• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Villarreal | 19/04/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_FAN1983

bojed said:
Reyes(9) said:
Deco prefers Arsenal in the final !! He says that Arsenal are easier than Villareal :shock: :shock: ..Let's Qualify then BRING BARCA ON !! :evil: ..

http://www.fcbarcelonablog.com/fcbarcel ... o_i_prefer

the "mourinho" effect

Thats a good thing! Think about it he is underestimating the power of our mighty Arsenal!

If the whole Barca team think like this we might just score 7 past them in the final. (Hopefully we get there first of course) :lol: :lol:

Barca1899

Deco prefers arsenal in a hypothetic final because villarreal is a team from spanish league and villarreal knows very well barca's football, but of course all barca supporters have much more fear of the arsenal than the villarreal...
:?

cubbz_th14

AFC no1. said:
like this? found a background check on the squirrel seems like he is an undercover security guard at our stadium

6856062_scaled_220x255.jpg

is that osama's squirrel ? :roll: he's a gunner after all !

wer

Legend#1 said:
bojed said:
fatalfury said:
WHAT ARSENAL CAN EXPECT IN THE RETURN LEG

1. Hostile away crowd at the 22,000 capacity El Madrigal stadium, who can influence the referee.
2. Arsenal have reportedly been allocated just 1,800 tickets for their travelling fans.
3. The tactical nous of Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini. Even with a depleted side, he restricted the Gunners to a slim 1-0 win.
4. Plenty of play-acting, especially from Jose Mari, which could make decisions go their way.
5. The poaching skills of Diego Forlan.
6. The tireless energy of Juan Pablo Sorin.
7. Classy, and sometimes cynical, defending from Cesar Arzo, Rodolfo Arruabarrena and
Javi Venta.
8. Alessio Tacchinardi's antics to disrupt play.
9. The Yellow Submarine is unbeaten at home in Europe this season. Rangers (0-0), Man United (0-0) and Benfica (1-1) came closest with draws at the Madrigal.
10. The genius of Juan Roman Riquelme.

those pundits are fairly stupid for all 10 reasons i would say...

1. 22,000 villareal crowds? big deal, we've played at bernabeau (madrid 0 - arsenal 1) and delle alpi (juve 0 - arsenal 0) in that particular order before we played against villareal and we are more than happy with any of those results to re-occur at madrigal.

2. yeah yeah whatever. 1800 against 20, 000 is nothing compared to 2000 vs 60, 000 at bernabeu (am i right?) and 2000 against 35, 000 at delle alpi.

3. depleted side? try a makeshift defense with a CM filling in the left-back slot excellently and made names like camoranesi and beckham looked like muppets, especially the former one. Manuel Pellegrini restricted us from scoring more than one? i thought our boys stopped themselves from giving villareal a real deep sh*t situation by wasting chances.

4. play-acting? good. more red cards to come. you guys sure cant joga-bonito.

5. poaching skills? more like a poached egg to me.

6. tireless but ineffective at times. nothing more than a headless chicken.

7. cynical yes but classy, well perhaps there were some but not more than ours. cesar arzo? the man who got booked on the 3rd minute? give me a break. arruabarena was just lucky to get away without a booking because he clearly fouled hleb by using his right arm onto hleb's knee. what else can you do to stop a mad-man genius from kicking your a$$ off?

8. worry him. for what? for watching the game in his room? ohhh that's so worrying i feel my head is going to explode.

9. unbeaten at home with these results: Rangers (0-0), Man United (0-0) and Benfica (1-1).. we'll be more than happy to take any of those results with us. i guess you didnt know we are bringing a goal at madrigal in our favor right?

10. hmm this is going to be a problem. they have a genius. we only have thierry henry, cesc fabregas, hleb and pires to be considered as genius. i guess we are in trouble :roll:

punk pundits.. their words come from their a$$

:lol:

They are doing this to please the Scums, Chavs, Scousers fans that read their papers. Anything to get papers sales.

And/or

They had a Scums, Chavs, Scousers boss.

:lol:

Legend#1

Established Member
21/04/2006 11:35

Deco: I Want To Face Arsenal

Barcelona midfielder Deco says he hopes his side face Arsenal in the Champions League final.

The Catalans hold a 1-0 lead over Milan after the first-leg of their semi-final, while Arsenal beat Villarreal by the same score at Highbury.

"I sincerely think that Villarreal are a tougher team than Arsenal and for this reason I say that I prefer to play the final, if we get there, against Arsenal. Because I believe that it would be easier," he said.

Deco will return from suspension to face Milan in Wednesday’s second-leg.

Diving, overrated little ****.

gun4glory

Biggus said:
Yes....but he's just playing devils advocate you see.....
Forums would get very boring very quickly if all we talked about was

Arsenal are great-
Chel$ki are criminals-
Tottenham are ****-
Fungie is a senile old drunk-

Everyone knows these things so we're just talking about something else. :wink:
But why deny the truth though! :lol:

fatalfury

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/sto ... 41,00.html?
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/sto ... 40,00.html?

Before the match, the young Spaniard already had his sails trimmed by a niggling foot injury. But once the match got going, his confidence must have been depth-charged by Riquelme's superlative distribution and dead-ball ability.

Case in point - the 36th-minute heat-seeker that picked out Diego Forlan perfectly. Almost an exact carbon copy of Ronaldinho's wonderful assist for Ludovic Giuly just 24 hours earlier.

Throw in Riquelme's dazzling ability to create something out of nothing from free-kicks and corners and no wonder Arsène Wenger must be worried.

Included some more choice articles from our favourite Singapore newpapers here. See how they make fun of poor Cesc? Give the kid a break man, he just came back from injury and their sudden love of Riquelme is embarassin.

WHOA! he had created ONE chance for Diego Forlan that I barely remembered. The chance by Senna was a lot closer if you ask me. We could have had 3 goals if not for the linesman. they hardly make any note of that at all!

mariaines

Legend#1 said:
21/04/2006 11:35

Deco: I Want To Face Arsenal

Barcelona midfielder Deco says he hopes his side face Arsenal in the Champions League final.

The Catalans hold a 1-0 lead over Milan after the first-leg of their semi-final, while Arsenal beat Villarreal by the same score at Highbury.

"I sincerely think that Villarreal are a tougher team than Arsenal and for this reason I say that I prefer to play the final, if we get there, against Arsenal. Because I believe that it would be easier," he said.

Deco will return from suspension to face Milan in Wednesday’s second-leg.

Diving, overrated little s**t.

who tranlated that stuff? i mean, does he/she knows any spanish at all? first, he said villarreal will be more complicated for us because they know us too much. He never said Arsenal was easier.
You should check the original source and translate it by yourself (www.freetranslation.com is pretty good) before calling that genious that way.

mariaines

fatalfury said:
Before the match, the young Spaniard already had his sails trimmed by a niggling foot injury. But once the match got going, his confidence must have been depth-charged by Riquelme's superlative distribution and dead-ball ability.
Case in point - the 36th-minute heat-seeker that picked out Diego Forlan perfectly. Almost an exact carbon copy of Ronaldinho's wonderful assist for Ludovic Giuly just 24 hours earlier.
Throw in Riquelme's dazzling ability to create something out of nothing from free-kicks and corners and no wonder Arsène Wenger must be worried.

i can't believe this guy.. i saw both passes and they have absolutelly nothing in common..
what the hell is wrong with those people?? in barcelona they used to praise riquelme for the most ordinary pass and when he had to respond an make a sacrifice for the team he faked an injury (happened a long time ago and i still remember it as it was yesterday). And it's the same in villarreal. How can they not see that his slow game (and by extension, the rest of the team) is what will keep villarreal out of the final?
i just don't get it :roll:

mariaines

Barca1899 said:
Deco prefers arsenal in a hypothetic final because villarreal is a team from spanish league and villarreal knows very well barca's football, but of course all barca supporters have much more fear of the arsenal than the villarreal...
:?
that's true, but remember the chel$ea tie? everyone (but ME) wanted to play them to get our revenge despite there were lots of easier sides to play. Here it's the same.. would it be better to play (and win :twisted: ) a final in Stade Denis in Paris with an amazing team like Arsenal?? ... or play with a team we face every year at least 2 times??

Barca1899

yes, a final Barcelona/Milan vs Arsenal is amazing, instead a final Barcelona/Milan vs Villarreal would be really boring i think because Villarreal would play certanly very defensively, but is only an opinion :)

universialemcee

What would happen if villareal beats us 1-0 in 90 minutes, but at OT we score and they score one and it becomes 2-1. Would away goals count and we advance?

Parkour

universialemcee said:
What would happen if villareal beats us 1-0 in 90 minutes, but at OT we score and they score one and it becomes 2-1. Would away goals count and we advance?

I'm pretty sure would win on away goals.

calisto

I see us playing well in the return leg, we just have to be disciplined. I see Reyes coming back as a plus bcos he seems to play well on Spanish soil. We should just stay composed and try and nick an away goal or more.... Come on Gooners!!! One thing, Arsenal fans can't sing, we need some singing lessons.

hertyid

calisto said:
I see us playing well in the return leg, we just have to be disciplined. I see Reyes coming back as a plus bcos he seems to play well on Spanish soil. We should just stay composed and try and nick an away goal or more.... Come on Gooners!!! One thing, Arsenal fans can't sing, we need some singing lessons.

Thou speakest the truth....

jester

Established Member
hertyid said:
calisto said:

Thou speakest the truth....

:roll:
everytime i've been to highbury we sing all the time. at least we'd had something to sing about.
typical part-time fans, here things like 'highbury = library' and remember it because it rhymes. if you actually watched a game you'd here us singing, sure not as loud as some fans alla liverpool, but we do sing. you could here us in the bernabeau (sp) with a tiny fraction of the supporters and you could here vieira mocking chants in turin. if you'd watched the villareal game you'd also have heard singing, even about the damn squirral

get a clue.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jester what you say is true, but did you have to give him the rolling eyes treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom