• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we carry on like this, we could finish 3rd. I don't even want to conceive of it.

Think's United's fixtures are too hard to catch us, tbh.

A little lucky though, looks like some of our player's heads have gone a little here.

bergholt

The positive of this one is that surely it means Vieira's papers are stamped, so we can move on in the summer rather than holding out hope that he becomes a PL quality player.

Artemis

Zinchenko & Jesus elevated us to title challenger status. I don't think anyone will dispute that. They're also serial winners, you can see how much it hurts them to lose or even draw. They're used to winning.

With respect to Zinchenko, the stupid mistake Arteta made against Liverpool was not getting Zinchenko off the pitch sooner. Zinchenko is critical for our build up game, he's a level above Tierney or anyone else in that department.

But once we were in the lead against Liverpool, and especially in the last 30 minutes, he should have been replaced for Tierney and unfortunately it's mistakes like that which can cost the title.

The players still haven't shaken off that collapse at Liverpool. I said it before that it was a season-defining fixture and it proved to be so.

I don't have an issue with Zinchenko starting every game otherwise. Maybe Arteta should think about a Zinchenko - Partey double pivot in midfield with Tierney at left back? I'm curious to see if that could work, I don't see why it couldn't.

As for Jesus, his hold-up play is excellent and let's be honest - aside from today's game, he kept scoring for us after his return.

Yes Jesus had a terrible game today - no question about that. But we would be throwing in the towel if we didn't start him against Man City. I hope he will be fit and available for that one.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Every single one has happened in game. With the women's team the non-league pitches are a huge factor too. Some of the pitches are not much better than parks.
Yes but 3 at one club at one time is excessive so you do kind of question what's going on behind the scenes. At any rate, I'm just annoyed by the season unraveling. Ignore me lol

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The positive of this one is that surely it means Vieira's papers are stamped, so we can move on in the summer rather than holding out hope that he becomes a PL quality player.

Fabio "I know I didn't do well boss, but I think all I need is..."

Arteta "Olympique de Marseille is waiting outside to pick you up son, best of luck!"

the-office-steve-carell.gif

quattro

watching how this game finished (compared to the last two ones) is pretty telling. we were at the point in the season where we were staring in disbelief at our position (2 goals up at Anfield, 2 goals up in 15 minutes, leading the league on equal games in the business end of the season) and didn't know how to react. but when we had to chase, we somehow managed to catch up.

time for plucky Arsenal to make an appearance, because god knows pretending to be mature and composed over the course of 30+ games just isn't what you expect from a young team just barely getting out of years of rehabilitation.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Zinchenko & Jesus elevated us to title challenger status. I don't think anyone will dispute that. They're also serial winners, you can see how much it hurts them to lose or even draw. They're used to winning.

With respect to Zinchenko, the stupid mistake Arteta made against Liverpool was not getting Zinchenko off the pitch sooner. Zinchenko is critical for our build up game, he's a level above Tierney or anyone else in that department.

But once we were in the lead against Liverpool, and especially in the last 30 minutes, he should have been replaced for Tierney and unfortunately it's mistakes like that which can cost the title.

The players still haven't shaken off that collapse at Liverpool. I said it before that it was a season-defining fixture and it proved to be so.

I don't have an issue with Zinchenko starting every game otherwise. Maybe Arteta should think about a Zinchenko - Partey double pivot in midfield with Tierney at left back? I'm curious to see if that could work, I don't see why it couldn't.

As for Jesus, his hold-up play is excellent and let's be honest - aside from today's game, he kept scoring for us after his return.

Yes Jesus had a terrible game today - no question about that. But we would be throwing in the towel if we didn't start him against Man City. I hope he will be fit and available for that one.
Why cant we play zinchenko in the midfield wit partey - bring in Tierney to cover up his defence down the wing and poor ability to contest headers in the box. Tierney offers us the ability to run into space out wide. Obviously this means we have to sacrifice an 8, but we played without one of our 8s tonight anyway. Tierney comes in as one of the five in the attacking line.

Tom Mix

He has a bit about him, I'll give him that. He's got the ability to make worldie saves but also has that calamity in him. He's overly emotional at times. I think we can upgrade on him but I don't think Arteta will.
Maybe we had an upgrade? A keeper who's world-class at saving enalties to the point that he has a world cup winners medal?

Kav

Established Member
So another draw on the table. At least we are still picking up points. The big game is ahead now.

Artemis

Why cant we play zinchenko in the midfield wit partey - bring in Tierney to cover up his defence down the wing and poor ability to contest headers in the box. Tierney offers us the ability to run into space out wide. Obviously this means we have to sacrifice an 8, but we played without one of 8s tonight anyway.
That's a good shout yeah. Zinchenko - Partey double pivot with Tierney at full back. I would actually like to see that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Vieira was actually so pathetic lose every 50/50 likely was too early for him to be in PL.

Its up to him he got ability and i still believe in him but keep being soft and can't compete you have no place in PL no excuse about being short or thin

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m sure the ref could’ve played a minute more, not sure we got our 8 minutes of ET with all the time wasting.

They were time wasting in the ET too.

Need to cut this out of the sport completely. I hope we don’t try and pull these shenanigans at the Etihad.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I would have taken a point when Southampton scored their third. Losing at home to the worst team in the league would have been embarrassing. So coming back to draw level is not a bad result. At any other stage of the season, it would have been a decent result.

When the stakes are high, it is a disastrous result, especially at home.

And considering where we are at this stage of the season...

giher.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom