• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Manchester City 4 - 1 Arsenal | Wednesday 26th, April | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Last night was not good enough and we must not repeat the mistakes we made if we must get a result here. Even a draw will be good enough.

We just need to abandon our principle but you know Mikel will never do that. He's so obsessed with winning his own philosophy rather trying to be pragmatic.

Even Pep sacrificed possession when they came to the Emirates earlier in the year. We have to pragmatic. We have to protect Holding like a group of wildebeest would protect their youngest calf.

Screenshot-20230422-093636.png

Screenshot-20230422-093723.png

Screenshot-20230422-093742.png

Screenshot-20230422-093820.png

f780bd54-598e-4a84-a20e-1c4ded84c3e5.png

Prediction

Man city 0-1 Arsenal

COYG!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
When would you drop Jesus? Had 4 in 3 and prior to Southampton and came off early in that game. Saka had a goal and an assist vs Southampton and had been very good v Liverpool.
10 days ago people said we didn’t beat West Ham because he got subbed off, now he’s someone who needs replacing. Worst thing about defeats is the knee jerk overreactions.

LittleMo

When would you drop Jesus? Had 4 in 3 and prior to Southampton and came off early in that game. Saka had a goal and an assist vs Southampton and had been very good v Liverpool.

I would have left Trossard in the team whilst he was still performing well instead of giving Jesus the spot straight back. He deserved to keep his place.
10 days ago people said we didn’t beat West Ham because he got subbed off off, now he’s someone who needs replacing. Worst thing about defeats is the knee jerk overreactions.

I am by no means saying he needs replacing. Only that at the moment I think Trossard deserves to be playing.

Reactions: A_G

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
10 days ago people said we didn’t beat West Ham because he got subbed off off, now he’s someone who needs replacing. Worst thing about defeats is the knee jerk overreactions.

This season has proved whoever plays up top doesn’t really impact the team that much. We’ve gone on long winning runs with Eddie, Trossard and Jesus.

What’s killed us is the dynamics at the back. As soon as Saliba went down it was curtains.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I would have left Trossard in the team whilst he was still performing well instead of giving Jesus the spot straight back. He deserved to keep his place.

I am by no means saying he needs replacing. Only that at the moment I think Trossard deserves to be playing.
GJ got 4 goals in his first 3 starts - I think he justified his selection.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Arteta has **** the bed in some of his team selections. Saka looked dead on his feet and Arteta HAS to learn how to rotate his squad with the CL next year. Also some tactical flexibility is needed like Pep has been demonstrating all season.

Maybe that will all come with the players knowing how to play different systems with different and higher level personnel. Upcoming summer is a huge one for the club.

LittleMo

GJ got 4 goals in his first 3 starts - I think he justified his selection.
Trossard has 1 goal, but 8 assists though. I think his all round play has been better.

I don’t think Jesus is the problem, more I wish we could get Trossard back into the team as we were better with him in. That doesn’t have to be for Jesus.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Trossard has 1 goal, but 8 assists though. I think his all round play has been better.

I don’t think Jesus is the problem, more I wish we could get Trossard back into the team as we were better with him in. That doesn’t have to be for Jesus.
The problem is definitely not offensively we conceded 11 last 4 games and playing Trossard in place G.Jesus not gonna fix it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't understand Arteta. I don't understand the limitations. KDB literally came out an explained they used a double pivot for more control. Yet we leave Partey by himself.
“We stay loyal to the things that got us in this position” was his reasoning

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I did something different in this thread which was abandon my usual positive optimistic self and be negative instead hoping it will make a difference. Didn’t work. Note to self: The supernatural doesn’t exist.
Over the top negative is never the answer! I know from personal experience. Just kills all joy!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
😄 Let's just move on. You will not change anyhow. Just an overall negative poster camping out at A-M.
No mate. If you actually took the time to read the things I've said over the last 24 and throughout the whole season you would find very few, if any would be seen as negative.

Problem with modern society and forums is if you arent kissing someone's ass, you are against them.

But that doesn't make for interesting reading nor for people like you to throw accusations without any real substance.

The reason you can't post these super negative things I've posted over the last 2 months is because you can't find them.

So abit like the other fella I told. You've said something, ran with it, and when asked to back it up can't. Makes you look abit stupid pal.

Go and have a look in the Mikel thread. Nothing negative with what I've said. If you go back 2 years you will find things. But this season no. Apart from me questioning a few subs and tactics which everyone does.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
“We stay loyal to the things that got us in this position” was his reasoning
Unwillingness to adapt is an very ugly trait. As soon as Saliba got injured, he should have moved to a different system and began to get ready for the run in. We should have gone to a back 3 vs Palace and bedded Kiwior in as well as use a double pivot and stabilise the team.

How can you ignore the impact of Saliba and then put a player in who can't do anything that he does and then expect the same level of perfomance.

----------------White/Holding------Gabriel--------Kiwior/Tierney
Saka/Nelson-------Partey-------Jorginho/Xhaka-----------------Tierney/Zini/ Martinelli if we are chasing
-------------Ødegaard---------Jesus--------------Martinelli/Trossard

Your changes are Martinelli to LWB and Trossard left or two striker system with Eddie, which we ****ing did in pre season. It's not even like it would have been alien to the players.

Its so frusrating.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah Arteta too loyal about his approach i don't think we asking for complete change but we need some new ideas until the season end or we'll fail to win games we not doing basics right our mid look completely lost because our build up play is not the same as before

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah Arteta too loyal about his approach i don't think we asking for complete change but we need some new ideas until the season end or we'll fail to win games we not doing basics right our mid look completely lost because our build up play is not the same as before
Arteta won't change it now. If he changes it and we start keeping clean sheets and winning everyone will say....why didn't you do that before.

We will see the same team against Chelsea.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arteta won't change it now. If he changes it and we start keeping clean sheets and winning everyone will say....why didn't you do that before.

We will see the same team against Chelsea.
Would like he make some adjustments there no way the team will stop conceding last time we kept clean sheet was against Fulham also was the last time Saliba played since then we conceded 13 in 6. He has to do something even if he play same 11

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Would like he make some adjustments there no way the team will stop conceding last time we kept clean sheet was against Fulham also was the last time Saliba played since then we conceded 13 in 6. He has to do something even if he play same 11
Yeah but as I said....he has been too stubborn/proud/loyal to change it during these last 4 or 5 games when it was obvious it wasn't working.

For him to do that now and risk being proved wrong it will never happen.

Wenger used to do the same. Everyone was screaming "sign a big physical holding midfielder" and he would sign Rosicky or Cazorla. Not that they weren't good players but we needed something else as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom