• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Like it or not getting 60m+ for two academy products and bit part players is a very good business on our part.
The Iwobi fee was mad.

Slightly more sad about this one. But yeah as you say it’s probably still good business.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
next summer we'll be looking for a rb because Bellerin and Cedric are inept. Won't find anyone better than AMN who has the bonus of being one of our own who loves the club. Scandalous business really especially since we won't get a good fee.

AMN is not a top right back and never will be. Hes been in and around the first team for 3 years now and never made right back his own, pretty telling.

You give Bellerin a year under Arteta, if it doesn't work out you look at the options.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully this was Arteta’s choice, ideally he’ll have seen AMN and Bellerin and preferred to keep Hector.

He sees him everyday in training and I know the stats aren’t as good but if he would rather keep Bellerin then that’s ultimately his call.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is osei-tutu still not gone on loan? He could easily replace AMN he had very good season in Germany
He played mostly on the wing. I'd be surprised honestly, as much as I think he's a decent prospect. Not great defensively.

We should've told Wolves 25-30m or no deal. 20m is not much tbh
Maybe the club think £20m is enough, I would personally go for more. I think AMN himself wants to leave aswell so the club are probably doing him a solid by getting it done.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its Oxlade Chamberlain v.2.

Player cant nail down spot in his desired position. Player gets put at RWB, player performs well there but will never make a top quality right back and doesnt really want to play there.

Player ultimately moves.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Its Oxlade Chamberlain v.2.

Player cant nail down spot in his desired position. Player gets put at RWB, player performs well there but will never make a top quality right back and doesnt really want to play there.

Player ultimately moves.
Getting 35m for a player like Ox who had 1 year left on his contract was great business I was just angry we sold him to Liverpool, whom I was hoping we'd never do any business with after the whole Suarez fiasco

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully this was Arteta’s choice, ideally he’ll have seen AMN and Bellerin and preferred to keep Hector.

He sees him everyday in training and I know the stats aren’t as good but if he would rather keep Bellerin then that’s ultimately his call.
I think AMN himself wants to leave. He changed agent some months back to Aidy Ward, and even the PR behind that had him marketed as CM in big capital letters :lol:. I honestly think this is a big part of why he's leaving. He might say publicly that he will play anywhere for the team but ultimately, not getting chances in midfield is driving this decision IMO. Being a back-up full-back and all-round utility man is obviously not what he wants, he backs himself to go be a starter somewhere else. This is a good move for him otherwise - he absolutely gets into Wolves midfield on a regular basis IMO.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think AMN himself wants to leave. He changed agent some months back to Aidy Ward, and even the PR behind that had him marketed as CM in big capital letters :lol:. I honestly think this is a big part of why he's leaving. He might say publicly that he will play anywhere for the team but ultimately, not getting chances in midfield is driving this decision IMO. Being a back-up full-back and all-round utility man is obviously not what he wants, he backs himself to go be a starter somewhere else. This is a good move for him otherwise - he absolutely gets into Wolves midfield on a regular basis IMO.

Still wish we’d have got Bogle. I’m worried about Bellerin getting injured and having Cedric playing long stretches.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mutable is correct. Everyone knows he wants to play CM and sadly if he has ambitions of making the England squad and such be does have to move.

Arteta's ambitions are to win the CL and PL while Auba is here. AMN is never going to be a midfielder who's good enough to achieve those things.

Look at Aouar for example. Same age as AMN but the difference in talent is unreal. Does AMN even get on the bench for City and Liverpool? Probably not.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if it will be £20m up front? Surely we’d then have enough to go and hand Partey a suitcase with €50m?

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Mutable is correct. Everyone knows he wants to play CM and sadly if he has ambitions of making the England squad and such be does have to move.

Arteta's ambitions are to win the CL and PL while Auba is here. AMN is never going to be a midfielder who's good enough to achieve those things.

Look at Aouar for example. Same age as AMN but the difference in talent is unreal. Does AMN even get on the bench for City and Liverpool? Probably not.
As I said bro, once we get Auoar those gooners upset will forgive this sale

Top Quality

Sad to see him go. Fee seems on the lower end.

Still, can probably live with it. Don't think he was ever going to be a CL level midfielder, but saw potential for him at right back. Really need a comeback season from Hector now to make none of us feel sad about this ever again.

I wish him well! - and hopefully Wolves won't be direct rivals over the coming years!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What formation do Wolves play, is it not a 3-4-3?

Can't see Niles getting in ahead of Neves or Moutinho, guess Moutinho is aging but he still looks quality.
More of a 3-5-2 with Neves-Moutinho-Dendoncker. He gets in ahead of Dendoncker IMO. Even if they go to a 2 man midfield, he's easily a rotational option. There's plenty of midfield minutes for him at Wolves compared to at Arsenal where he isn't even considered.

I wouldn't say he isn't good enough to achieve those things. He needs a run in midfield first. I believe he has the quality absolutely, just needed to be given a chance. I predict him to be a big success.

Still wish we’d have got Bogle. I’m worried about Bellerin getting injured and having Cedric playing long stretches.
I hope so too, but we're not even linked with Bogle at all, and I have no idea what they're doing with RB. It's gonna be a real problem if Bellerin can't stay fit or consistent. I really hope that Dan Oyegoke can step up, I think he's a really big prospect for us at RB but he's just very young and not ready himself.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wolves have a better midfield than us imo, thought if he wanted to play CM he would drop down the table, not move up it...glad he backs himself :lol:

Feel he will end up as a wingback there, which will annoy me.
Wolves wing-back situation is even better than their midfield situation. Doherty is a very reliable performer (although AMN can probably usurp him too in time) and Jonny is one of their best players. Wolves only really have Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker for next season. Gibbs-White is going on loan and I don't know if they're gonna keep him given the stick he's been getting all season (shame because I think Gibbs-White is a top talent himself). I maintain AMN could and should have gotten CM minutes for us so I absolutely back him to get minutes at CM for Wolves.

senna

Wasn't Aidy Ward the agent when Sterling left Liverpool for City? Said soemthign like wouldnt renew at Liverpool for £1m a week or soemthing. Imagine if he has got into AMN head, then probably worth selling him before he gets unhappy at not playing CM & Aidy starts causing issues behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom