• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Especially because we have a lot of possible players to offload, we should be looking at upwards of 115 million to work with. That should be enough for Mbappe :drool:

Yup, that'll be enough for a single player.

If there is indeed a new manager coming in, he'd need 100ish mil right off the bat. Considering we'd have to replace Sanchez and Özil, that's 60+ for each new player of same or close caliber in todays market.

Add that to our inability to sell our squad players and how bad we sell our best ones... it's going to be tough.

ARSNLNO1

I'm happy to see the shouts for Wilshere & Szcezney to return next season, I still really like both players and think they could be massive players for us going froward. Both have matured and improved, the big thing for Jack was to prove he could stay fit, he's done that.

ARSNLNO1

If Özil & Sanchez really are holding out for £250,000 a week then as sad as I would be to see Sanchez leave I say sell them, should get £50 - £60M at least for each of them surely. potentially even let Ramsey & Walcott go depending how they do the rest of the season to raise some funds for the new manager with a transfer budget of £250 - £300M I'm sure that a lot of managers would be seriously interested in the job.

My first Choice would still be for Koeman even though he's not on the list above. ideal transfer summer Lukaku £60M Dijk £50M Pjanic £50M Mbappe £50M plus Gnabry or Zaha £30M and I'll trust Koeman's eye for another DM if Coq doesn't massively improve.

Extremely unlikely but drastic measures will be required if we lose Sanchez & Özil.

Hunter Zolomon

A huge **** up that wage structure but done with the best intentions. Only downfall the players turned out to be pretty average with questionable attitudes.
are you high? best intentions? Its stupid is what that is, bloody hell, how is that a way to run a business.

Hunter Zolomon

Totally agree with this.

The last three years have been 4th, 3rd, 2nd, with 2FACups and 3CL qualifications. If the fans are as angry as f*** with that, imagine what 12th and 10th would do.

Fans are fickle, look at Leicester ffs, one year after a title and the board and fans all disgruntled and Raniri's job on a knife edge.
If you cant handle the heat then get out of the kitchen. Football has evolved, its that kind of pressure that forced Conte to change his tactics and get the best out of the team. Arsenal has stunk of complacency for years now. Well thats not a surprise because the manager knew win or lose, he would still be employed the next season. So i am not surprised we have a team without many real fighters, because as they say **** rolls down hill, no pressure by the board on Wenger which means no pressure by wenger on the players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Chelsea spent £100 million in 2003 for **** sake and some fans think £80 million in 2017 is enough for us to seriously compete. :lol:

With the right manager, we can seriously compete even without buying any player. Our players are ATM all playing to a fraction of their max potential. Ok, maybe I'll feel more comfortable with a new left back, but people are starting to underestimate how good our players are.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only manager on the planet I could see having us competing with the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea considering we'll spend less than them, is probably Simeone. There's very little evidence to suggest any of the other names mentioned can really get a team playing to such a level where they can compete with teams who can spend way more than their team can.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure Simeone's style would be as effective without the world class strikers his always had at Atletico.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only manager on the planet I could see having us competing with the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea considering we'll spend less than them, is probably Simeone. There's very little evidence to suggest any of the other names mentioned can really get a team playing to such a level where they can compete with teams who can spend way more than their team can.
This.

That's the intelligent way forward to try and win the league, otherwise you might as well stay with Wenger, he's as good as the rest. There aren't many proven managers who have beaten the money odds.

Those fans who just want change for change sake would have anybody, that's my worry. Fortunately the board are in charge and Wenger's been a cash cow, so they're not going to let him go easily.

Since Wenger came, Sp**s have had 16 managers and won just one League Cup. They've earned f all from the CL and kept the same old stadium. They didn't have financial doping either.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I went for Diego. Can't even explain why.

Whoever the new manager is they'll have to trim the squad while keeping Alexis on board. Maybe that's why I want Diego. I feel he can take players up levels just by making them work harder. And that's the biggest change I want to see. A team that works hard.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not sure Simeone's style would be as effective without the world class strikers his always had at Atletico.

Alexis is pretty close to being world class, keep him (which I'm sure Simeone would be able to do) and sign another decent forward and it's close enough to Gameiro-Griezmann in terms of quality.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If Özil & Sanchez really are holding out for £250,000 a week then as sad as I would be to see Sanchez leave I say sell them, should get £50 - £60M at least for each of them surely. potentially even let Ramsey & Walcott go depending how they do the rest of the season to raise some funds for the new manager with a transfer budget of £250 - £300M I'm sure that a lot of managers would be seriously interested in the job.

My first Choice would still be for Koeman even though he's not on the list above. ideal transfer summer Lukaku £60M Dijk £50M Pjanic £50M Mbappe £50M plus Gnabry or Zaha £30M and I'll trust Koeman's eye for another DM if Coq doesn't massively improve.

Extremely unlikely but drastic measures will be required if we lose Sanchez & Özil.

Atleast Koeman would instill a long range shooting mentallity! :p

He has connections to clubs I would really like to poach some players from to

His playing career coming from Holland to Barca and his later manager career really makes alotta sense for Arsenal

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I went for Diego. Can't even explain why.

Whoever the new manager is they'll have to trim the squad while keeping Alexis on board. Maybe that's why I want Diego. I feel he can take players up levels just by making them work harder. And that's the biggest change I want to see. A team that works hard.

I reckon Ramsey would thrive under Simeone!

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If we're talking about managers who can push their players a level above themselves, I think you can make an argument for Allegri or maybe Sampaoli. Allegri in particular has got Juve competing with the top clubs in Europe.

I also think people overestimate what it will take for us to win the league right now. I'll admit Chelsea are strong this season, but City, Utd and Chelsea the last few years really haven't been that good at all. Throwing away 100s of millions on Stones, Mangala, Martial, Pogba etc. doesn't excuse us from competing. If they were spending well and had elite teams I wouldn't be as disappointed in our group falling short, but they clearly aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom