• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton | Sat 10 Dec 2011 | 15:00

Jbruin

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
kalleTheMan said:
Theos pass should have been played in front of Gervinho or to feet for Ramsey, unfortunately it was neither.

Seriously? That was a near perfect square pass. How they managed not to tap it in should be where the criticism lies. Horrendous finishing.
Definitely agree, it was baffling why neither Ramsey or Gervais just slid in, all they had to do was make a half decent contact and it was in. Neither showed enough commitment to get on the end of Theo's pass.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Theo put that chance on a plate for both players, and through indecisiveness they contrived to **** up a golden opportunity. Abysmal ball my arse.

ibby

Established Member
I seem to recall the defender getting a slight nick, I could be wrong though. Either way, Theo had two players he could have slid the ball to, he did neither and passed it inbetween Gervinho and Ramsey. It also wasn't powerful enough allowing the recovering defender to come sliding in and distract both players mid-route.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I'm going to watch it again to pick apart what everyone did wrong.

EDIT: Thought that would be censored :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Right, this is what happened.

Arteta plays a great through ball, Theo makes a great run.

Theo squares it, taking the keeper out of play.

Ramsey slows down when he should have carried on at full tilt. Hibbert slides in a little recklessly, but misses the ball. Gerboue miscontrols it. Perhaps this is understandable given that he was possibly expecting Ramsey or Hibbert to make contact first. Theo should have shot as it was a 1 on 1 situation, but the square pass was also a good option.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Ramsey and Gervinho should've given Theo more options I thought. One of them should've held back his run just briefly and allow the defender to go with the runner expecting the ball to come to him but having the two of them running so close to each other has helped the defender to dive in between and deal with a situation that he shouldn't have because he knew there were no other threat around.

Gervinho almost always cuts back whenever he gets to the byline and knowing Theo might just do that I think he should've held his run!

blaze_of_glory

I think that since the ball was not clearly to either one of Gervinho or Ramsey, neither was sure if they should take it. Ramsey slowed down to maybe let Gervinho run onto it, but perhaps Gervinho expected Ramsey to take it and so wasn't ready for it? That confusion combined with the slide from the defender just messed everything up.

The ball wasn't perfect since it was pretty much between two players, but those two should have sorted it out between them. My guess is none of the three players involved said anything to each other. Theo probably didn't call the name of who he was trying to pass to, and likely neither Ramsey or Gervinho called the other off, both maybe expecting the other to claim it.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
The square pass should have been played in front of Gervinho which is the easier pass to execute because of the angle and the fact Gervinho is quicker then Hibbert and Ramsey. As it turns out the pass is slightly behind Gervinho and slightly too far ahead of Ramsey. Think Theo was a bit unlucky though, he had the right idea in his head and both Ramsey and Gervinho could have scored if they had been just slighty quicker to react.

halfvolley

Couldn't watch this game because of an xmas do, but I've at least managed to catch RVP's strike on the internets.

Holy **** almighty what a volley, I almost came.

cuban

Established Member
yeah...take on more touch and put it past Howard...I also think that while Rambo and especially Gervais made a complete mess of that, Theo's ball certainly didn't help, on the contrary...it should have been much better

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Ramsey is turning into Gerv in front of goal, he just seems to have no composure at the moment. I understand his frustration at being overlooked when getting into scoring positions, but **** me if you finish woefully time after time you're going to start being overlooked as an option.

It's really not that hard to improve ones finshing. I believe Feo watched a bunch of Henry vids to improve his game and, despite the low goal tally so far, he's one of our most clinical players in front of goal. His biggest problem is unselfishness at the moment. Bergkamp stated once that one has a greater chance to score when chipping the keeper, which just shows that allowing instincts to take over and shutting down the brain is a dangerous ploy. Now I'm not saying they should turn into Vela, but a little guile and intelligence goes a long way. I never feel as if they even try to sum up the situation and make a logical decision based on the odds of it being successful, which frustrates me no end.

coopsollini

The quality, with regards to goal scoring of the wide forwards is what is holding us back now. Gervinho is still settling in, so ive no problems with him. Theo however needs to step up to offer the 15goals per year the likes of Pires used to knock in. In a 4-3-3 system he needs to offer more...podolski would offer competition, and another option.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Goalscoring from wide is a problem, so you blame the winger who has more goals and let off the winger who has fewer goals because he's "settling in". How long will this "settling in" period last? Won't Podolski be "settling in" should he arrive? How long will Podolski be allowed to "settle in", considering he's of a similar age?

Honestly, I think people slate Theo for the sake of slating Theo.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
The pass was a bit off but if that's RvP, that's in, simple as that. Anyway, Theo needs to learn to be more selfish and Gervinho needs to stay more calm in the final 3rd, I believe both will work on it and improve.

Jbruin

Established Member
I agree there RUS, Theo, in that situation, should really have been simply tucking it away. Tbh though the ball across to Ramsey and Gervais was more than adequate for them to score.

Floating

Established Member
Theo did the right thing — Ramsey and Gervinho were unmarked and had a better chance of scoring than Theo himself did. His execution was a bit off, so the pass didn't find either player the way it should have, but Ramsey or Gervinho still should've showed some more killer instinct to finish it.

mistaT

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
How long will this "settling in" period last? Won't Podolski be "settling in" should he arrive?

Honestly, I think people slate Theo for the sake of slating Theo.

Yeah I personally feel Gervinho needs to pick it up, his end product in the past 4-5 games has been seriously underwhelming.

Add to this the fact he's off in a month, and all of a sudden he will have a free pass until the ACN to settle in and then another few months to settle/recoup after it.

Bah, figure it out and start converting Gervinho

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom