• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You know what’s most impressive? That he’s doing it in and out of the team. Ramsey is known as a diesel engine, needs to get going for a few games to hit form. Now he doesn’t play for a bit and comes in for the NLD and performs really well. He’s matured so much this year. He’ll give Juve loads of joy.
Yeah it's very sad. Shades of Judas. Not that he's betrayed us in any way but that he's hitting top gear just as he's departing. Good for him though. He seems poised to enjoy some really productive football for Juve. They're getting a model professional who hopefully can maintain the composure and positional intelligence he's improved so much this season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah it's very sad. Shades of Judas. Not that he's betrayed us in any way.

I mean they both did run their contracts down and didn't sign a new one Arsenal offered them. And don't believe it was Arsenal that removed the offer from the table, he never had the intention of signing one.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I mean they both did run their contracts down and didn't sign a new one Arsenal offered them. And don't believe it was Arsenal that removed the offer from the table, he never had the intention of signing one.
You might be right but he also may have watched them give Özil 350k a week for talent that he rarely displays and wondered if a decade of service, consistent effort and a couple of FA Cup winning goals(mind I'm nowhere near his biggest fan) wasn't worth at least some financial consideration. I understand that the talent level is nowhere near the same but the contribution level probably favors Ramsey so I can see why he might feel a bit miffed and have wanted a high salary.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He has chosen to leave. He has been a good servant of the club. Period. Time to move on. Good luck at Juventus. If we play them in the CL I hope he has a **** game!

BigPoppaPump

You might be right but he also may have watched them give Özil 350k a week for talent that he rarely displays and wondered if a decade of service, consistent effort

Yeah I stopped reading after consistent effort. Aaron Ramsey leaving has suddenly turned him into Zidane.

He has chosen to leave. He has been a good servant of the club.

But for some reason everyone think it's Emery and Raul getting rid of him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah I stopped reading after consistent effort. Aaron Ramsey leaving has suddenly turned him into Zidane.
No, that isn't true. Aaron always tries hard. Some days it simply doesn't come off for him. His inconsistency on the pitch is not due to an inconsistency in effort levels. There is a huge difference. Never really rated Rambo much myself but I would never claim he doesn't work his ass off on the pitch..

BigPoppaPump

No, that isn't true. Aaron always tries hard. Some days it simply doesn't come off for him. His inconsistency on the pitch is not due to an inconsistency in effort levels. There is a huge difference. Never really rated Rambo much myself but I would never claim he doesn't work his ass off on the pitch..

That's true, he does put up a consistent effort. I guess I meant he doesn't put up consistent quality.

BigPoppaPump

All reports say we withdrew from negotiations.

After he refused to sign any contract offered to him, those reports were just Arsenal saving face. Ramsey had no intention of signing again with Arsenal if he could go to a bigger team which he did.

Players run down their contracts at Arsenal all the time, we practically have one every season. You guys really think he would reject Juventus for almost double what we offered to stay at Arsenal?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Despite his goal, I thought his performance was just ok. He killed a lot of our counter attacks by turning back on himself and taking too long to get the ball out of his feet.

Ramsey is a decent player who's career and value has been inflated by the significance and quality of his goals more than his all round play.

He's the Welsh Luis Garcia.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

ezqnkpo352k21.jpg

Peter Drury man. Gives you chills for real.

Malky

Established Member
Agree with the general sentiment, had an okayish game but scored a fabulous goal. He was nackered around the hour mark, making those lung busting runs on that Wembley pitch is bound to take its toll.

I’ll miss him so much. His celebration was elite.
Actually gutted for him we didn't go on to win the game because that celebration ****ing deserved the win.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Can't believe some people are comparing Ramsey's situation to RvP.

RvP showed flashes of brilliance and very good form but inbetween were long periods of injury during which the club stood by him. As soon as he had an injury-free season he came out in public saying he wanted to join one of our biggest rivals.

Ramsey for sure has had his injury problems, however he has consistently contributed to the team in big games and been a core member of the squad. Then he's conducted himself professionally in his final season and not spoken out against the club in public.

BigPoppaPump

RvP showed flashes of brilliance and very good form but inbetween were long periods of injury during which the club stood by him. As soon as he had an injury-free season he came out in public saying he wanted to join one of our biggest rivals.

Ramsey for sure has had his injury problems, however he has consistently contributed to the team in big games and been a core member of the squad. Then he's conducted himself professionally in his final season and not spoken out against the club in public.

My point was they both ran their contracts down, didn't sign the ones offered to them by Arsenal and left for a bigger team. It's the same situation we've had with tons of players, it either goes the RVP/Ramsey way or the Özil/Walcott way either was we're always the ones who end up screwed over.

RVP was the best striker in the league and we barely finished 4th, if we got rid of him during his injuries there would be a long line of suitors so it was in our best interest to keep him. Of course he was gonna leave when he realised we weren't going to win anything.

Not to mention RVP was way better for us than Ramsey ever has been.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Flashes of brilliance and very good form? RvP scored 132 goals in 278 games for Arsenal and 37 goals in the 2011/12 season yet you make him sound like Arshavin.

He carried an Arsenal side with players like Squillaci, Djourou, Almunia and Gibbs to 3rd place and almost single-handedly won Man U the league the season after.

I get that the manner of his departure was disappointing, but if this was about facts and figures rather than popularity and principles, nobody would be trying to claim Ramsey as the bigger loss. Madness.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
his last game at the Emirates is going to be an emotional one, provided he plays

I just pray he won't get injured - we didn't get to say goodbye to Santi so I don't want that to happen to Ramsey

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Agree with the general sentiment, had an okayish game but scored a fabulous goal. He was nackered around the hour mark, making those lung busting runs on that Wembley pitch is bound to take its toll.

I’ll miss him so much. His celebration was elite.

Oh yeah , we will. He's a part of us , I knew straight away when he started pointing to the ground what he was saying :lol:. That celebration will go down in Arsenal folklore . If by some chance they build him a statue maybe in Cardiff they should capture that pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom