• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

24/11/09 Arsenal vs Standard Liege 19:45 Skysports Xtra

nazo

Established Member
Song MOTM by far and away. Good result, but i'm worried about the injuries. There were some really stupid tackles here and there.

Overall, everyone was good but Song was motm. Good night.

Illusion

Established Member
True Gooner said:
I'm on your side regarding Almunia not being good enough but maybe you're being a little petty over here?

Not trying to be petty at all, just responding to people saying it doesn't matter :)

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Illusion said:
AnthonyG said:
Illusion said:
Did he touch it?
Touch what? An offside shot that wasn't on target and would have gone out of play?

He didn't know it was offside, he didn't know it would hit the post and he did attempt to save it.

He tried to save it and didn't touch it, doesn't matter whether it would have counted.
I really don't understand what you're trying to say. I know why you are saying it, I just don't think it has any validity whatsoever.

ultradoc

Established Member
kofigunner said:
You mean...gasp we kept a clean sheet?!!!! :shock:

with the help of the crossbar and one penalty denied for them, yes we did. Just curious, has anyone seen a more clearer penalty being denied? was it because the ball was a bit farther from the player? they didn't even ask for it. feel for them. But we are through and yoo hoo.

Vela theo denilson have a long long way to go before they can compete with the top class players of the world. The others seemed fine.

Illusion

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
I really don't understand what you're trying to say. I know why you are saying it, I just don't think it has any validity whatsoever.

I was just pointing out that Almunia failed to get his hands to the ball when he faced shots on goal which is somewhat of a habit for him.

qs

Established Member
Double_H said:
IS gibbs injured?! my stream died

Don't know, limped off alright. Hope he isn't bad because Traore vs Chelsea would be horrible. I'd actually play Silvestre ahead of him.

qs

Established Member
Double_H said:
IS gibbs injured?! my stream died

Don't know, limped off alright. Hope he isn't bad because Traore vs Chelsea would be horrible. I'd actually play Silvestre ahead of him.

ultradoc

Established Member
It's actually fricking nonsense. Gibbs kicked into the face of some SL player and instead of hurting his face, he has trouble in his foot. I don't know what to make of this. Some curse on arsenal, injuries always waiting to happen

Accomplished

Established Member
If they had been more clinical/lucky we would have been pushed, but I'm sure we could have scored more goals if we wanted to.

I thought their behaviour after about the 70 minute mark was disgusting. They gave up chasing the ball so just slid in on our players instead.

Vela wasn't fantastic, he's kind of RVP-lite. He doesn't quite have the ridiculous first touch that RVP's got, but he's got a similar skill set. It'll be interesting to see who Wenger picks for Sunday, but I expect he'll go for Eduardo.

Theo isn't ready for sunday yet. Maybe a sub appearance but definitely not to start.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
Wishes:
3 points
no injuries
Arshavin finally playing a good game
Eduardo to score
2/4
not that happy, but those 3 points are biggest than other 3 wishes.
Hope Gallas and Gibbs are OK, Gallas should be, not so sure about Gibbs. Don't want to see Traore, I'd rather see Silvestre and Eboue play there, maybe Clichy will be back?
Shava was good.
Shame Dudu didn't play, hope he's just "saved" for Sunday.
Song is AWSOME AWSOME player!
Did some commentator said anything on injuries?

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom