• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester United | Sunday 3rd September | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Manchester-United.jpg

Screenshot-20230828-083955.png
[/URL]
lineup.png

Arsenal 1-0 Man utd

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Any United fans conveniently forget the truckload of decisions that go their way yet play the victim on the marginal ones that don’t.

Rashford got a debateable penalty just last week which meant they beat Forest.

The Havertz decision was not a clear and obvious error. Why VAR decides to re-referee the game there I’ll never know.
I went back and looked at the penalty Rashford drew against Forest just last weekend. If the contact that Havertz drew isn't enough for a penalty then surely that wasn't enough contact either. Either neither is a penalty or both are, but we all know the real answer to the difference in VAR decision. ManU gets these decisions and we do not! That is the simple true fact! 💯

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Fair play to you mate, proper level headed fan. I didn't think we played particularly well personally, it was a bit of a strange game all round.

If there is some consolation for you, I think Højlund looked a problem when he came on, he won't face many stronger defenders than Gabriel and he did well, looked strong and quick. Also, Garnacho should play every week over Antony, unless he cannot play from the right for some reason?

Appreciate that, but I think getting us to a position where we're playing side ways passes between defence all game is a testament to your good shape and tactical set-up. It wasn't flashy but you were definitely effective and played well.

As for Garnacho, the kid excels on the left and hasn't really played on the right. Looking forward to seeing both him and Højlund this season which is the main positive I'll take.

Melquiades

I went back and looked at the penalty Rashford drew against Forest just last weekend. If the contact that Havertz drew isn't enough for a penalty then surely that wasn't enough contact either. Either neither is a penalty or both are, but we all know the real answer to the difference in VAR decision. ManU gets these decisions and we do not! That is the simple true fact! 💯

Yup, I was saying the exact same thing in the referee thread.

The Rashford penalty a week ago was even softer than the Havertz claim and VAR did not intervene.

They either caught a massive break to steal a result against Forest or caught a massive break yesterday, but instead (as usual) they’re whining despite actually being the team getting preferential treatment.

It’s consistently been this way since the 1990s and it’s infuriating.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Had a discussion at the office with a United supporting colleague who insisted that the incident with Hojlund should've been a pen.

I told him since Taylor denied Havertz earlier, he was never going to give United one unless it was a stonewall decision.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
That’s a child’s perspective. People (and athletes) move on sometimes. Jealousy is a sign that the reason the person, or player, moved on is the jealous one.

Diesel

Conclusive evidence the offside call was right.
Who cares if it wasnt either. Would have been sweeter for me if it was offside.

Same fanboys on the otherside would laugh at us during the fergie era when they would send 3 players out on a stretcher. Always 0 yellow cards aswell.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Was watching it with a few mates and we all laughed at the “a Gunner for life” commentary for Rice.

What was he on about ffs? :lol:
Jon Champion on the US broadcast brought the funniest moment of the day when he said some long-winded, dramatic thing about both sides having the honor of having their moments of glory erased by someone at a screen in an industrial park somewhere. Le Saux says “that’s not a pretty picture,” or something like that and Champion deadpans in a dickish tone, “it wasn’t meant to be.”

bergholt

LMAO.... Did you even watch the game? Have you even watch our past games? Do you think that is a team who can beat City? City will humiliate us without even trying... They will wreck us in the first half without shifting to second gear. So trying to hold om and keep close enough is a scenario that will not happen in the near, or even immediate future.

When we finally beat City, yeah maybe in 10 years when the Generational Charlatan is not the manager anymore.

Pretty sure Havertz playing centre back and scoring a hat trick will help us beat City

Tom Mix

Not to mention a blatant red card for Ferdinand for hacking down Ljungberg when he was through on goal and didn't even get booked, plus RVN for raking his studs down Cole's knee, plus other sh*thousery they got away with that day. That was the most corrupt refereeing in the PL history. Mike Riley and his linesman must have been paid handsomely in an offshore swiss bank account for that match.
Switzerland is a landlocked country, it doesn't have a proper shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom