• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 0 Brighton and Hove Albion | Sunday 17th December | KO: 14:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Our chances were not as clear as people were suggesting. I think the bigger problem if we were looking for one was more slowness to make the final ball or the pass itself.
9 shots on target not good enough?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've only seen highlights but I'm delighted with the result as this fixture had banana skin written all over it. We had 9 shots on target and their keeper made 7 saves. We restricted them to one shot on target. So, I'm happy with our chance creation but we need to work on converting those chances and an early goal is always welcome. Well done lads, well done Arteta.

Badger_Revenge

I think this was one of the best performances of the year. The attack looked very much like last year in the speed of passing and the complexity of movement. We just weren't very clinical at the last moment. Part of that was down to Brighton who defended doggedly. Dunc was throwing himself at shots left and right.

Really happy with how the energetic high press thwarted Brighton's buildup. They were still pretty sharp on the ball, but were forced sideways or backwards a good part of the time. They had one good chance, which if they had taken might have changed the nature of the match.

Props to Nketiah who was feeding some nice passes and drifting into some nice spaces. I think he may have been better suited for playing on the break than Jesus.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well yes, you can see from the xG they weren't great chances.
xG does not count very good chances that are 50/50 goals if the cutback pass hits the player aimed towards, or the ball bounces with any luck. It is not shown in xG at all. xG is not perfect even if very useful. Arsenal had a few of these situations, at least three.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Right Brighton are being a bit cuckish aren't they? Going a bit over the top with their praise here. Seems like they get off on being battered.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Despite the dominance, Gross did miss a great chance to make it 1-1. Could easily have swung the other way. The chances that we had apart from the goals weren’t so clear cut. Who knows what could have been. Fine margins.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Beaten by a much better side and no shame in that
Only positive for me is we've got our toughest away game out the way and kept the score down to 2. Hearing Arteta praise his team as being superb and the best they've played for a long time puts the loss into perspective.
End of the day lost to probably the second best team in the country
Declan Rice too much for our MF, Saka too good for Milner. Not at all ashamed of that scoreline.
Arsenal we're so much stronger then they we're last year, Rice has helped them massively.
It could have been 6-0 today.
No complaints today, we did well to soak it up for so long. They were miles fresher and not suffering with injuries anywhere near to what we are.
Away to potential champions - I’ll take that. Agree that some of our old timers are no longer the cozy blanket we need when things get tough. Onwards and upwards.
First time in a couple of years I’ve seen BHA outplayed. No worries though if you take this last week in consideration. Add injuries and going down to Arsenal away, with two more rest days. Well, it’s the next couple of games that matters!
Milner/Saka was just a daft match
Arsenal are a great side right now, with a fully fit team (the odd player aside) and they’ve had 2 days extra rest. It is what it is.
Coming off second best to the league leaders, I am shocked. These are a very good side and I honestly think it will be their year this time around.

They were simply better than us.

Rather gracious in defeat, it has to be said.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Reminds me a of a story Alan Davies told: in 12/13 he met Wenger at an event and asked him why Walcott was taking so long to agree a new contract, Wenger’s response was to sing the chorus of “money money money”.

You know, I was fully expecting you to say something about me being around when ABBA were in their prime 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom