• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Aston Villa. 01/03/08 3pm

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
JazzG said:
We also need to make sure RocktheCasbah doesn't start any more matchday threads, he is jinxing us! ;)

LOL.

Yeah, I'm not starting anymore for the rest of the season now, so you lot better be on your toes...

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I've got to vent some frustration on here guys

I got a last minute invite to one of the boxes, it was a great experience but i've got to say for a team that is chasing the premiership our fans were just plain awful. The Emirates is just not an imposing place to go, the atmosphere was flat, even the response to the Villa fans singing the Eduardo song was half hearted. That alone should have been enough to absolutely set the place alight with fury and passion but it didn't. I was watching people leaving their seats in their hordes with ten minutes to go to half time. We had eight minutes left at the end of the match and we missed a chance. There was a whole family next to me that got up and walked out in disgust....EIGHT ****ING MINUTES LEFT!!!!

The team were ****e today and the crowd couldn't lift them. Diaby is a disgrace, I don't care if he's just coming back from an injury he showed absolutely no passion and no bite for any challenges, for someone so big he was useless. Their players were flying (pretty fairly I must say) into challenges with full commitment that they looked like the team trying to win the title not us.

I had a long chat at the stadium today with someone who is very close to team matters. I think we've got big problems inside the camp that we're not all aware about and from what I can gather a lot of it is stemming from the captain and it could hardly be coming at a worse time

James

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
I got a last minute invite to one of the boxes, it was a great experience but i've got to say for a team that is chasing the premiership our fans were just plain awful. The Emirates is just not an imposing place to go, the atmosphere was flat, even the response to the Villa fans singing the Eduardo song was half hearted. That alone should have been enough to absolutely set the place alight with fury and passion but it didn't. I was watching people leaving their seats in their hordes with ten minutes to go to half time. We had eight minutes left at the end of the match and we missed a chance. There was a whole family next to me that got up and walked out in disgust....EIGHT f****g MINUTES LEFT!!!!
Welcome to our home "support".

outlaw_member

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:

I got a last minute invite to one of the boxes, it was a great experience but i've got to say for a team that is chasing the premiership our fans were just plain awful. The Emirates is just not an imposing place to go, the atmosphere was flat, even the response to the Villa fans singing the Eduardo song was half hearted. That alone should have been enough to absolutely set the place alight with fury and passion but it didn't. I was watching people leaving their seats in their hordes with ten minutes to go to half time. We had eight minutes left at the end of the match and we missed a chance. There was a whole family next to me that got up and walked out in disgust....EIGHT f****g MINUTES LEFT!!!!

The team were s***e today and the crowd couldn't lift them. Diaby is a disgrace, I don't care if he's just coming back from an injury he showed absolutely no passion and no bite for any challenges, for someone so big he was useless. Their players were flying (pretty fairly I must say) into challenges with full commitment that they looked like the team trying to win the title not us.

I had a long chat at the stadium today with someone who is very close to team matters. I think we've got big problems inside the camp that we're not all aware about and from what I can gather a lot of it is stemming from the captain and it could hardly be coming at a worse time

Woah, anymore details?

IBL

Established Member
I was quite embarrased seeing fans start leaving around the 75 minute mark, their loss really cause they didnt get to see the equalising goal...there's no feeling like being present at the stadium when scoring a late goal and celebrating with 55000 fellow gooners [minus the prawn brigade and early goers]

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Seriously James it upsets me, because I remember what Highbury used to be like, and i'm talking about before the North Bank was renovated. It was an intimidating place, when we got a corner the crowd could almost suck the ball into the net.

Sometimes you can really feel stadiums even just by watching on TV that it's a intmidating atmosphere, you never get that impression at the Emirates, and I really mean never

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I can't say much more than that Outlaw without giving the game away but I don't think we have an all together happy camp

Anzac

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
I can't say much more than that Outlaw without giving the game away but I don't think we have an all together happy camp

I said it after the Sp**s game that the Ade / Nick spat was a sign - and not suggesting that what you are referring to involves either of those players or that the incident is behind it.

We all know that Gallas is passionate & wants to win trophies. I think that we got a very big clue about things in last week's penalty incident from him, and that his frustrations would not be with his team mates alone (based upon some of his earlier comments in the press prior to getting the Captaincy).

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
I cant understand fans who leave early, especially when were just down by one.

Were Arsenal and because of that no matter how late it is in the game theres always a slight chance that we may score.

Their loss for leaving early though.

Anzac

Established Member
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

True Gooner

Established Member
Exactly, I didnt think fans would leave when we were down, okay I can understand if a few fans really do need to leave early because of personal reasons, but the entire staduim was emptying by the 75th minute, atleast wait for injury time FFS :x

Its pretty clear that most fans come in and expect to be entertained with a few goals, but when the going gets tough, they get going.

Anyway, like you said, its their loss.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Anzac said:
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

Interesting that you say that as a) we weren't that bad- though for a home game as league leaders, we were certainly disappointing and b) Scott Carson topped the BBC Player rater for the match today.

It was draw against a good team three days before a european match in Milan. For me thats no excuse because the premiership should be the priority but it definately has contributed to this draw. This is going to attract loads of bullshit about a mini-crises but it really doesn't need to. The unnatural pressure that comes with being a title-contender is absolutely rediculas. You cannot expect to win every match against teams outside the top four. Its annoying but its going to happen so lets not talk bullshit about problems inside the camp.

goonerwarsh said:

No you dont!

goonerwarsh said:
I got a last minute invite to one of the boxes, it was a great experience but i've got to say for a team that is chasing the premiership our fans were just plain awful.

Oh I bet your box was contributing towards the atmosphere - it probably was actually, contributing to how 'plain awful' it was. Lets not get hypocritical, you cannot moan about the atmosphere when your attending matches in a box. Absolutely no right!

goonerwarsh said:

What rubbish no one on this forum has absolutely any access to inside matters at Arsenal. You or your little mate have made that up to impress one another. One bad result and the club must be having problems of the field.

goonerwarsh said:

Yeh thats obvious because its complete fiction! You shouldn't be making crap up or spreading it if its true because its not exactly helping Arsenal is it?

True Gooner

Established Member
IMO Im pretty happy with the point, we didnt even deserve a point and to win at the death gives us some hope. Its far worse to play well and not get anything out of the game rather than vice versa...

Again, Im not statisfied one bit, but trust me, the gap between a draw and a loss is much greater than a draw and a win.
Had we lost today our moral would drop severly, atleast we have a point to cling on to, and, while Man Utd are favorites, I dont see why we cant push them till the last day!

Anzac

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Anzac said:

Interesting that you say that as a) we weren't that bad- though for a home game as league leaders, we were certainly disappointing and b) Scott Carson topped the BBC Player rater for the match today.

Nah we were shyte...................and can't think that Carson was made to work hard.

Thinking about it some more I'd have given MOTM to who ever was organising their defence - kept it tight throughout all the forced changes in the match re injuries, and their distribution into attack was quality.........my meaning was that our defence & 'keeper were made to work harder than theirs IMO...........

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Ok then we were shyte. Absolute crap and deserved nothing out of the game.

But you know what? I don't care. It was worth the previous 93 minutes of frustration for the explosion of relief at the end.

James

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
Seriously James it upsets me, because I remember what Highbury used to be like, and i'm talking about before the North Bank was renovated. It was an intimidating place, when we got a corner the crowd could almost suck the ball into the net.

Sometimes you can really feel stadiums even just by watching on TV that it's a intmidating atmosphere, you never get that impression at the Emirates, and I really mean never
The majority of us feel the same mate. It's been a slow descent ever since we did the double in '98 i'd say.

EDIT: Slow descent? What am i talking about?

Anzac

Established Member
Must have been like the equaliser v ManU.................agreed a point is vital when playing poorly - just hope we don't continue to delude ourselves about our performances of late & have a good long hard look at some ugly truths - AW included.............

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom