• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal/AFC vs RM | 21/02/06 & 08/03/06

hujja

Established Member
That Baptista thread could've been longer if that bastard **** didn't dump us for Madrid.

Damn Tegh, you're loaded!!! :p

Fancy giving me a cut of the earnings once we've torn them a new arsehole?

Bossinho

don t worry for cassano he will ****ed up the hole galacticos team, because his attitude is really ****ed, so they will have problems all the way like roma had. 3-1 on agg. for ARSENAL :clap

Tegh

Established Member
We should have bought him just so that he'd be unable to play against us!

Just kidding.

sray2

I can't believe people actually think we're going to win in our current state. I could see us pulling a draw at Highbury, but getting decimated at the Bernabaeu (sp?). These are two sides whose only hope of major silverware is the CL, and you can bet that the Galacticos will be aware of this.

Zidane and co are going to have a field day with our midfield if Wenger doesn't strengthen it during the transfer window. RM are beatable by a team which is tactically astute and well organized, and we're neither of those. And I know RM's defence is crap, but our attack is crap too these days. Nobody would challenge in their box and RM have problems with teams that play in the box (target men, crosses, etc.)

Viper

Established Member
If Real Madrid cannot be a 10-men side then what chances do they have against us? :p

Our attack of Henry, Van Persie and Reyes, (and you could possibly add Hleb, Fabregas and Cole to that list), is crap?

Its just our injuries...

kamikaze80

Established Member
theyre gonna be better with cassano and cicinho reinforcing them in january.

its a little ridiculous, some of the names that the big clubs are linked to, and eventually sign.

Viper

Established Member
Cicinho is good, but defensively he isn't that good...

A waste of money tbh - they've already got 3 RBs D:

They do have a lot of players who lack pace, such as Helguera, Gravesen, Beckham, Zidane.

Baptista and Raul don't look too fast either. Cicinho, Robinho, and Cassano are pretty quick though.

invisibleman18

Established Member
The most optimistic thing I can say about this tie is that I see both legs going the way of the home side, much like our tie with Bayern last season.
So as has been said earlier in this thread, the key is keeping it close in the away leg in Madrid, perhaps even stealing an away goal. If we can take it to Highbury with only 1 goal in it then we have every chance of going through.
But if something similar to what happened at Bayern last season happens, then there's no way Real are blowing a 2 or 3 goal lead.

f4evo

i still feel sick when i remember watchin that bayern home leg and also the abuse i got from my friends the next day, but i think this recent "crisis" has helped us defensively and so the mistakes will not be repeated

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
senderos saved us in the 2nd leg against bayern with his superb man-marking skill... i still remember pizarro put on a sissy face everytime big phil was next to him haha (i hope phil will become our great wall of arsenal) but it was over by then for us *sigh*

cicinho is somewhat like eboue, except better but if any of you guys have EYES, this guy's defensive record is so like sh*t. he's fast alright and with an unimaginable amount of stamina, he seems like the most suitable person for a wingback. but most of the time, even in the recent confederation cup, it was his side that was exposed the most. this guy is just so overhyped to move forwards that perhaps makes him forget that he's a defender as well. but there's a problem though, this guy's crossing is like near to perfection. i just can't imagine beckham and him playing on the same side. that would be sick. i hope reyes and cole will rape both of them. especially beckham. he cried once this season in la liga because of a knock on his leg. i mean crying with a whining face haha it was kind of funny though it must've hurt him a lot i guess.

by the way i'm really looking forward for this game, be it either we win or not. i don't care. it's not my fault. i'm a gooner.

p/s - just bought an arsenal cap, two mini arsenal shirts that hang on the car's mirror using suction cups and an arsenal windshield car sticker due to the hype of arsenal vs madrid next month :lol:

f4evo

imagine how it would feel if u were cesc walking out of the tunnel in front of all the real fans, would be a truly amazing experience indeed

mariaines

he won't be very welcomed, considering he's catalan.. anyway he will crush them :) they can't even beat racing santander.. i beat cygan will score :D i'd love to see that.. but i'd love more to see cesc scoring :D

choi12911

mariaines said:
he won't be very welcomed, considering he's catalan.. anyway he will crush them :) they can't even beat racing santander.. i beat cygan will score :D i'd love to see that.. but i'd love more to see cesc scoring :D

I want a goal from Woodgate. Only seconds later from scoring, he finds out that it was the back of his own team's net. :)

And the total silence for..30 seconds...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
mariaines said:

i also want cygan to score, pushing the ball into the net using his a$$. that way all real madrid's players and their fans will feel torn and crushed and they would leave the stadium as soon as cygan does that.

amen~

Canuck

Established Member
Madrid were held 0-0 by Villarreal this weekend and Ronaldo is out for 3 weeks with a thigh strain.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom