• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squares, circles and triangles : The 2023/24 statistic thread

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
1707480718675.png

Bayern, Inter, City, Madrid, Barca and Paris looking the business. They will be difficult opposition.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We have the worst xG/Shot and the lowest % of shots <12m to goal which isn’t particularly weird as there should be high correlation between the two.

I wonder if that’s because of coaching and how we want to arrive at chances/in the box or if it’s more to do with our forwards playing a bit deeper (which is coaching/tactics in itself).

But that’s the main way to improve our xG here

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We have the worst xG/Shot and the lowest % of shots <12m to goal which isn’t particularly weird as there should be high correlation between the two.

I wonder if that’s because of coaching and how we want to arrive at chances/in the box or if it’s more to do with our forwards playing a bit deeper (which is coaching/tactics in itself).

But that’s the main way to improve our xG here

Cutback FC innit

Or allergic to far post runs fc whatever I don’t care.

But yeah room for improvement definitely. I do feel increasingly like Arteta is deliberately holding back the low hanging fruit for an end of season charge though.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Cutback FC innit

Or allergic to far post runs fc whatever I don’t care.

But yeah room for improvement definitely. I do feel increasingly like Arteta is deliberately holding back the low hanging fruit for an end of season charge though.
I’d like to see at least three people charging the gola area when Saka, Nelli or White comes all the way down to the goal line.

If we play ‘as usual’ then it’s that lcm, cf and the other winger. Øde for the cut back.

If we play like vs Pool with our cf as a 10, then it’s probably him, Øde and opposing winger with Rice/Jorginho for the cut back.

Something like that anyways.

It’s funny though that we usually refer to Liverpool as a team where lots of players attack the box in situations like that, but they’re closer to us in terms of cG/shot and % close range efforts. Would have thought them to have the highest ratio.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s funny though that we usually refer to Liverpool as a team where lots of players attack the box in situations like that, but they’re closer to us in terms of cG/shot and % close range efforts. Would have thought them to have the highest ratio.

Probably skewed by Salah and Trent going for glory by taking 2000 long shots per game?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not quite stats, but some nice in game analysis of what we’re doing. Far more fluidity in our positioning during our attacking phase, but with added confidence and conviction in our passing and movement.

Also where we can improve and more ways we can mature as a unit, particularly our decision making in the final third.

And, ignore the best ever stuff please :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not quite stats, but some nice in game analysis of what we’re doing. Far more fluidity in our positioning during our attacking phase, but with added confidence and conviction in our passing and movement.

Also where we can improve and more ways we can mature as a unit, particularly our decision making in the final third.

I remember in the trenches of late 2020 double pivot was the only guy really defending Arteta and talking about what he would do. So at least he's consistent

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom