• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ki Sung-Yueng

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Ah, I wish I could see some of you guys commenting on potential transfer for Matic before he went to Chelsea the 2nd time. 'He aint good enough' 'we need a statement' 'he already failed in EPL' 'what is his name nemajna? Nevalja? What?' 'He only plays in Portugal league' yadda yadda yadda

Some of the logic people bring out is mind blowing

Ah, I wish I could see some of you guys commenting on potential transfer for Matic before he went to Chelsea the 2nd time. 'He aint good enough' 'we need a statement' 'he already failed in EPL' 'what is his name nemajna? Nevalja? What?' 'He only plays in Portugal league' yadda yadda yadda

People were saying nothing but nice things about Matic when he joined Chelsea for second time, most on this forum wanted us to compete with Chelsea for his signature.

Matic is million levels above the KI.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You've just made all that up, I personally don't want Ki because he's not going to push us on, make the difference.

yybecause

Because Chelsea was in for hin for big money. If they offered the same for Ki, many would change their mind and want him. Logic

GabeGooner

Most of us, myself included, don't want to mess around when it's time to get the job done.

Why take a risk on a player who has potential to be good at the job when we can sign one we know will do the job?

Why buy Sung-yeung when we have Rosicky and Cazorla as 'squad players' already, and Ramsey, Wilshere, Özil and Chamberlain all vying for central positions that they can't all occupy?

Where's the logic in that?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Because Chelsea was in for hin for big money. If they offered the same for Ki, many would change their mind and want him. Logic
You opta or something? Anybody wanting Ki for the money Chelsea paid for Matic shouldn't be watching football to be honest. Logic.

Yorch_44

People were saying nothing but nice things about Matic when he joined Chelsea for second time, most on this forum wanted us to compete with Chelsea for his signature.

Matic is million levels above the KI.

How easy is to say it after He succeded in Chelsea. But here are a lot of people who think if a player is not WC or super recognized then isn't worth.

If Wenger thinks Coq is going first XI then you need a solid sub. Arteta and Flam are not. Diaby is but not reliable.

Coq weren't a problem this season, instead He saved us. The problem is if Coq get injured then we are in problems, we are back to flam. So I prefer Ki as a very solid option.

If we use coq as a sub this season again then I'm sure he will go out to other team. His mentality cannot support to be a sub, Overall his excellent half season.

How easy is to say it after He succeded in Chelsea. But here are a lot of people who think if a player is not WC or super recognized then isn't worth.

If Wenger thinks Coq is going first XI then you need a solid sub. Arteta and Flam are not. Diaby is but not reliable.

Coq weren't a problem this season, instead He saved us. The problem is if Coq get injured then we are in problems, we are back to flam. So I prefer Ki as a very solid option.

If we use coq as a sub this season again then I'm sure he will go out to other team. His mentality cannot support to be a sub, Overall his excellent half season.

Read my post again. People were already wanting Matic before he joined Chelsea.

Anyway this KI is 26 years old, hardly going to improve from now on.

The weirdest thing is that when people say signing Vidal or Bender or players like them doesn't sound right. Why the hell are we building 60,000 stadium and building incredible finical balance if we are not going to push on and become one of the best club in Europe signing the best players available?

Livedk

Established Member

he won't come cheap, why pay 20 mil for him when we can improve on our starting 11 for 30 ?

We always look for a bargain, that's why we got flamini, welbeck, Giroud, buying mediocrity we don't really need is the reason we aren't competing for the league and in Europe

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
He's a very decent footballer. However, this is as big a non starter of a story we'll have this summer.

yybecause

@ acid
If you read my post again, and do some research you'll see Lars Bender being my no.1 wish for few summers now.
But when I said something doeant fit right there I didnt mean we shouldnt do it as we are to become too good then, or whatever you are trying to make it sound like, even going with 'why did we build this huge stadium we have'
I mentioned the reason, and its Coq. He didnt put a step wrong since he came in starting 11. Not only that, he is the main reason why our game went up, why we did the run we did, and why we wont play CL qualifier.
Love him or hate him, like his name or think his name aint class enough, aint flashy enough, he did nothing wrong and he well deserved his place in startin 11.
If his name was Arturo Vidal, and he played excatly the same way Coq did, we wouldnt be crying for one more player of that caliber, cause you dont send such a player on stands week in week out knowing you can only register 18 players on a matchday.

Then again, anyone can share their opinions and say Francis is not what they want in startin 11, thats fair.
But dont attack me for saying out loud that as much as I love Arturo and dream of Lars, I cant really see it happen cause reading and watching Arsène's comments on Coq and how much he rates him tells me there is a very slim chance of us buying someone who's gonna walk into startin 11 and bench a guy who is so highly rated. Thats where Ki fits better in my opinion, in the whole saga about our DM position.

Lars is still my dream, cause if that happens I know Wenger has a plan and will do something so everyone can play enough games (probably one of the starters would leave then), but, if we are to keep this whole team together, not even counting on Arteta and Flamini, its hard to think AW would bring Vidal or anyone that big

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Wernt we linked with him last summer if wenger wanted him he would have got him them when le coq was on loan?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

"We're past signings like this" yet half the Gooners on here are desperate for Schneiderlinn, I'd say over the course of the past two seasons Ki has definitely outperformed him. Plus he's more suited to our style of play.

Fair enough if you want Vidal or Gundogan, but saying Schneiderlin takes us to another level and then going on to say a superior player in Ki (and believe me he is) is a poor signing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

"We're past signings like this" yet half the Gooners on here are desperate for Schneiderlinn, I'd say over the course of the past two seasons Ki has definitely outperformed him. Plus he's more suited to our style of play.

Fair enough if you want Vidal or Gundogan, but saying Schneiderlin takes us to another level and then going on to say a superior player in Ki (and believe me he is) is a poor signing.

Exactly Schneiderlin is Ki with a good PR team behind him. Just because he has Gary Neville noshing him off on Sky all the time doesn't make him world class.

As for Ki he recently signed a new deal at Swansea till 2018 so it might be a little expensive getting him.

raag

@ acid
If you read my post again, and do some research you'll see Lars Bender being my no.1 wish for few summers now.
But when I said something doeant fit right there I didnt mean we shouldnt do it as we are to become too good then, or whatever you are trying to make it sound like, even going with 'why did we build this huge stadium we have'
I mentioned the reason, and its Coq. He didnt put a step wrong since he came in starting 11. Not only that, he is the main reason why our game went up, why we did the run we did, and why we wont play CL qualifier.
Love him or hate him, like his name or think his name aint class enough, aint flashy enough, he did nothing wrong and he well deserved his place in startin 11.
If his name was Arturo Vidal, and he played excatly the same way Coq did, we wouldnt be crying for one more player of that caliber, cause you dont send such a player on stands week in week out knowing you can only register 18 players on a matchday.

Then again, anyone can share their opinions and say Francis is not what they want in startin 11, thats fair.
But dont attack me for saying out loud that as much as I love Arturo and dream of Lars, I cant really see it happen cause reading and watching Arsène's comments on Coq and how much he rates him tells me there is a very slim chance of us buying someone who's gonna walk into startin 11 and bench a guy who is so highly rated. Thats where Ki fits better in my opinion, in the whole saga about our DM position.

Lars is still my dream, cause if that happens I know Wenger has a plan and will do something so everyone can play enough games (probably one of the starters would leave then), but, if we are to keep this whole team together, not even counting on Arteta and Flamini, its hard to think AW would bring Vidal or anyone that big

Ok, I see what youre saying in terms of not wanting to bench Le Coq. He fought hard for his chance and he's one of our own. Been consistent enough to be one of the top 3 performers in the squad for the concluded season. I get that.

Having said that though, we're THE Arsenal. If a player can't handle competition, he shouldn't be in a massive club like ours. Isn't there logic in bringing in a Vidal or someone of that caliber to fight it out? See who performs better and base the starting 11 on that and not on the name on the back of the shirt. I mean, if Coq can maintain the level he had recently, Vidal might not be able to displace him.

Doesn't that make more sense than buying someone like Ki who may be happy on the bench but doesn't push the first 11 players as hard?

Last edited:

I have never wanted Schneiderlin, nor KI. Now back off.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Underrated player and better than Schneiderlin, but ultimately not good enough for us either.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom