• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Your backup Rb is going to play what 10% of your games?

Do you have a 20M asset play 10% of your games or do you fill that minor need with a cheap experienced player who most important of all, is happy to be a back-up?

AMN wants to leave and play, why are you moaning at the club?

This is the bottom line, we have 3 right backs and are selling one for 20mil plus profit.

It just leaves a bitter taste as imo Ainsley is a better footballer than Bellerin, which has gone against hin here as no one would touch Bellerin in this market.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I'm not totally against this when you weigh up the different factors like having enough RBs, and Arteta probably wanting to go back to a 4atb.

My issue with the transfer is the business side of things. £20m is a bargain. Should be 25-30 all day long if its Wolves interested. No doubt about it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think Bellerin will play better than most of you expect tbh. The road back to 100% from an ACL injury doesn't end when the player is cleared fit to play.
Bellerin been steadily getting quicker and sharper with every passing game. As many experts have said footballers get rushed back from ACLs far too quickly and they play games even though they aren't 100%.

Its why I kind of feel bad for Holding. I know he's nothing special but hes certainly not dog **** like some people claim here. He is in the same boat as Bellerin, gotta give him the benefit of doubt for another 6months.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think Bellerin will play better than most of you expect tbh. The road back to 100% from an ACL injury doesn't end when the player is cleared fit to play.
Let's hope so. I like Bellerin and at least I expect him to be better than he was last season. I just wish he had better competition for his role - I know people have accepted Cedric as purely a back-up but I just don't like it, I wish we had a better player to challenge Bellerin for the spot.

SK Lation

On paper Soares is a solid signing. Pretty much like Debuchy was a solid signing on paper until his leg was broken.

Weve picked up a vastly experienced PL , international defender in his prime for relative buttons. There are worse things to be annoyed at.
Debuchy was one of the best RBs of the PL at the time we brought him in. To compare him to our portuguese bum is insane.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am moaning because our options now at RB are Hector Bellerin and Cedric Soares. That is bum territory.

If we sign a RB this window though, it’s good business.
It's not bum territory, it's just average, a small fire to put out.

Meanwhile our midfield is an Australian forest fire. Have to prioritise unfortunately.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His biggest limitation is how poor he is on the ball, and that's not going to change if he is fit or not. For this season though I'm hoping he can regain some pace and is just relatively solid defensively.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
gettyimages-1077836712-2560x3984.jpeg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bellerin been steadily getting quicker and sharper with every passing game. As many experts have said footballers get rushed back from ACLs far too quickly and they play games even though they aren't 100%.

Its why I kind of feel bad for Holding. I know he's nothing special but hes certainly not dog **** like some people claim here. He is in the same boat as Bellerin, gotta give him the benefit of doubt for another 6months.
The thing is with Bellerin, if you check his player thread most people accepted what you've just said and saw that he was getting better and better. The run in the FA cup final is probably the fastest I've seen him move since his injury.

With Holding I think he's crap because his issues aren't physical, to me he just looks like someone who will never be comfortable playing out from the back but yeah...probably worth giving him another half a season as well if we can't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom