• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Villarreal | 19/04/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalfury

Oh by the way, let me include more choice quotes from our Singapore pundits. :evil:

Why are Villarreal so difficult to break down?
The answer: Juan Roman Riquelme.

This man is a midfield genius. Arsenal know he is the dangerman but they failed to neutralise him.

The Argentinian is too clever. Instead of imposing themselves on him, Arsenal allowed the playmaker to dictate the tempo.

Even if they could mark him out in open play, there is nothing they can do to stop him during dead-ball situations.

Jens Lehmann had so much trouble dealing with his swerving and dipping free-kicks that he had no choice but to punch them away.

And his inswinging corners were exceptionally deadly. He had already scored twice direct from corners this season and he almost created an equaliser with a wicked delivery towards Juan Pablo Sorin in the 51st minute.

Sorin flicked it on but Kolo Toure arrived in the nick of time to clear the danger.

And in the 36th minute, he produced a wonder pass to release Diego Forlan, which was similar to Ronaldinho's assist for Ludovic Giuly yesterday. That is the vision of a world-class playmaker.

Were they even watching the same game I did? PleasE! Riquleme was in Gilerto's pocket the whole time!

WHAT ARSENAL CAN EXPECT IN THE RETURN LEG

1. Hostile away crowd at the 22,000 capacity El Madrigal stadium, who can influence the referee.
2. Arsenal have reportedly been allocated just 1,800 tickets for their travelling fans.
3. The tactical nous of Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini. Even with a depleted side, he restricted the Gunners to a slim 1-0 win.
4. Plenty of play-acting, especially from Jose Mari, which could make decisions go their way.
5. The poaching skills of Diego Forlan.
6. The tireless energy of Juan Pablo Sorin.
7. Classy, and sometimes cynical, defending from Cesar Arzo, Rodolfo Arruabarrena and
Javi Venta.
8. Alessio Tacchinardi's antics to disrupt play.
9. The Yellow Submarine is unbeaten at home in Europe this season. Rangers (0-0), Man United (0-0) and Benfica (1-1) came closest with draws at the Madrigal.
10. The genius of Juan Roman Riquelme.

WOW! Check out the number 8 thing to worry about! ALESSIO TACCHINARDI! WOW! I mean I didn't even know you needed to worry about a player who is suspended and won't even be playing. A ghost maybe?! Stupid journalists couldn't tell their elbow from a hole in the ground!

A

Anonymous

1. Hostile away crowd at the 22,000 capacity El Madrigal stadium, who can influence the referee.
2. Arsenal have reportedly been allocated just 1,800 tickets for their travelling fans.
3. The tactical nous of Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini. Even with a depleted side, he restricted the Gunners to a slim 1-0 win.
4. Plenty of play-acting, especially from Jose Mari, which could make decisions go their way.
7. Classy, and sometimes cynical, defending from Cesar Arzo, Rodolfo Arruabarrena and
Javi Venta.
9. The Yellow Submarine is unbeaten at home in Europe this season. Rangers (0-0), Man United (0-0) and Benfica (1-1) came closest with draws at the Madrigal.

what aload of rubbish.
people are just trying to dig something out of nothing.its like trying to play football with 2 amputated feet, theres a possibility but theres not much hope.
villareal are out in my eyes , people need to stop diggin and just praise arsenal a little more then critisize

tgr

a little worried about the return leg.
villarreal may just defend and limit the space for arsenal. they just bet on the dead-goal opportunities.

A

Anonymous

theres too much worrying going on about a team we can easily roll over.
were giving them a little abit "too" much respect.

jaguars4ever

Just ignore them. We'll head over to Spain, and bury those diving cheats for the found-out team that they are. That'll shut them up - just like Juve and Real who couldn't score a goal against the mighty Arsenal...not even one. Arsenal to reach the final and face the only team worthy of gracing our presence: Barcelona. End of.

quattro

fatalfury said:
along with the tacchinardi thing this is a pretty dumb thing to include in a list of why villarreal seemingly has the advantage. so they're unbeaten at home in the cl. we are unbeaten period.

also, any kind of draw will see us through.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
fatalfury said:
Oh by the way, let me include more choice quotes from our Singapore pundits. :evil:

Why are Villarreal so difficult to break down?
The answer: Juan Roman Riquelme.

This man is a midfield genius. Arsenal know he is the dangerman but they failed to neutralise him.

The Argentinian is too clever. Instead of imposing themselves on him, Arsenal allowed the playmaker to dictate the tempo.

Even if they could mark him out in open play, there is nothing they can do to stop him during dead-ball situations.

Jens Lehmann had so much trouble dealing with his swerving and dipping free-kicks that he had no choice but to punch them away.

And his inswinging corners were exceptionally deadly. He had already scored twice direct from corners this season and he almost created an equaliser with a wicked delivery towards Juan Pablo Sorin in the 51st minute.

Sorin flicked it on but Kolo Toure arrived in the nick of time to clear the danger.

And in the 36th minute, he produced a wonder pass to release Diego Forlan, which was similar to Ronaldinho's assist for Ludovic Giuly yesterday. That is the vision of a world-class playmaker.

Were they even watching the same game I did? PleasE! Riquleme was in Gilerto's pocket the whole time!

this is why i dont watch sportscenter that much. those singaporean pundits are sometimes just too stupid to say things about football, especially this one guy named sasi kumar.

although we saw gilberto kept riquelme shut down, but i dont think many know that Arsène said he will not ask his player to man-mark riquelme because "it-is-not-our-way" to do so.

he said it in arsenal.com and he went for zonal defence. and that's why apart from riquelme, most of us can see that gilberto actually hunted villareal players from flank to flank.

the battle betweengilberto and riquelme was being too exaggerrated IMO (although i couldnt deny how satisfied i am with looking at riquelme playing like a muppet for almost 75minutes) because from what i saw it's their strikers who got checked really tight (either being marked by our defenders or being allowed to indulge in our good offside traps) and riquelme seemed lost of inspiration to whom to pass the ball to and what else can he opt than to just hoof it upfront only for lehmann to pick the ball up or pass the ball back to the player behind him, arruabarrena (sick little c*nt).

all in all, gilberto was clearly my motm not just because he kept riquelme quiet, but for really working his a$$ off and made the midfield area looked like his own territory.

Biggus

Established Member
quattro said:
fatalfury said:
along with the tacchinardi thing this is a pretty dumb thing to include in a list of why villarreal seemingly has the advantage. so they're unbeaten at home in the cl. we are unbeaten period.

also, any kind of draw will see us through.

Heh heh and #4. Plenty of play-acting to disrupt play.....bring it on... the more time wasting the better :wink: Doesn't he know the basics of European games.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
fatalfury said:

Javi Venta.

those pundits are fairly stupid for all 10 reasons i would say...

1. 22,000 villareal crowds? big deal, we've played at bernabeau (madrid 0 - arsenal 1) and delle alpi (juve 0 - arsenal 0) in that particular order before we played against villareal and we are more than happy with any of those results to re-occur at madrigal.

2. yeah yeah whatever. 1800 against 20, 000 is nothing compared to 2000 vs 60, 000 at bernabeu (am i right?) and 2000 against 35, 000 at delle alpi.

3. depleted side? try a makeshift defense with a CM filling in the left-back slot excellently and made names like camoranesi and beckham looked like muppets, especially the former one. Manuel Pellegrini restricted us from scoring more than one? i thought our boys stopped themselves from giving villareal a real deep sh*t situation by wasting chances.

4. play-acting? good. more red cards to come. you guys sure cant joga-bonito.

5. poaching skills? more like a poached egg to me.

6. tireless but ineffective at times. nothing more than a headless chicken.

7. cynical yes but classy, well perhaps there were some but not more than ours. cesar arzo? the man who got booked on the 3rd minute? give me a break. arruabarena was just lucky to get away without a booking because he clearly fouled hleb by using his right arm onto hleb's knee. what else can you do to stop a mad-man genius from kicking your a$$ off?

8. worry him. for what? for watching the game in his room? ohhh that's so worrying i feel my head is going to explode.

9. unbeaten at home with these results: Rangers (0-0), Man United (0-0) and Benfica (1-1).. we'll be more than happy to take any of those results with us. i guess you didnt know we are bringing a goal at madrigal in our favor right?

10. hmm this is going to be a problem. they have a genius. we only have thierry henry, cesc fabregas, hleb and pires to be considered as genius. i guess we are in trouble :roll:

punk pundits.. their words come from their a$$

stav25

fatalfury said:

Javi Venta.

WHAT VILLARREAL CAN EXPECT IN THE RETURN LEG

1. Hostile home crowd at the 22,000 capacity El Madrigal stadium when the scoreline is still goalless after 70 mins.

2. Arsenal have reportedly been allocated just 1,800 tickets for their travelling fans who will do their club proud and sing their hearts out for the entire game.

3. The special talent of coach Arsène Wenger. Even with a depleted defence, his team have kept a record 9 consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League.

4. Plenty of play-acting from yet another Spaniard, Jose Antonio Reyes. :twisted:

5. The poaching skills of Diego Forlan (Salmon and eggs all round for the home fans at HT).

6. The tireless energy of Fabregas, Eboue, Toure, Flamini, Ljungburg, Hleb...

7. Classy, and record breaking, defending from Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure, Phillipe Senderos and Methieu Flamini.

8. Alessio Tacchinardi's antics to disrupt play (by throwing oranges at Jens Lehmann from the stands).

9. The Gunners are unbeaten at home AND AWAY in Europe this season.

10. The far greater genius of Thierry Henry.

Legend#1

Established Member
bojed said:
fatalfury said:

Javi Venta.

those pundits are fairly stupid for all 10 reasons i would say...

1. 22,000 villareal crowds? big deal, we've played at bernabeau (madrid 0 - arsenal 1) and delle alpi (juve 0 - arsenal 0) in that particular order before we played against villareal and we are more than happy with any of those results to re-occur at madrigal.

2. yeah yeah whatever. 1800 against 20, 000 is nothing compared to 2000 vs 60, 000 at bernabeu (am i right?) and 2000 against 35, 000 at delle alpi.

3. depleted side? try a makeshift defense with a CM filling in the left-back slot excellently and made names like camoranesi and beckham looked like muppets, especially the former one. Manuel Pellegrini restricted us from scoring more than one? i thought our boys stopped themselves from giving villareal a real deep sh*t situation by wasting chances.

4. play-acting? good. more red cards to come. you guys sure cant joga-bonito.

5. poaching skills? more like a poached egg to me.

6. tireless but ineffective at times. nothing more than a headless chicken.

7. cynical yes but classy, well perhaps there were some but not more than ours. cesar arzo? the man who got booked on the 3rd minute? give me a break. arruabarena was just lucky to get away without a booking because he clearly fouled hleb by using his right arm onto hleb's knee. what else can you do to stop a mad-man genius from kicking your a$$ off?

8. worry him. for what? for watching the game in his room? ohhh that's so worrying i feel my head is going to explode.

9. unbeaten at home with these results: Rangers (0-0), Man United (0-0) and Benfica (1-1).. we'll be more than happy to take any of those results with us. i guess you didnt know we are bringing a goal at madrigal in our favor right?

10. hmm this is going to be a problem. they have a genius. we only have thierry henry, cesc fabregas, hleb and pires to be considered as genius. i guess we are in trouble :roll:

punk pundits.. their words come from their a$$

:lol:

AFC no1.

like this? found a background check on the squirrel seems like he is an undercover security guard at our stadium

6856062_scaled_220x255.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom