• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When I went to Madrid to watch the semi final of the game against Atletico in Wengers last year all the AFTV ones where about.

Robbie was having beers like any normal fan in Plaza Mayor.

I seen Lee the baldy one about mid to late 40s literally just chillin like any normal fan paying 7 euros a pint.

They weren't running around like celebrities or anything they were literally in the main square with about 1000 other fans.

People want to blame a YouTube TV show for Arsenals downfall. Basically these guys were die hard Arsenal fans before. Theyve had times when like most fans thought they had no voice and the club was getting more and more corporate and less working class. There was and still is a huge disconnection with fans. The club treat us like ****. They say things so blatantly showing 0 respect. The fans didnt matter because they would always sell VIP boxes to rich businessmen who didnt even support Arsenal.

By doing so theyve constructed a popular show and basically made a lot of money talking about Arsenal. For that fair play. I must write 50 comments a week here for free.

Now.....if it is that easy to destroy a football team by making a show then why the **** have us fans not been smart enough to set up a united one? Or a Liverpool one? Why? Because it has no impact on the performance on the pitch.

People have praised Wenger for top 4. AFTV didnt affect that. AFTV wasnt criticised the days we won the FA cup against Chelsea.

AFTV wasnt to blame when we signed Gabriel and Partey and thought. We might have a slim chance of top 4 if the cards fall our way.

AFTV is an easy place to throw blame. I don't particularly like the show. I do believe some of it is over the top but I literally be raging with Arsenal. Those on the show are no different. They are simply deciding that watching Arsenal these days is worth a few quid.

Right now the club has a million problems and a tv show run by working class people giving their opinions is not one of them.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Disruptive media always gets **** thrown at it. All these fan channels are a breath or fresh air.

Its like 70% football & 30% wrestling.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
AFTV is no different to something like TalkSport, characters are the same, you got wind up merchants like Adrian Durham baiting fans to call up, the Jim Whites who orchestrate controversy and make out everything is the end of the world.

TalkSport let the ****** speak over anyone sensible, AFTV is a YouTube version of TalkSport just focused on one subject; Arsenal.

Its all over blown/acted entertainment first media, it has no real affect on results or the club and the main thing it can be turned off.

Its one of the reason mainstream media hate on AFTV, your TalkSports, MNF etc wanted to show they were a cut above and there opinion mattered, in reality they're no different to AFTV and they dont like it, its all clickbait/viewer numbers led, Sky live controversial titles on all there YouTube content and they have similar faces who go OTT but because they have played the pro game they get more of a pass when they spew nonsense.

Jack badmon

There is definite snobbery going on, maybe because it’s people from a working class background doing well. Is the fact Robbie is a black man got something to do with it maybe? This anger is never directed at journalists the same way despite them being proven liars and manipulators. Imagine blaming a YouTube channel for poor results ffs. People need to look in the mirror sometimes.

Legend14

Established Member
It seems they are looking to profit by driving despair. Not all of their segments are this way, just most. No different than the evening news.

Like any other channel, I don’t have to watch it. If they have an audience who enjoys the content, why not make the money. To each their own.

I doubt that the Arsenal club leadership would make any decision based on AFTV. If so, there are bigger problems.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
There is definite snobbery going on, maybe because it’s people from a working class background doing well. Is the fact Robbie is a black man got something to do with it maybe? This anger is never directed at journalists the same way despite them being proven liars and manipulators. Imagine blaming a YouTube channel for poor results ffs. People need to look in the mirror sometimes.
That definitely plays a role. Black, not-super-eloquent (or all that knowledgeable about then game / club) immigrant is making an absolute killing serving as the de facto face of the fans.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
AFTV’s not to blame for our predicament, but they are an embarrassment. Live reactions of ordinary match going fans should not be broadcasted to millions.

Jack badmon

AFTV’s not to blame for our predicament, but they are an embarrassment. Live reactions of ordinary match going fans should not be broadcasted to millions.

But it’s alright when sky sports did fanzone for years. Or talksports main content centred around football fan reactions and opinions 24/7. Sunday supplement in the morning are allowed to talk about anything they want as well as television pundits on MNF etc.

You said ordinary.. ok I get it. So as long as they plaster a big sky sports logo in the corner of the screen all is ok then...

EDIT: Never mind that these are the same fans paying thousands of pounds every year (the most in the PL) to watch our team underachieve and embarrass us routinely. They are not allowed to speak, they are too ordinary.

Makavelii

I'm sure it's nothing to do with race. It's everything to do with AFTV being anti-Wenger who a lot of people love and feel he was treated unfairly by them.

Jack badmon

I'm sure it's nothing to do with race. It's everything to do with AFTV being anti-Wenger who a lot of people love and feel he was treated unfairly by them.

And the majority didn’t love him. He wasn’t treated unfairly he got given an extra 4 years off his name alone. 8-2 alone was a sackable offence. Btw the whole channel as a stance wasn’t anti-Wenger just individuals.

Makavelii

And the majority didn’t love him. He wasn’t treated unfairly he got given an extra 4 years off his name alone. 8-2 alone was a sackable offence. Btw the whole channel as a stance wasn’t anti-Wenger just individuals.

By his name alone or by his results?
Look at this chart and tell me he didn't earn the 4 years renewal.

Arsenal would be on average a mid-table club if not for the Wenger years. Yet so many people act entitled to be one of the top 4/champions and blame Wenger that we're not (despite him being the only reason we ever were that good). It's madness.

Jack badmon

By his name alone or by his results?
Look at this chart and tell me he didn't earn the 4 years renewal.

Arsenal would be on average a mid-table club if not for the Wenger years. Yet so many people act entitled to be one of the top 4/champions and blame Wenger that we're not (despite him being the only reason we ever were that good). It's madness.

I’m not denying anything pre 2011/12 I’m saying after that it was critical that a change was needed, any top European club would have done so we stood still. Now we are paying the price for it. Anyway I’m not getting into another Wenger debate it’s pointless.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Blaming a fan channel for the downward trajectory of the club is weak and small club mentality. DT ranting, abuse on social media, pundits on Sky, it's all part of the pressure that needs to be around a big club.

AFTV is divisive? Good, until we're elite and smash Bayern in the CL-final, there needs to be a harsh discussion about the state of this club.

Makavelii

AFTV is divisive? Good, until we're elite and smash Bayern in the CL-final, there needs to be a harsh discussion about the state of this club.
This is the entitlement I mean.
Wish our supporters were more psyched to support the team for good performances and decent results instead of demanding being top 5 in Europe as a minimum before being positive and encouraging.

Jack badmon

This is the entitlement I mean.
Wish our supporters were more psyched to support the team for good performances and decent results instead of demanding being top 5 in Europe as a minimum before being positive and encouraging.

Cool we can get relegated but as long as we beat man united 1-0 and then it’s all good!

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom