• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Newcastle United 0 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 7th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastle-united-arsenal-770x513.jpeg

free picture upload sites

Pretty much a low scoring affair.
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
All the doubters before the game.. Arsenal lost to City in February, since then they've played 11 games.. and lost once.. to City

Currently in my opinion, City are the best club team in the world.. it pains me to say it, but they are..

Last year, we were winning 3, losing 3, winning 3, losing 3 etc.. this years Arsenal, are a different animal..

That said, even a draw today, would have been a brilliant result.. a draw away to the team 3rd in the league..

We could yet get as many points as the Invincible team.. and not win the league.. and no one here would yet put the current team anywhere near on par with the Invincibles

Right now, Arsenal have a solid 13/14 players..

9 of today's staring 11 (minus Kiwior and Jorgihno)

and 2 on the bench who if they play to their top standard, can slot in and change games, Partey and Trossard

We also have Saliba, who'd go straight back in

City have 17/18 top top players..

We've maybe 12..

Jorginho will do a good job against 85% of our opposition

Kiwior looks like he could be the real deal

ESR needs to step up next season

Tierney/Tomi.. good enough for 85% of games

Nketiah is a strange one.. he's better with space in behind, but with Arsenal now likely to be a team with most possession and facing low block defences most of the time.. he may simply not fit what is needed.. maybe get rid and get a Toney/Abraham who offers a different dimension if needed

Dunno why we're considering selling Balogun.. his numbers in France are better than Pepes, and we paid near 80 million for him

Sambi is doing well at Palace, maybe he'll improve enough to be a good squad player

But what we have, plus 3 more players, one defence/middle/forward.. capable of starting.. and we'll be right up there
I agreed with you u til you started talking up Sambi...fvck no. MR. BADLUCK.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saka performance worry me he physically look done for this season the kicking he received all season finally start to take tool on him.

Arteta will never drop him but at the moment there serious physical problem not same player who physically brush fullbacks or run past them with ease.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Saka performance worry me he physically look done for this season the kicking he received all season finally start to take tool on him.

Arteta will never drop him but at the moment there serious physical problem not same player who physically brush fullbacks or run past them with ease.
He looks to have lost pace and energy. No reason not to start Nelson imo

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This will show if our players really believe they can beat City to the title, tbh.

A very tough away game against a physical side, need to give 100% if we want the 3 points...after the 2 draws v West Ham and Southampton, we played City away like we knew we had ****ed up and had no belief that we could get a result.

Interesting to see if the players minds are already half on next season.

Today really showed me a lot about this team, really scrappy bunch aswell as a talented one.

Wasn't a fan (or even alive) but from what I have read about 1989, this group really give me similar vibes.

Best performance of the season today, back in this title race!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We had a nervy start but credit to the players, they dug in and took the lead against the run of play. Every player did a job and was functional without being great-except Ode and Jorgi. It's the collective performance that we needed. Delighted Schar scored the OG after his sly elbow and snide behaviour

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Even if we don’t win the league I’m really proud of the team for that performance today.

People were predicting us to get blown away and for what is a mostly young team that was a proper display.

Glad we’re pushing City all the way now.

Tom Mix

Even if we don’t win the league I’m really proud of the team for that performance today.

People were predicting us to get blown away and for what is a mostly young team that was a proper display.

Glad we’re pushing City all the way now.
I predicted we'd win but the PC brigade laughed. Who's laughing now?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Very proud of the entire team today; the most satisfying win of the season for me. Sp**s away was a solid performance, but the **** weren't up for it (atmosphere at the toilet bowl was **** plus their players were well beaten before kickoff), and it ended up being a stroll in the park for the most part.

Newcastle, on the other hand, straight up played like thugs and it was obvious they thought they could intimidate us with their antics. It was a very mature performance at a hostile ground against a tough side, and even though they had their chances, we were up for the challenge and it never felt like we were overwhelmed like last season.

Only "regret" with today is the obligatory second guessing of potential adjustments that could have been made during our skid that'll naturally come up, but that's water under the bridge at this point. Just have to keep going and finish strong and put as much pressure as we can on City.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
YES! A very good thing. Completely stopped Newcastle from bullying our team today. Xhaka was such a warrior and leader.
I know I give you a hard time over your Xhaka obsession but today I felt he deserved the MoTM. It was actually probably his best performance in an Arsenal shirt considering the context.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I know I give you a hard time over your Xhaka obsession but today I felt he deserved the MoTM. It was actually probably his best performance in an Arsenal shirt considering the context.

Far from his best, on the basis that he’s put in so many amazing performances. Rest I agree with.

On another note, love our silky football away at one of the hardest grounds to play at this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom