first and think later .. even if its a difficult chance(which more often than not, he'll convert). Think about the first JVP goal against Barcelona and put Morata in his place, would he have attempted that impossible shot?
All hankering for Morata seems to be based on the fact that everyone expects him to explode next season, but what if he doesn't. What if we get him, and him and Özil keep passing the ball to each other? I realise that we cant get the very best due to financial limitations and all our purchases will be flawed in some way, but poor goal scoring form is a flaw that I'm wary about overlooking

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cadena Ser are reportedly saying that Madrid would accept a bid in the region of £40M.

His current salary is also shockingly low.

Arsenalman365

He isn't a natural scorer from what I've seen. When in difficult positions he always elects to pass, whereas a pure goal scorer would shoot first and think later .. even if its a difficult chance(which more often than not, he'll convert). Think about the first JVP goal against Barcelona and put Morata in his place, would he have attempted that impossible shot?
All hankering for Morata seems to be based on the fact that everyone expects him to explode next season, but what if he doesn't. What if we get him, and him and Özil keep passing the ball to each other? I realise that we cant get the very best due to financial limitations and all our purchases will be flawed in some way, but poor goal scoring form is a flaw that I'm wary about overlooking
I've been watching him for a few seasons. He's not afraid to shoot from distance. He's also lethal in the box. He's a very good natural goalscorer. I don't know how many times you've watched him but he does like to shoot.

Morata is a lethal finisher and very rarely passes in from of goal. As seen in the cup final, a lot of his finishing is one touch. His goalscoring record over the past 3 seasons is pretty good if you look at minutes played. It's absurd to judge his record by games played because he's usually on the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cadena Ser are reportedly saying that Madrid would accept a bid in the region of £40M.

His current salary is also shockingly low.
51M Euros that really too much. But if Wenger ready to pay that then he should go for it there is not many strikers available.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I don't really rate Aubameyang as much as some of my fellow Gooners on here. I've been watching him for few years now, and I've never been impressed with his over all game. Dodgy first touch, average technique and most of all not clinical enough.

I'd rather we pay £50M for Morata than half of it for Aubameyang who's a glorified Djibril Cisse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom