• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

24/11/09 Arsenal vs Standard Liege 19:45 Skysports Xtra

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Im amazed Walcott made it to the end

Its crazy how much Song has improved over the last couple of years, goes to show you have to give players a chance when they are younger. Hes only 22 and hes becoming a right beast.

General

Established Member
Gibbs has a broken metatarsal. Stupid shot to take if you ask me. Grates me when I see young defenders risk a counter attack with silly decision making when we have so many men forward. It didn't matter as the game was already won but professionalism shouldn't go out of the window. He should've just passed the ball now he has a broken foot.

James

Established Member
General said:
Gibbs has a broken metatarsal. Stupid shot to take if you ask me. Grates me when I see young defenders risk a counter attack with silly decision making when we have so many men forward. It didn't matter as the game was already won but professionalism shouldn't go out of the window. He should've just passed the ball now he has a broken foot.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
General said:
C'mon. If it went on that, it was probably going to go anyway.

General

Established Member
Not really James. My gripe is with the decision to take the unnecesary shot(It was naive and unnecessary) rather than the injury. The latter could've happened at any point during the game. Meh, step up potato head because Traore against Chelsea would be disastrous.

AnthonyG said:
General said:
C'mon. If it went on that, it was probably going to go anyway.

Probably not. The impact with the Liege player's foot was what caused it I think.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
To me it looked like a metatarsal fracture (I have a mate who broke one of the thinner metatarsals, I think it was the third or fourth, in a similar situation once) and those takes some time to heal.
:cry:

xcdude24

Established Member
Back from the Emirates. Cold as **** tonight.

I don't know why some of you guys are complaining. I thought we played very well, considering we had to do **** all to win today. We could have had five or six. Song and Nasri put in good shifts today, I thought. Everyone else was average-ish.

I think if anything today shows us exactly how good we are at home. We're such a confidence team.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Physio room says Clichy will be back for chelski?
Any news on that?
Lets play anybody but Traore, he'd be destroyed on Sunday.
Anybody else fears AW will play Traore there?

xcdude24

Established Member
By the way, I think today demonstrates how you better players around you make your performance better. Denilson in meant Song's defensive duties were less burdensome.

Kain

Established Member
What did you make of Denilson from the stands xcdude?, he & Song looked like they were really running the show as opposed to Cesc, more so in the first half when we went for it.

xcdude24

Established Member
Kain said:
What did you make of Denilson from the stands xcdude?, he & Song looked like they were really running the show as opposed to Cesc, more so in the first half when we went for it.

I thought Denilson was very composed today- he wasn't really a creative force out there, but he put in an excellent defensive shift. He also got forward when he needed to. I'll be really interested to see how he does if he's picked against Chelsea, because he provided that defensive stability that we needed. We've been caught on the break a lot of times this season, but not really today. Denilson was a big part of that. He's defensively mobile enough, and he takes a lot of the burden off of Song.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom