• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Last 16 - Arsenal v Barcelona - 14/12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKieng

Well if Celta can keep them at 1-1 for 58 minutes at Camp Nou, I don't see why we can't do better than that. Let's hope we can win at home then park the bus in Camp Nou or whatever.

USArsenalFan716

I am not sure why you are trying to draw parallels with two completely different situations in footballing terms. One was a set piece and the other was ball in regular play. Even if you disagree on the quality of defending, surely you can see that both situations are incomparable.

I said I'm not a regular watcher of the league, it doesn't mean I don't follow. It's a league I've followed sparingly for over a decade and a half when it was actually an exciting league and the small teams were not scared of competing. I'm talking about the original Denilson and Ronaldo eras and I vividly remember the rembrandt Denilson posters we had in England around the 1998 World Cup. You'd be hard pressed to find many people to support your view that defending is a lot better in Spain than in England. Most La Liga defenders who have made the transition to England have found it tough and needed a lot of time to acclimatise. Historically the best and most expensive defenders have come from the PL or Italy and La Liga has always been behind these two. Pique couldn't get a game at United and Real had to resort to Jonathan Woodgate. Also think of where Nacho Monreal was when we signed him to where he is now. Go on and compare the quality of keepers in the respective leagues and the point is magically clear.
Let me ask -?Who in Barca's back 5 would get into ours?

I'd take Pique over Per/Gabriel and Alves over Bellerin.....Kos, Monreal, and Cech would still start for me over any of theirs.

Mastadon

Established Member
Agree 100% with this, don't get what all this respect towards them is about (not talking specifically from this forum, but just in general). I don't care how well they play, so many cheats have played at that club, past and present, hated them since the 06 final, hated them even more when they bought Henry from us. F*** em!! Hope Sanchez scores the goal to knock them out and celebrates in their faces.

Because they are a bloody amazing football team full of players who would walk into any team in the world and that's worthy of respect. Cheating diving ****s are everywhere these guys actually play some of the best football you will ever see.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Was watching the 2011 full game today. Goosebumps. That team wasn't maybe the strongest or the most cohesive, but man were we robbed later on in the second leg or what? Such a shame.

Don't care about the best trio in history, don't care about the reputation, don't care about tactics, about ****ty mentality how they will wipe the floor with us. Everyone is beatable and we have to make them struggle.

This month is the month when the team realizes it's capabilities. They are all coming back, things are falling into place. It started on Sunday, will continue against Barca, and when we destroy Utd at Trafford the world will be aware.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am not sure why you are trying to draw parallels with two completely different situations in footballing terms. One was a set piece and the other was ball in regular play. Even if you disagree on the quality of defending, surely you can see that both situations are incomparable.

I said I'm not a regular watcher of the league, it doesn't mean I don't follow. It's a league I've followed sparingly for over a decade and a half when it was actually an exciting league and the small teams were not scared of competing. I'm talking about the original Denilson and Ronaldo eras and I vividly remember the rembrandt Denilson posters we had in England around the 1998 World Cup. You'd be hard pressed to find many people to support your view that defending is a lot better in Spain than in England. Most La Liga defenders who have made the transition to England have found it tough and needed a lot of time to acclimatise. Historically the best and most expensive defenders have come from the PL or Italy and La Liga has always been behind these two. Pique couldn't get a game at United and Real had to resort to Jonathan Woodgate. Also think of where Nacho Monreal was when we signed him to where he is now. Go on and compare the quality of keepers in the respective leagues and the point is magically clear.
Let me ask -?Who in Barca's back 5 would get into ours?
Seriously?

Pique couldn't get into United's side because he was a young lad who had one of the best CB pairings in PL history ahead of him.

Alba, Alves and Pique would stroll into our defence let's take the red tinted specs off. There's not even much of a difference between Mashcerano and Kos. And the former is also a World class defensive midfielder.

General

Established Member
Seriously?

Pique couldn't get into United's side because he was a young lad who had one of the best CB pairings in PL history ahead of him.

Alba, Alves and Pique would stroll into our defence let's take the red tinted specs off. There's not even much of a difference between Mashcerano and Kos. And the former is also a World class defensive midfielder.

The point was about the quality ahead of him at United and in the PL. His age didn't stop him joining Barca and holding down a starting spot, but no doubt some will invoke the boyhood club argument.
I'll leave the debate on preferences to somebody else.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
314BCB8200000578-3450206-image-a-1_1455663879036.jpg

kopzilla

Always Negative
I fear this might be the match which may make Özil rethink his position at the club...players of his calibre want to win everything....hopefully we atleast win the title this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The point was about the quality ahead of him at United and in the PL. His age didn't stop him joining Barca and holding down a starting spot, but no doubt some will invoke the boyhood club argument.
I'll leave the debate on preferences to somebody else.
Vidic and Rio at their prime are better than Pique. It doesn't make him a bad defender is what I'm saying.

No shame in not being able to force your way into the United line up as a CB when those two were around.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Pique is good,but not a world class.Just beacuse he plays for Barca,doesen't mean that he is a world class CB.He is actually very good in this system that Barca plays.And also Barca doesen't need to defend so well for a long periods of the game and that makes him even better.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've rated every player so I've saved you all the time. Can stop arguing now, the T-Rex has spoken.

Cech > Bravo/Ter Stegen
Monreal < Alba
Koscielny > Pique
Mertesacker < Mascherano
Bellerin < Alves
Flamini > Busquets/everyone
Ramsey < Rakitic
Özil > Iniesta
Alexis < Neymar
Giroud < Suarez
Welbeck > Messi

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I fear this might be the match which may make Özil rethink his position at the club...players of his calibre want to win everything....hopefully we atleast win the title this season.

You're a cheerful bark. I always say it before these type of matches/ties. Let's wait until we've actually lost first. You never know what might happen. Sending offs (Mascherano), they play **** and we play brilliantly etc.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Pique is a bit like Kompany, big rep for nothing. Good on the ball, capable of dreadful brainfarts. He's nothing like world class.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You're a cheerful bark. I always say it before these type of matches/ties. Let's wait until we've actually lost first. You never know what might happen. Sending offs (Mascherano), they play **** and we play brilliantly etc.

Ha as if there's a ref in Europe who will have the stones for that. Watch as Coq/ Ramsey or Kos gets a very dodgy red 20 minutes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom