• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ki Sung-Yueng

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Haven't seen enough of him to say whether he's good enough to be an Arsenal DLP. Is his passing comparable to Arteta's?

I believe he has a better passing range than Arteta, he looks to play a variety of different passes. Maybe less tactically astute than Arteta but not bad in that regard either. Very much in the same mold of player all in all though.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Ah, I wish I could see some of you guys commenting on potential transfer for Matic before he went to Chelsea the 2nd time. 'He aint good enough' 'we need a statement' 'he already failed in EPL' 'what is his name nemajna? Nevalja? What?' 'He only plays in Portugal league' yadda yadda yadda

Some of the logic people bring out is mind blowing

You mean, one of the best players in Portugal? The same player who won the best player in Portugal award? Really?

All you need to ask your self about players we sign. Is this a player who can see us through a game against Bayern Munchen, Juventus or Chelsea? Even Monaco? Do we wanna compete for Champions league and premier league?

You can't do that and keep signing b-class players.

No one person in particular. Was just skimming through the comments and saw one or two mention he wasn't at our level or whatever.

Yeah, me and THunter against the rest who wants to sign this player. And I'm telling ya, I never want Schneiderlin. Don't know about THunter.

So it is really weird putting comment like that here because don't think there is anybody who wan'ts Schneiderlin saying that we should not sign KI.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Why you think Ki wouldnt push for startin 11?
He fits our style very well and has 5,6 years left to play at top lever at least. He offers somethinf different to Coq, something Wenger likes also.
Both can fight for that position, while Vidal is an automatic starter whenever fit. Why dont we bring Silva then, and let him fight with Özil for his position?
Its about balance, nothing but balance. Long story short; if Wenger sees Coq as starter then forget about Vidal and co, and start thinking about getting a better sub for him then Flamini and Arteta are, something Ki surely is.
I know what some of you are trying to say and suggest, like bring Vidal and let Coq fight for it. But thats not how it works in real life.
You end up with Coq in stands, and it goes all down from there on for him. Soon you see him play one game in cup every 3 weeks or so, and we start talking how he didnt take his chance and stuff like that.
Player like Ki will also fight, but he wont have that big star name on him and automatic starter whenever fit too.
I do think we have plenty of offensive players, and if we are to play FM Vidal would be a dream to have in a place of Santi for example, but to have both plus all the others we have is not really healthy for a team in real life.
Ki is still not my dream, but I am only trying to make some sense here knowing What Wenger might try to do after 15 years of following his work and ideas

GabeGooner

The question isn't "Is Ki good enough to be comparable to Arteta?". We're trying to get shot of Arteta because he isn't good enough in all the required areas.

The question should be "Is Ki as good as Cazorla?" – because that's who he'd have to displace. With Coquelin at DMC, we'll be rotating the CM (Cazorla) with Ramsey. If Ki comes in, Cazorla has to go, surely; Ki isn't a holding midfielder.

Personally, I think we're wasting our time debating it. Common sense tells you we have more than enough options in this position – all of which are better than this player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Schneiderlin is better, after the hype last season I decided to watch him this season and he's legit, to dismiss him and big up an inferior player (and believe me he is) in Ki makes me laugh.

Last edited:

This is what 10 years of no glory do to ya. People don't think they deserve better.

It just doesn't sound right signing world class players like Vidal or Sterling. We should be shopping players from Southampton or Swansea to get our annually top 4.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Schneiderlin is better, after the hype last season I decided to watch him this season and he's legit, to dismiss him and big up a inferior player(and believe me he is) in Ki makes me laugh.

I have it the other way around. I was caught by the hype at the start, but after watching him I find him extremly average; the way he hides when playmaking from the deep is embarrassing, basically the job Koscielny does for us. Good talcking and intercepting, but other than he's not good enough for us, and those attributes we get from Coq.

raag

I have it the other way around. I was caught by the hype at the start, but after watching him I find him extremly average; the way he hides when playmaking from the deep is embarrassing, basically the job Koscielny does for us. Good talcking and intercepting, but other than he's not good enough for us, and those attributes we get from Coq.

Wanyama always seemed to be beasting it more than Schneiderlin for me

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Dont. Want. At. All.
No.
DISC_CRB_CHECK006.jpg

NO!!
P.S. Only two things to this transfer 1. Commercial activities. 2. So we can ****ing beat Swansea next season.

Maxim

Hang on, how did people come to the conclusion that ki is a superior player to schneiderlin?

Also, I'm pretty sure a schneiderlin/ki/whoever will be brought in to provide competition for coquelin, not to play alongside him.

Coquelin's main deficiencies are his passing ability and going forward. he's an absolute passenger when we attack. I think this is why wenger is looking at a new midfield signing, someone who gives us some of what Coquelin does but can control the game from deep as well.

Yorch_44

This is what 10 years of no glory do to ya. People don't think they deserve better.

It just doesn't sound right signing world class players like Vidal or Sterling. We should be shopping players from Southampton or Swansea to get our annually top 4.

Ok if someone is not agree with you then you attack their opinion and way of thinking. Come on chill out! Is not a war or A vs B. Just opinions

Yorch_44

Hang on, how did people come to the conclusion that ki is a superior player to schneiderlin?

Also, I'm pretty sure a schneiderlin/ki/whoever will be brought in to provide competition for coquelin, not to play alongside him.

Coquelin's main deficiencies are his passing ability and going forward. he's an absolute passenger when we attack. I think this is why wenger is looking at a new midfield signing, someone who gives us some of what Coquelin does but can control the game from deep as well.

Song was criticized here for his ability of going forward, then people priced for a properly DM who bosses in a physical and defensive way. Now we have it, and ironically people is criticizing him for not going forward and give the ball to Caz and Özil.

How do You know maybe He is doing what Wenger asks him to do?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

End of the day what job role is it for new player? I.e replace le coq or back up to him or play along side him?

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom