• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It's Bayern, Again ....CL R16 Draw | Monday 12th December | 11:00 GMT

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's almost back. I can't bear it. I'm one of the few that were happy when he got injured last summer, don't care if that makes me despicable. He didn't have to get injured, he could retire, take a coaching job or whatever. I just don't want him to play for us.

Gaby & Holding must be ahead of him, I dont see him playing for us again.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is playing the first leg away actually that much of an advantage?

With the away goals rule I'm not so sure, just look at the panic we induced at Barca and Bayern in past seasons.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Let's see:

Man City-Monaco: This can be very tricky match for City.Monaco played very good in group stages and they scored more than 50 goals in French league.On the other hand,i don't think that Pep will change anything for this game in terms of gameplan.Still,if Aguero,KDB and others be in top form they can win it.

Real-Napoli:Once again Real got a easy draw and i don't see anything but them to win it.They had some bad moments in group but they are just level above Napoli.Italians are nice team,but chances are minimal for them.

Benfica-Borussia: Dortmund is a very good team,they had two very good games against Real and they have good pace in their game.Defence is their main problem,but as long as they can compete with Benfica on that part,they'll be fine.Didn't watch Benfica that much this season,but i don't give them too much chance.

Bayern-Arsenal: What we can say,another year and same opponent.Bayern isn't so good like under Jupp and Pep,but they still have class individual players who can step up in this kind of games.However i think this is our chance to beat them.But,things can change until February.We just need to put our top performance and to be good at Munich.

Porto-Juventus: Juve is a solid team and have a good players.I just feel that they miss something to win this competition.They have good attack and good defenders,but the game isn't on top level.Porto is always there,but they lack quality for something more in this matches.They have to expect bad day at the office from Juve to have a chance.

Bayer-Atletico: We remember that Bayer gave a hard game to Atletico two seasons ago and they only lost on penalties.They played some good football against Sp**s and Monaco and can give trouble to Atletico.Team from Madrid will probably be focused to try to win CL again.In La Liga they don't play so well and Simeone will probably look for this competition and try to win it.If they play their top game they can beat anyone tbh.

PSG-Barca:Another game that we watched a couple of times in recent years.I don't give to many chance to PSG.They somehow look weaker than in last seasons and even than they didn't win against Barca.Just like Juve,they lack something to win this competition and defence isn't so good.Barca also have some problems in La Liga,but with MSN they can beat any team.They will probably turn around the corner in this competition and want to win it again.

Sevilla-Leicester:This can be a nice game.Sevilla is very good team and they play very good in La Liga.They have solid organization in the team and have good manager.Leicester will probably try something in this game,but i don't give them to much chance.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
zp_04_Arsenal-team-1_8317.jpg

zp_05_Arsenal-team-2_7437.jpg

Arsenal-team-line-up-700x367.jpg

Boring drawing Bayern again, but we are slowing improving when you look at the lineups we started against them in the past with. Some jokers in these pics wouldnt/dont make the matchday squad let alone start in in huge CL games anymore.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I've had another thought about this, and Bayern could be the best thing to have happened to us. If we're not good enough to beat an under par Bayern(who'll still be plenty strong), we won't be doing much in the CL anyway. And its better we get knocked out as early as possible so that we can concentrate on the PL.
I mean I'd take a title challenge and a round of 16 knockout in the CL,over a quarter-CL/semi-CL but end up fourth in PL.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That 2013 game was great, best part being from 6:03-6:25 when Arteta just started going around fouling everyone at the end.

SYS

I've had another thought about this, and Bayern could be the best thing to have happened to us. If we're not good enough to beat an under par Bayern(who'll still be plenty strong), we won't be doing much in the CL anyway. And its better we get knocked out as early as possible so that we can concentrate on the PL.
I mean I'd take a title challenge and a round of 16 knockout in the CL,over a quarter-CL/semi-CL but end up fourth in PL.

Too much sense here

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Why are we just assuming Bayern are going to continue to stay at this level all the way through to March? They might go up a level after their winter break, we don't know.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Why are we just assuming Bayern are going to continue to stay at this level all the way through to March? They might go up a level after their winter break, we don't know.
Yeah, my point is that we'll have to face Real/Bayern/Barca level teams at some point. Better to face them earlier rather than beating a weaker team only to be immediately eliminated in the next round and jeopardizing a possible title tilt in the process.

Reactions: SYS

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Quiet, you bottling dramaqueen. We gonna get em
Nope, we won't.

And everyone will forget how much the team has improved and it will be "Arsenal out in the round of 16 again".

Hope we tie Sanchez and Özil down before that.

Walter White

Almost no one mentioned how crucial it is that we finish the tie at the Emirates. Yes we have been ****e in the league at home this year but in European nights matters. Really the biggest advantage of finishing 1st in the groups. There was a stat mentioned by some few days ago of abou 65 per cent of the times the team in our position would go through
We will do them.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom