• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Chelsea vs Arsenal | 17 Sep 2017 - 13:30 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
A point away from home to a top 4 team. Blimey that must be a good performance.

For any team contending for the title that would be 2 points dropped.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Laca, Welbz, Iwobi. None set the world alight today but all pressed from the front and provided a platform to allow us to defend cohesively as a team.

I have my doubts we'll see that again for a while ;) maybe could be done with Alexis, not sure if he can be arsed anymore TBH.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good result for the top four hunt & before a kind run of games.

Guess fortunate it was Morata, Pedro & Cesc rather than Costa, Hazard & Matic.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Very proud of the lads today. I said before the match that the performance was more important than the result and thankfully the lads passed that test. Focused, disciplined, organized with everyone looking like they have desire. This was needed.

Also, I am not surprised to see Morata go missing in a tough match. Also said he was a wee bit overrated and this is why. This is the type of match that Costa would have been extremely dangerous. Might have even gotten Mustafi a red card, but Morata was well controlled most of the match. This Chelsea side won't win the league again.

Mustafi did well imo. Kos bossed the match. Bellerin looks to be getting back to his best form and Kolasinac is looking superb signing.

I don't like all these Welbeck starts though. Feel we have to be getting to Özil-Laca-Alexis the sooner the better. Welbeck does some great things but completely lacks final third end product that we need if we only playing with 3 attackers.

infinium

Don't be fooled by this lot just yet. They always do this. Throw in a good performance and go on a little run after some dismal showings but, when crunch time comes again, they go missing.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Don't be fooled by this lot just yet. They always do this. Throw in a good performance and go on a little run after some dismal showings but, when crunch time comes again, they go missing.
We may well do, but let's enjoy a good performance and the hope it brings. For me, it was the commitment there that has been lacking that was the difference.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'd like to tell you to **** off but I can't in all honesty because you're probably right!:eek::D

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Are you saying we need better than Welbeck or are you making reference to his injury today?

Wellbeck is strong, athletic, mobile, enthusiastic, everything you need in a system that presses from the front (well everything apart from finishing). But alas.....he is a ticking injury-timebomb :(

Discodad

Laca, Welbz, Iwobi. None set the world alight today but all pressed from the front and provided a platform to allow us to defend cohesively as a team.

I have my doubts we'll see that again for a while ;) maybe could be done with Alexis, not sure if he can be arsed anymore TBH.
I loved today's performance. Fully expected another 3-0 embarrassment at best. I could grow to love a starting line up like that; bunch of blokes working hard for each other, and respecting the badge. No Özil. And Sanchez peripheral when he came on.
I've followed Arsenal for 45 years, and today's display , at an absolute fortress of a ground, reminded me of the organised and technically proficient performances we routinely displayed under ........George Graham

If we are not going down the Man City route
( supporting modern day slavery since 2008) I am happy to go along with days like these.

**** Özil

**** Sanchez

Wenger Out

Long live @Jury

infinium

I'd like to tell you to **** off but I can't in all honesty because you're probably right!:eek::D
I don't say this lightly. It's just been years since they've been tough enough to not lose 7-10 games a season. We've lost two already and you normally don't get anyway near the title losing more than 5.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
KQOgrYk.jpg

poor Laca

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Wellbeck is strong, athletic, mobile, enthusiastic, everything you need in a system that presses from the front (well everything apart from finishing). But alas.....he is a ticking injury-timebomb :(
I think he was just unlucky today. The injury he sustained could've easily been prevented - just needs to know to not reach back for the ball like that when in full motion. It was an unnatural movement for the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom