• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Newcastle United 0 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 7th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastle-united-arsenal-770x513.jpeg

free picture upload sites

Pretty much a low scoring affair.
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

ptrcopp

I ****ing despise ArseAnal with every ounce of my being....

They have pretty much ruined my football supporting life for 40+ years in one way or another at various stages, and I hate every single mother ****ing one of them because of it....

I know I shouldn't let them 'get to me' but this has shades of 1989 which terrifies me!!

Just **** off and die Woolwich
... For once, just ****ing choke you ****s!

We really need the 💉reaction for stuff like this.

ArseAnal? Is that a thing?!

I don’t get it… It already says Arse ffs…

No wonder we’re hated if that’s the best they can do

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Saka was fine vs Newcastle, very good at keeping possession, should have scored too. He doesn't have his usual zip but calls for starting Nelson is a bit much.
I love him but I don't want him playing too much if he's physically shot. Nelson is more than capable to deputise for a couple of games or more minutes in a match, then 5 token minutes at the end.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I love him but I don't want him playing too much if he's physically shot. Nelson is more than capable to deputise for a couple of games or more minutes in a match, then 5 token minutes at the end.
Saka has moments of brilliance that are worth the chances he gets. Definitely deserves a place on the team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Saka has moments of brilliance that are worth the chances he gets. Definitely deserves a place on the team.
No doubt about that but I don't want to see him being overplayed and it's nice to have someone who can come in when he needs a rest. He thrives on competition especially with his friends

Gooner505

Zinchenko was very poor yesterday. He nearly cost us two goals (Murphy and Isak both hit the post).

His defense has been extremely suspect at LB for a while. I think it’s time Arteta starts Tierney and moves Zinchenko into the midfield where he belongs.

Arteta subbed him out early so he’s definitely aware of the problem. We stabilized with Tierney in.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Zinchenko was very poor yesterday. He nearly cost us two goals (Murphy and Isak both hit the post).

His defense has been extremely suspect at LB for a while. I think it’s time Arteta starts Tierney and moves Zinchenko into the midfield where he belongs.

Arteta subbed him out early so he’s definitely aware of the problem. We stabilized with Tierney in.
Good luck with that. Remember the time Arteta played Tomi on the opposite side instead of KT?

Legend14

Established Member
Just watched the match today. Best away match of the season. Our players were the toughest I have seen in a match. They fought through so many obvious yellow card plays and the raucous away crowd and still came out on top. So impressed.

Xhaka’s block was fantastic. He led by example. Ødegaard fantastic in a match that is usually is his cryptonite. Jorginho taking on the vocal leadership. No keeper has the reaction speed of our keeper. Just wow.

Visiting supporters as excellent as they have been all season.

Badger_Revenge

Zinchenko's confidence in left back D has always had suspect moments, but he could manage pretty well. Now his confidence in D looks shot and opposing players can sense it. He is backing off a lot. The stumble was him not knowing what to do with his body or how to play the attacker. They are deliberately trying to isolate him, with some success.

Legend14

Established Member
Zinchenko's confidence in left back D has always had suspect moments, but he could manage pretty well. Now his confidence in D looks shot and opposing players can sense it. He is backing off a lot. The stumble was him not knowing what to do with his body or how to play the attacker. They are deliberately trying to isolate him, with some success.

The question is how many teams will be able to do this. Usually we’ll be on the front foot where his skills in attack and control are more important. Regardless, this is why Tierney is important.

Bucephalus

The question is how many teams will be able to do this. Usually we’ll be on the front foot where his skills in attack and control are more important. Regardless, this is why Tierney is important.
While they are slightly different players, this is just TAA at Liverpool. Give Zinny cover, and he's the best extra midfielder in the world. Give TAA cover, and he's the best extra winger in the world. Actually have to play their defensive positions for an extended period of time? Bad things will probably happen.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Amazing adults show the intelligence they have hope they will be fired or punished.
I’ve occasionally sat in the home end for a couple of games over the years Sp*rs, West Ham, Chelsea never had an issue. Apparently there is a bit more to this and he was throwing bottles etc (can’t verify info)

Looks like a big old lump, sure he’ll be fine :)

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

The whole point of Zinchenko playing at left back is the overload he provides in midfield with the inverted role. Although he can play in midfield it defeats the purpose of the positional system that we play.

Saying all that he has been really poor for the last month. Tierney should be starting for the rest of the season with White inverting from RB into midfield.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The whole point of Zinchenko playing at left back is the overload he provides in midfield with the inverted role. Although he can play in midfield it defeats the purpose of the positional system that we play.

Saying all that he has been really poor for the last month. Tierney should be starting for the rest of the season with White inverting from RB into midfield.
Excuse the pun but it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. When we’re playing against a team that presses high and overloads in wide areas, KT makes more sense.

Against a low block with a team that sets up more defensively, Zinchenko is probably the better option.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We only have 4 matches left this season. Now is not time to be clever by resting Saka. Even an off form Saka has defenders focused on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom