• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
first the stanfans got onto wengers back...and then complained that he couldnt run fast anymore....frikking dead weight whiny so-called fans.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
aahh...those mysterious "people" about whom the crappy senile demented old men whine about.... those "people"

talk straight man ...dont talk snide bullshit.

You're incapable of responding to a post you disagree with without personally insulting people. How you've not been banned from this forum I'll never know.

Good to know that at 35 I'm a senile and demented old man :lol:

kash2

You're incapable of responding to a post you disagree with without personally insulting people. How you've not been banned from this forum I'll never know.

Good to know that at 35 I'm a senile and demented old man :lol:

you share some characteristics...sure. why make fatuous generalized statements about "some people". Dont make this into a tribal thing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People are just making things up on here now. There are two possible scenario's.

1. What Arteta and Özil said was correct. Özil was dropped for ''Footballing reasons''

2. Özil wasn't dropped for football reasons as Özil and his representatives have insinuated.

There's no proof that either is correct, we're all theorising. People shouldn't be trying to make option 2 a statement of fact, because it categorically isn't.

Based on your two options what are the logical reasons why Özil isnt even in the squad. If its football reasons Arteta is basically saying I dont think you are good enough and no matter what you do in training I wont pick you. I wont even give you a thought. Doesnt really sound logical.

Or

Arteta has been advised that playing Özil again may damage sponsorship and marketing in China. That by even having Özil in the match day line up triggers a small bonus on top of salary. That playing Özil means more money. And last but not least the fact that Özil rejected the idea of reduced salaries, something that Arteta was vocal about, looks like Özil disrespected him when we no he didnt he was just apprehensive about the real reason. Which was proven right by Özil as no sooner had we reduced the salaries to save jobs we let 55+ go including the mascot.

As a football manager when you have an asset like Özil as much as he has been poor to bring him of the bench with 15 mins to go at least it's an option. But to completely remove him from the squad yet have him training with the first team is ridiculous. If he isnt under consideration why is he training with the first team?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He’s contractually obligated to train with the first team.
We are also contractually obligated to provide him the facilities to train.

Would be a very big L if one side fails to hold up their end actually. It’s what they are pretty much angling/hoping for. If Özil fails to be a model employee they will have grounds to rip up his contract. If Arsenal step out of line then Özil has a legal team strong enough to take them to court.

Özil tweeting support for the team is part of it as well.

Neither of them want it to come to that, hence the lack of info for us the fans and the compliance so far.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Based on your two options what are the logical reasons why Özil isnt even in the squad. If its football reasons Arteta is basically saying I dont think you are good enough and no matter what you do in training I wont pick you. I wont even give you a thought. Doesnt really sound logical.

Or

Arteta has been advised that playing Özil again may damage sponsorship and marketing in China. That by even having Özil in the match day line up triggers a small bonus on top of salary. That playing Özil means more money. And last but not least the fact that Özil rejected the idea of reduced salaries, something that Arteta was vocal about, looks like Özil disrespected him when we no he didnt he was just apprehensive about the real reason. Which was proven right by Özil as no sooner had we reduced the salaries to save jobs we let 55+ go including the mascot.

As a football manager when you have an asset like Özil as much as he has been poor to bring him of the bench with 15 mins to go at least it's an option. But to completely remove him from the squad yet have him training with the first team is ridiculous. If he isnt under consideration why is he training with the first team?
Maybe downing tools is the wrong term, but the regression we've seen from Özil since he signed the last contract has been pretty staggering. I'm not sure why the debate has been dragging on for several pages, but he's been dropped because he's not worth 305k a week due to his performances. All the other stuff is of course a factor that we shouldn't look past but it's underlined by his ability not matching the money we're paying him.

kash2

Maybe downing tools is the wrong term, but the regression we've seen from Özil since he signed the last contract has been pretty staggering. I'm not sure why the debate has been dragging on for several pages, but he's been dropped because he's not worth 305k a week due to his performances. All the other stuff is of course a factor that we shouldn't look past but it's underlined by his ability not matching the money we're paying him.

well laca, auba and willian arent worth the money they get every week these days. thats bullcrap logic.

he was a free signing in a way, and gets 72m for a 4 yr contract extension.. which is the transfer fee alone for pepe or auba...

Arsenal wanted to extend to pacify fans and then sell him off while he retained value... they are pissed that he refused to be offloaded and tried to bully him out .. and now the club is in freefall

vantoure

Ok so Emery, Ljungberg, Arteta, <Post Arteta Caretaker> and <Arteta successor> all have issues with playing Özil.

Where are we thinking the root of the problem is here people?
Lol, so creative with the {post arteta caretaker}

The haters are noticing if not creative :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

But Laca isnt worth 200k a week. Pepe isnt worth 72m and 100 odd k a week. Willian isnt matching the performances of a 200k a week player. Why are they in the squad if it's best on whether you play to the level you earn.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Arsenal wanted to extend to pacify fans and then sell him off while he retained value... they are pissed that he refused to be offloaded and tried to bully him out .. and now the club is in freefall

The club is in freefall

An interesting choice of phrase.

Do you wish for the clubs destruction?

Because they slighted a deity.

scytheavatar

Established Member
But Laca isnt worth 200k a week. Pepe isnt worth 72m and 100 odd k a week. Willian isnt matching the performances of a 200k a week player. Why are they in the squad if it's best on whether you play to the level you earn.

Which is why all of them should not be in the club. The current state of the club is due to seasons of terrible decision making, starting all the way from the disastrous 2015/16 transfer window. So you need to fix the rot one by one, and Özil is just the tip of that rot. No one should be asking why Arteta isn't playing Özil, they should instead be asking why Wenger and Emery have left a problem like Özil for Arteta to deal with.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

To be fair to Emery, he tried to phase out Özil and it led to his downfall. Poor results and poor looking football - plus the dressing room probably didn’t like it.

Even now if you asked our attackers today if they want Özil to play, you’d get a resounding “yes ofcourse, but I don’t make the decisions”.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I think that being dropped from the squad has actually worked out to Mesut's benefit.

The last couple of years of playing regularly he was getting slaughtered left and right by Arsenal fans for not producing the goods on the pitch.

Good example of the less you play the better you become in the fans eyes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

To be fair to Emery, he tried to phase out Özil and it led to his downfall. Poor results and poor looking football - plus the dressing room probably didn’t like it.

Even now if you asked our attackers today if they want Özil to play, you’d get a resounding “yes ofcourse, but I don’t make the decisions”.

You could also argue it looked worse on Emery that he tried to phase out Özil twice and then both times he caved in and brought him back into the side. At least have some conviction with the decisions you make. Perhaps if after the first time he did it, he kept him in the team or at least the squad after that but then at the start of last season he kept him out of the squad a lot too and then starting using him again after that.

Also I'm not sure if the Özil situation led to his downfall. I think in the end the players just lost belief and didn't understand what he wanted of them or most of the instructions. We never seemed to know if we should be pressing or if we should be dropping back or whatever and everything looked so disjointed.

The whole Özil situation is amplified by the fact that we just don't have any attacking midfielders, combined with a couple of shock home defeats with chance creation being a recent issue then of course everyone will look to Özil. I cannot believe that we didn't bring in any kind of attacking midfielder, in that regard it makes the complete Özil freeze-out a little bit more unjustifiable from a pure footballing point of view anyways.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It contributed to Emery’s sacking, and like you said flip flopping on his inclusion didn’t help @Tir Na Nog.

Arteta has two things going for him, firstly the FA Cup win and secondly he did the right thing not including Özil cause now, no matter how bad it gets he will have to find an answer without him.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

The situation would have been better all around if Mesut had left in the summer, I think that's pretty hard to dispute.

Mesut could have tried to rebuild his career and play games regularly somewhere else and Arsenal and Arteta wouldn't have his presence lurking in the shadows every time we lose a match or whenever a journalist needs to write some clickbait article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom