• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn't surprise me if Partey comes back into that RB role he was playing before the injury at the weekend.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Our central progression is literally non existent. It’s sideways trying to bait a mid block, when the team has a ****ing lead for goodness sake.

Then it’s trying to stay safe when attacking despite time desperately running out. Smith had a chance in the game to play Nketiah in via direct ball along that left half space. He ****ing passes it out wide to Reiss instead because they want to increase numbers always. So ****ing stupid and has Arteta’s prints all over it.

We need unpredictability Mikel, not the same ****ing **** over and over.

Exactly this. It ends up looking like we aren't throwing everything at it. We should be taking risks and forcing the issue on plenty of occasions, but if just ends up with sideways passing where everyone takes two touches, allowing pretty much any half competent defensive unit to adjust, without even having to do so quickly.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Again despite we poor today i felt thier keeper made 3 excellent saves Trossard Tomi and at the add time from nelson.

In other end they really taken thier chances well tow excellent finishes. That's why imo you have to ruthless can easily get away with poor performance
What are the xG numbers? Feel like almost every single decent shot this season against us has been a goal

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Even in defeat, it shows how better this level is.

We never play a group game in the Europa with stakes like this, but already had one in our first away game here.

Fair play to Lens, really gave everything tonight.

Diesel

Our central progression is literally non existent. It’s sideways trying to bait a mid block, when the team has a ****ing lead for goodness sake.

Then it’s trying to stay safe when attacking despite time desperately running out. Smith had a chance in the game to play Nketiah in via direct ball along that left half space. He ****ing passes it out wide to Reiss instead because they want to increase numbers always. So ****ing stupid and has Arteta’s prints all over it.

We need unpredictability Mikel, not the same ****ing **** over and over.
Put in two wingers who arent true wingers on... and then gave them the two soft cms to support them. Lets face it him shoe horning havertz into team will get old fast. Ode and him cant play together. Havertz doesnt even run into box. How tf is xhaka gonna outscore him in this team. Zinny looks really exposed and doesnt have that security. Would love it if partey and rice played going forward and one of them was allowed to actually push the ball. The game looks hard and they are expecting bail outs in these games. Any serious team we run into is putting that midfield trio in trouble.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our game is now based on minimal chances created, but also giving away chances. So we will play City and create 3 chances. Miss them. They will create 3 and score one and it will be:

"We were not good enough in both boxes"

Becoming a common theme.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Life without Partey, we cannot build up in midfield without him.

Rice should just play Left 8 for the rest of the season with Partey/Jorginho as the 6.

We had Vieira/Trossard/Zinchenko/Tomiyasu on the flanks and nobody was stretching Lens, we played so narrow. Should have put Jesus on the RW when Saka was off if Arteta couldn't trust Nelson.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Yeah look his ankle will snap at anytime if it continue like this he getting kicked every game it doesn't help i wouldn't be surprised he ready for man city but i hope southgate try be nice and remove him from international break

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

What is more annoying is the fact that I have seen this performance the last 2 seasons in Europe. Olympiacos, Sporting, PSV away. Just a lot of these performances in Europe.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arteta without his best and most settled starting XI is still a problem. No Martinelli, no Partey, sometimes no Gabriel, no White, too many of his key players has been missing this season. I'm surprised we've got 17 points from 21 this season to be honest.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Life without Partey, we cannot build up in midfield without him.

Rice should just play Left 8 for the rest of the season with Partey/Jorginho as the 6.

We had Vieira/Trossard/Zinchenko/Tomiyasu on the flanks and nobody was stretching Lens, we played so narrow. Should have put Jesus on the RW when Saka was off if Arteta couldn't trust Nelson.
Exactly this. Been saying it since before Rice arrived. It was so obvious. Glad people are finally catching on.

I guess some are not though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom