• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Newcastle United 0 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 7th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastle-united-arsenal-770x513.jpeg

free picture upload sites

Pretty much a low scoring affair.
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This was nice but season basically done, can barely stomach watching league matches anymore this season. I love the players, they played wonderful stuff. But it matters hardly at all and their efforts forgotten and totally meaningless as soon as season over. Sad but that is the fate of runners up. Stinks that second highest point total or top 3 in club history will not matter one day in the history books due to the obvious incompetence of one man

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
massive result today - almost certainly not enough to win the title as City need to at least lose one and draw one - but we were back to how we were playing prior to Liverpool, and we have shown it was a genuine two-horse race, with masses of daylight to third

while we had a bit of luck, the win itself wasn't lucky - we had by far the better chances and looked in control for most of the game

with the benefit of hindsight, Kiwior should have been starting the moment Saliba was injured, our structure just looked so much more comfortable, and the way he got out of the way of the ball for their penalty shout (I like Shearer, but man he lost all perspective on that VAR call) was class

and I just loved those Newcastle fans whistling for time-wasting the first time Ramsdale had the ball
That would see them finish on 90 points, which is the most we can get. Their vastly superior GD sadly means we need them to lose 2.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This was nice but season basically done, can barely stomach watching league matches anymore this season. I love the players, they played wonderful stuff. But it matters hardly at all and their efforts forgotten and totally meaningless as soon as season over. Sad but that is the fate of runners up. Stinks that second highest point total or top 3 in club history will not matter one day in the history books due to the obvious incompetence of one man
Fuq the history books and what they remember. This is the youngest team in the PL going toe to toe with a sovereign wealth backed machine and the best coach in the world, on course to finish with the same points as the invincibles.
Get some perspective man.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Saka performance worry me he physically look done for this season the kicking he received all season finally start to take tool on him.

Arteta will never drop him but at the moment there serious physical problem not same player who physically brush fullbacks or run past them with ease.

He looks to have lost pace and energy. No

reason not to start Nelson imo

Saka was fine vs Newcastle, very good at keeping possession, should have scored too. He doesn't have his usual zip but calls for starting Nelson is a bit much.

ksarp

I think Tetta grew up as a manager today. Making in-game adjustments like weak side defensive help for Zinchenko and subbing him off after some defensive brain farts. My one issue is that Saka should not have started. Maybe ESR is not ready, but Saka has been off for far too long. We need to continue to start Jorginho, he is the leader on the pitch.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Fuq the history books and what they remember. This is the youngest team in the PL going toe to toe with a sovereign wealth backed machine and the best coach in the world, on course to finish with the same points as the invincibles.

We could win the league unbeaten and that guy will find something to complain about. Best ignore him.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
And no one will care or remember, i know I won’t as soon as season is over. That is what happens to teams that bottled the title. I can barely even watch a match anymore this season. Watching two years crapped away with same awful defender did me till kickoff next season. It’s inexcusable how badly he bungled it, can’t make one tactical change and sticks with the guy for 2 months in a title run mind boggling

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think Tetta grew up as a manager today. Making in-game adjustments like weak side defensive help for Zinchenko and subbing him off after some defensive brain farts. My one issue is that Saka should not have started. Maybe ESR is not ready, but Saka has been off for far too long. We need to continue to start Jorginho, he is the leader on the pitch.
We need to play inform players. Jorginho seems to have hit a bit of form and we need to play him now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And no one will care or remember, i know I won’t as soon as season is over. That is what happens to teams that bottled the title. I can barely even watch a match anymore this season. Watching two years crapped away with same awful defender did me till kickoff next season. It’s inexcusable how badly he bungled it, can’t make one tactical change and sticks with the guy for 2 months in a title run mind boggling
The first 7 words of your post applies here.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
What was VAR taking so long creating doubt on not reversing the obvious error on penalty being given?
Shady as fook. Looking at it multiple times to justify the ref's onfield decision - even a feather would have been given it. Clearly no where near his hand - off his thigh...but that was shambolic. Ref played to the crowd too - ashole.
On addition, no need for the ref to review that...VAR should be making the right call there. It's a non handball and they let the ref still look at it. What arsewholes.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@SA Gunner what did @EBL tweet after boasting that "Newcastle are the most dangerous team of the moment" :lol:

Delving into his epic thread now to show us the areas where he said we could win. Didnt seem as sure of himself when he put it together, as he does now.

Also backtracking altogether, saying things that armchair analysts could see pre match like ball control being important in nullifying Newcastle's impact as they thrive on loose balls.

And this guy is supposed to have a master's degree in sport's performance analysis?

He's been wobbling here and there for a bit now. Needs to settle down and get back to basics again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes, I have this hunch that Chelsea may take points off of them. Lampard will want to look after his own integrity if he wants to have a future in management, and what better way to claim accolades than if he can do it in big games. He had loads of quality players, and if he gets his tactics right, they may surprise them.

As for others, I honestly only expect them to drop points away to Brighton, I feel like they will brush Everton aside :(.
Only hopes we got on Brentford and Brighton but also Brighton might take points from us they very good lol.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Huge props to the boss for benching Partey and getting Zinny off sharpish. Wonder if he will be tempted to bench Saka?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we will beat Brighton easier than we did Newcastle, the home advantage is huge, and the occasion will be too big for our players to not deliver again.
Yes i dont think it'll be straightforward but we can beat them players know 9 points from 9 required to have chance of winning the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom