• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

Squad:

Cech
Ospina
Bellerin
*Debuchy*
*Mertesacker*
*Koscielny*
*Mustafi*
Chambers
Holding
*Gibbs*
Monreal
Kolasinac
Elneny
Coquelin
Xhaka
Wilshere
Ramsey
*Cazorla*
Özil
*Oxlade-Chamberlain*
*Walcott*
Iwobi
*Sanchez*
Welbeck
Giroud
*Perez*
Lacazette

The asterisks are the players that are on the last year of their contract, perma-injured/**** or are imminently moving.

There's a fairly big argument for Giroud being in bold as well, as he has been mistreated by the club and it's clear his patience is running out, especially in a world cup year.

In the absence of reinforcement, our starting eleven is going to look something like;

Cech
Chambers-Holding-Koscielny
Bellerin-Xhaka-Ramsey-Kolasinac
Lacazette - Giroud - Welbeck

Which in itself isn't a particularly bad line-up, though it certainly wouldn't win a league. The real problem lies with depth. The second string would look something like:

Ospina
??? - ??? - Monreal
??? - Elneny - Coquelin - ???
Iwobi - ??? - Wilshere

If all the asterisked players move on in the next year we are going to be left seriously short of personnel.

Wenger needs to act now otherwise we're in for a serious fall from grace

What I would do now is explain to the contract rebels that they have a year to honour on their contracts and they won't be released, sign a new contract, get higher pay for a year and have a gentleman's agreement that they can all be sold next year if they still want to leave. They gain better pay for a year, we get good transfer fees next year rather than lose them for nothing... Win-win

Or we could act now...

Mustafi for Virgil Van Dyke
Ox for Draxler
Sanchez for Aubameyang

All three players want out of their current clubs and are therefore available for a fee...

Today's performance was the worst I've ever seen I think. We need to act now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I just watched your vid on AFT, poor heart, you looked & sounded a broken man. :lol:

I'm broken fam into so many little pieces. Words can't describe how I feel blud :(

Bludclart, 3 games in and the season is already over.

blaze_of_glory

The longer G. Neville is a pundit, the more clear it becomes he's just as inconsistent, hypocritical and biased as all the rest. He looked good early on but I think it was down to getting to be one of the first to use the fancy stop start replay screen. Anyone can appear worth listening to if they are talking while using one of those.

OSBK

Established Member
The longer G. Neville is a pundit, the more clear it becomes he's just as inconsistent, hypocritical and biased as all the rest. He looked good early on but I think it was down to getting to be one of the first to use the fancy stop start replay screen. Anyone can appear worth listening to if they are talking while using one of those.

I agree, when he started he was fresh and unbiased and ripped into everyone. Now it seems like sky are telling him to be more controversial on hot topics. Those topics are normally arsenal.

progman07

Established Member
Neville needs to ask himself why the players keep failing to do the basics, why this is tolerated at Arsenal?
Neville strongly defending Wenger is pretty funny considering he said he didn't know whether he was naive or arrogant a few years ago.
I think what he thinks of Wenger and what he tells on screen are very different. Don't know why though... they talk about wrong tactics, wrong mentality, players not doing their job, but it obviously reflects on Wenger.

Reactions: A_G

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Neville needs to ask himself why the players keep failing to do the basics, why this is tolerated at Arsenal?
It may be the manager. It may be the freedom the players are allowed. It may be a lack of tactics or intelligence on the players part. We only have to look at recent past games especially vs Chelsea to know that tactics are used. I've always felt that Wenger has taken too much of the blame unlike other managers and I still feel that so many players can't be dropped because our squad depth is a myth. I've been harsh on Ramsey,but who replaces him if we drop him?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We honestly should have stuck an extra midfielder in there like I suggested at the start of this thread. We were always gonna get ruined with Ox-Xhaka-Ramsey-Bellerin as the four across midfield and more specifically the Xhaka-Ramsey pivot against Can-Gini-Henderson which is probably the hardest working midfield in the league. Why do we have to approach every single game the same way? Just a slight tweak can lessen the damage, we just made it so easy for them.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think what he thinks of Wenger and what he tells on screen are very different. Don't know why though... they talk about wrong tactics, wrong mentality, players not doing their job, but it obviously reflects on Wenger.
Apart from Souness, Neville is the only pundit who has played at the top and also managed. I think his opinion depends on which hat he's wearing at any minute.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Then why we sit 2 months doing nothing if players don't want to stay here just f**king sell them. Same mistakes every season

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've just watched Madrid v Valencia. Valencia were being countered and got 8 players ball side to stop a goal. They all ran hard and fast. Valencia took the lead when Kroos switched off, stopped running and was second to a ball. Its the first time I've seen him do that.We don't work hard enough,often enough and switch off too many times.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As I say before the game Wenger not helping himself play your best possible team available don't mess up the system he gone and play with not his strongest team and mess up the system.

skip spence

Still not over this ****show, worst Ive ever seen!
Wenger better get his **** together and quick for me to even want to watch the games, its come to that. In fact that team performance was sack-worthy.

Eri

Then why we sit 2 months doing nothing if players don't want to stay here just f**king sell them. Same mistakes every season

Wenger will try to shift the blame to everything else apart from the high ups and himself.
Who let the situation drag to this? Who screwed up our last season with his own contract?
The whole club has acted very poorly.

Going by Henrys comments this team is not coached at all on balance.
Somehow Wenger thinks Arsenal are Gods given gift to football so other teams should just roll over and let us play. Either that or maybe he thinks he can shock the opposition with his stupid line ups and tactics.
Whichever it is is not working. He needs to go back to coaching.

Noone hired him to be nursery nurse. So he should stop giving a damn about the primadonas he bought and pick up a team based on rightful merits.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Utter dross today I'm afraid , and I concur with everyone who is rightfully seething at this situation. I can see a lot of movement in terms of moving players on in the next few days , but the need to invest in more quality has arguably never been greater.

I saw some aggitated fans last year , but today was the worst post-match atmosphere by a mile, everyone was seething. Really turbulent times at the club right now.

Eri

I've just watched Madrid v Valencia. Valencia were being countered and got 8 players ball side to stop a goal. They all ran hard and fast. Valencia took the lead when Kroos switched off, stopped running and was second to a ball. Its the first time I've seen him do that.We don't work hard enough,often enough and switch off too many times.

We dont do tactics. We wait for tactics to do us (literally).

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Glad I missed it to be honest

Why we aren't just playing 4231 with our strongest team I just don't understand. Ok play 343 when you have the personnel available and want some defensive stability. Don't just keep playing it and putting randomers everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom