• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester United | Sunday 3rd September | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Manchester-United.jpg

Screenshot-20230828-083955.png
[/URL]
lineup.png

Arsenal 1-0 Man utd

Last edited by a moderator:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This was very interesting actually, worth the watch. Some interesting observations regarding the corners.

Yup, my eyebrows were also raised at the bit where they said we're struggling to create opportunities in central areas.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yup, my eyebrows were also raised at the bit where they said we're struggling to create opportunities in central areas.

It's a mixture of opposition teams having wised up and our current midfield of Rice and Havertz not being as comfortable playing in certain areas compared to Partey and Xhaka.

Utd not marking Rice for any of the corners is weird though, but Arsenal realising this and capatalising on it is genius and just goes to show the level of live analysis done by clubs.

From my pedestrian perspective it all looked a bit scrappy at the time, but it explains why the coaching team went absolutely nuts.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Having looked at Lindelof's challenge on Nketiah, nevermind whether it was the last man or not, he was kicked in the head. Surely that's a red card offense?

The audaicty of Yanited complaining about bad decisions when they had some go there way too. I personally don't believe the foul on Havertz was a penalty but we've definitely seen them given. Heck, just look at Rashford's against Forrest, the same amount of contact.

We won 3-1. We deserved it. Stop crying Seven Hag.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Having looked at Lindelof's challenge on Nketiah, nevermind whether it was the last man or not, he was kicked in the head. Surely that's a red card offense?

The audaicty of Yanited complaining about bad decisions when they had some go there way too. I personally don't believe the foul on Havertz was a penalty but we've definitely seen them given. Heck, just look at Rashford's against Forrest, the same amount of contact.

We won 3-1. We deserved it. Stop crying Seven Hag.
Missed that one. Wow, wtf!!! It should always be a red card when you kick that high and hit the head.

drippin

You see?!

It wasn't even checked!

Yanited and VAR can **** OFF!!
Imagine if a stud would hit Nketiah's eye. He would become blind in that eye. It's very close.

That's really dangerous play and a clear red card. Even a bigger hit to the head would risk concussion.

I remember this Gillet VAR referee having been really bad for Arsenal earlier too.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Imagine if a stud would hit Nketiah's eye. He would become blind in that eye. It's very close.

That's really dangerous play and a clear red card. Even a bigger hit to the head would risk concussion.

I remember this Gillet VAR referee having been really bad for Arsenal earlier too.

I don’t think he makes contact with Eddies face there… you can tell because if he got kicked in the face Eddie’s head would go flying back. He doesn’t even blink. And I’m pretty sure it would be a card.

Just the camera playing tricks.

drippin

I don’t think he makes contact with Eddies face there… you can tell because if he got kicked in the face Eddie’s head would go flying back. He doesn’t even blink. And I’m pretty sure it would be a card.

Just the camera playing tricks.
Look at how the foot moves. Why does it move suddenly backwards if it doesn't hit? It's not possible. Camera playing tricks can't make such a movement?

It clearly hits, but not the studs.

Let's say 5 centimeters to the left and it's possible to blind Nketiah's eye or get a concussion. These have to be taken out of the game.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Look at how the foot moves. Why does it move suddenly backwards if it doesn't hit? It's not possible. Camera playing tricks can't make such a movement? It clearly hits, but not the studs.

Let's say 5 centimeters to the left and it's possible to blind Nketiah's eye or get a concussion. These have to be taken out of the game.

Good point… I have no idea why Eddie didn’t make a meal of that then.

drippin

Good point… I have no idea why Eddie didn’t make a meal of that then.
It was only a scratch and he is not someone who films. He should have so that incompetent fool Gillet would have to look at it.

It's dangerous play in itself, and considering all the other factors I think it should be a red. A red card doesn't require an injury to a player.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It was only a scratch and he is not someone who films. He should have so that incompetent fool Gillet would have to look at it.

Yeah you need to have gamesmanship in you locker these days - was this after Lindelhoof was already on a yellow? Definitely getting sent off if that was the case

Tomb Bombadil

I went back and looked at the penalty Rashford drew against Forest just last weekend. If the contact that Havertz drew isn't enough for a penalty then surely that wasn't enough contact either. Either neither is a penalty or both are, but we all know the real answer to the difference in VAR decision. ManU gets these decisions and we do not! That is the simple true fact! 💯
In the end all the decision were close calls at Sunday. No clear and obvious error. I rather not see this kind of penalties but you could argue that you don't have to overturn it. Same with Gabriel penalty. Same with the Evans "foul".

So all in all I'm ok with the deicions. And with penalties I'd rather see a stronger line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom