• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Newcastle United 0 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 7th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastle-united-arsenal-770x513.jpeg

free picture upload sites

Pretty much a low scoring affair.
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Newcastle were always going to come out like a train. You can’t stop that.
Yes this was ridiculous level of pressing we couldnt pass it from back but no surprise they fade at 2nd half and with European football howe need to manage it

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

At Newcastle's forum before the game, they were convinced they were better than us and were gonna slap us 4-0.

After full time, the tone has changed :lol:

"No need to be gloomy, they're one of the two best team in the country"

"No one was expecting a win here"

"They have better quality than us, it's no shame to lose to them"

Before the game, you'd have thought they were playing against 2005 Derby County with the amount of confidence they had ffs :lol:

That's what happens when your sense of self-importance is artificially manufactured.

They may be wealthier than we are, but they'll never have our heritage or standing in football.

Moviegooner

Revenge!

So proud of this team. Everyone was fabulous, Jorginho was brilliant. Masterminded the midfield. Ramsdale, Big Ram brilliant with his saves.

81 points never in a million years thought we get over eighty points. And we can equal Invincibles 90 points! Can't wait for next season. Listening to the Champions league track again, beautiful!

rockofcashel

All the doubters before the game.. Arsenal lost to City in February, since then they've played 11 games.. and lost once.. to City

Currently in my opinion, City are the best club team in the world.. it pains me to say it, but they are..

Last year, we were winning 3, losing 3, winning 3, losing 3 etc.. this years Arsenal, are a different animal..

That said, even a draw today, would have been a brilliant result.. a draw away to the team 3rd in the league..

We could yet get as many points as the Invincible team.. and not win the league.. and no one here would yet put the current team anywhere near on par with the Invincibles

Right now, Arsenal have a solid 13/14 players..

9 of today's staring 11 (minus Kiwior and Jorgihno)

and 2 on the bench who if they play to their top standard, can slot in and change games, Partey and Trossard

We also have Saliba, who'd go straight back in

City have 17/18 top top players..

We've maybe 12..

Jorginho will do a good job against 85% of our opposition

Kiwior looks like he could be the real deal

ESR needs to step up next season

Tierney/Tomi.. good enough for 85% of games

Nketiah is a strange one.. he's better with space in behind, but with Arsenal now likely to be a team with most possession and facing low block defences most of the time.. he may simply not fit what is needed.. maybe get rid and get a Toney/Abraham who offers a different dimension if needed

Dunno why we're considering selling Balogun.. his numbers in France are better than Pepes, and we paid near 80 million for him

Sambi is doing well at Palace, maybe he'll improve enough to be a good squad player

But what we have, plus 3 more players, one defence/middle/forward.. capable of starting.. and we'll be right up there

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At Newcastle's forum before the game, they were convinced they were better than us and were gonna slap us 4-0.

Before the game, you'd have thought they were playing against 2005 Derby County with the amount of confidence they had ffs :lol:
To be fair to them, they have been very good at home this season, and our showing there last season was woeful.

Glad we took the wind out of their sails.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
All the doubters before the game.. Arsenal lost to City in February, since then they've played 11 games.. and lost once.. to City

Currently in my opinion, City are the best club team in the world.. it pains me to say it, but they are..

Last year, we were winning 3, losing 3, winning 3, losing 3 etc.. this years Arsenal, are a different animal..

That said, even a draw today, would have been a brilliant result.. a draw away to the team 3rd in the league..

We could yet get as many points as the Invincible team.. and not win the league.. and no one here would yet put the current team anywhere near on par with the Invincibles

Right now, Arsenal have a solid 13/14 players..

9 of today's staring 11 (minus Kiwior and Jorgihno)

and 2 on the bench who if they play to their top standard, can slot in and change games, Partey and Trossard

We also have Saliba, who'd go straight back in

City have 17/18 top top players..

We've maybe 12..

Jorginho will do a good job against 85% of our opposition

Kiwior looks like he could be the real deal

ESR needs to step up next season

Tierney/Tomi.. good enough for 85% of games

Nketiah is a strange one.. he's better with space in behind, but with Arsenal now likely to be a team with most possession and facing low block defences most of the time.. he may simply not fit what is needed.. maybe get rid and get a Toney/Abraham who offers a different dimension if needed

Dunno why we're considering selling Balogun.. his numbers in France are better than Pepes, and we paid near 80 million for him

Sambi is doing well at Palace, maybe he'll improve enough to be a good squad player

But what we have, plus 3 more players, one defence/middle/forward.. capable of starting.. and we'll be right up there

Fuq all that. This was our title this year and we threw it away.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Great result. Watching on catch up so will analyse later. Is this the second OG we've had this season? Can only remember Emi but this wS a nice gift.
Not sure I would see it as a gift. Think Saka did something similar earlier in the season but I might misremembering. When you get that close to goal and hit it with a lot of power with your weak foot good things can happen. A defender tries to block it, it ricochets and in it goes. I would like to see Saka and Martinelli do it more often. At that distance with power you just cannot react and control the ball well.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don't wet our appetite without some nice quotes! 🤤

NZgunner

massive result today - almost certainly not enough to win the title as City need to at least lose one and draw one - but we were back to how we were playing prior to Liverpool, and we have shown it was a genuine two-horse race, with masses of daylight to third

while we had a bit of luck, the win itself wasn't lucky - we had by far the better chances and looked in control for most of the game

with the benefit of hindsight, Kiwior should have been starting the moment Saliba was injured, our structure just looked so much more comfortable, and the way he got out of the way of the ball for their penalty shout (I like Shearer, but man he lost all perspective on that VAR call) was class

and I just loved those Newcastle fans whistling for time-wasting the first time Ramsdale had the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom