• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Rosenborg vs Arsenal | 29/09/04

invisibleman18

Established Member
why cant we play the same in europe as the premier league. wats the difference? surelyt rosenborg are not better than everton and other teams we have beaten easily in the premiership.
i agree, i can't see us winning the CL in the near future cos we just can't seem to play any good in it. quarter finals is as far as we will get this season again. hopefully im wrong.

invisibleman18

Established Member
why cant we play the same in europe as the premier league. wats the difference? surelyt rosenborg are not better than everton and other teams we have beaten easily in the premiership.
i agree, i can't see us winning the CL in the near future cos we just can't seem to play any good in it. quarter finals is as far as we will get this season again. hopefully im wrong.
man u play a team like rosenborg (not title contenders, should be easy beats) every season, eg, the team they have just beaten. and every season they thrash them. im sure if they played rosenborg theyd have won 4-0 at least.

come on people, we won 4-0 against PSV last year but we still didn't win the cup, this is dissapointing but also could be a good lesson for AW and the others to play better next game
maybe AW will start to play Van Persie and Cesc to see what they can do :?

JazzG

Established Member
Oh dear, you would of think we had just lost 3-0 in Norway or something!

If our players lose the ability to pass is that Wenger's fault? If they chose to shoot when they should pass, or pass when they should shoot is that Wenger's fault? If they dwell on the ball too long is that Wenger's fault? NO IT ISN'T! There wasn't anything wrong with our tactics, just our players didn't apply themselves fully and it cost us. There is a difference between bad tactics and our players letting themselves down. I don't think we had our tactics wrong, even Wenger has come out and said we were over cautious. I somehow doubt he told them to be over cautious at the start of the match if he has come out with these comments.

Some here need to get a grip, just because we haven't done well in Europe it doesn't mean he can't hack it there. Look at the teams who have done well in Europe and most have done it with a lot of big spending and it took Man utd many years to crack it and when they did boy did they have luck on their side, they drew more games than they won the year they won it. Wenger's mistake today was he should of had faith in young Fabregas instead of Edu who just didn't look match fit.

champions04

I still don't understand why Pires was firstly playing upfront then in the center of midfield. I know that Reyes played on the left for Seville but he actually looks lost there now. Ashley had to cover for him because half the time, he just watched the ball pass him. I don't think I've seen Reyes play so bad since he joined us. Sol Campbell doesn't seem to be 100% fit and he did play a part in Rosenberg's goal. Edu's mind is on vacation in brazil. Lehmann was solid, I'm still not convinced 100% about Lauren, Vieira was ok, Freddie easily gets my MOTM and Henry was great in the first half but was quiet in the second. Definately missed Bergkamp, but he's not firing on all cylinders either..... Maybe we are going through a bad spell!

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
Oh dear, you would of think we had just lost 3-0 in Norway or something!

If our players lose the ability to pass is that Wenger's fault? If they chose to shoot when they should pass, or pass when they should shoot is that Wenger's fault? If they dwell on the ball too long is that Wenger's fault? NO IT ISN'T! There wasn't anything wrong with our tactics, just our players didn't apply themselves fully and it cost us. There is a difference between bad tactics and our players letting themselves down. I don't think we had our tactics wrong, even Wenger has come out and said we were over cautious. I somehow doubt he told them to be over cautious at the start of the match if he has come out with these comments.

Some here need to get a grip, just because we haven't done well in Europe it doesn't mean he can't hack it there. Look at the teams who have done well in Europe and most have done it with a lot of big spending and it took Man utd many years to crack it and when they did boy did they have luck on their side, they drew more games than they won the year they won it. Wenger's mistake today was he should of had faith in young Fabregas instead of Edu who just didn't look match fit.

And why didnt our player apply themselves properly? Whos fault is that?

And why have they got an over cautious attitude? Whos fault is that?

They are a **** team who we should be beating, butwe were **** aswell tonight. Henry went missing agian, Pires was very poor.

We need a good kick up the arse and soon. Wenger wont do it, so i guess its up to another team to finally beat us and let our players realise that they have to show some effort in games.

invisibleman18

Established Member
yeah 1 point is not a disaster, as long as we take at leasta point from the next away game. i just dont understand why we cant play as good in CL as we can in the EPL. why after we score 1 can we not still look for a second as we would in a premier league game? we are not a team who has players that would be most comfortable with trying to hold on and grind out a 1-0 win. our players are most comfortable when looking for a goal. sure we managed to hold on against PSV, and true I didnt get to see the game but from what ive read, PSV didn't exactly look for a goal themsleves. im disappointed with not winning this game but also im happy with 4 points from 2 games. id just like to see us play our normal way in a CL game. Look at Man U, if anything they play better when its the CL and even chelski managed 3 goals- a game of 2 mourinho teams , i would have put anything on it being a 1-0.

JazzG

Established Member
thierrys_girl said:
do you guys still want a MOTM poll?

Going by some here maybe you should start a worse player poll instead :p

champions04 said:
Maybe we are going through a bad spell!

Many of our fans have a tendency to overreact when things aren't going great with us. Things won't be all great and lovely the whole season. Every team goes through poor patches and right now we are. I remember last January the people here saying the title was lost because were 2 points behind of Man utd :roll:

Players will go through bad patches, think they should be pulled out when that happens. Like Reyes, he was sensational at the start of the season but now he is finding things tough. Credit where credit is due though he doesn't stop trying, unlike other players who let their head drop. Think our players should realise how young he is and try and encourage him.

Sol said:

They are a s**t team who we should be beating, butwe were s**t aswell tonight. Henry went missing agian, Pires was very poor.

We need a good kick up the arse and soon. Wenger wont do it, so i guess its up to another team to finally beat us and let our players realise that they have to show some effort in games.

It isn't Wenger's fault Edu kept losing the ball? I don't know why they are over cautious. I somehow doubt he told them not to attack and then comes out and wonders why we didn't. There is something wrong with our players in Europe, why do they pass so crisply in the PL but in the CL our players don't believe in themselves. There is only so much a manager can do before a match, the rest is upto the players. They just freeze in Europe and put themselves under so much pressure they can fall short and panic. I don't know why it keeps happening and I am as frustrated as anyone about it.

Maybe I've lost the plot or something but last time I checked we have played 9 games, won 7 and drawn 2. You won't perform great in all the matches but that record is ok if you ask me, is someone had offered you that after 9 games would you have not taken it?

dynasty

i thought we created good chances...passed alright...except pires and edu was not at there best..reyes was on and off...either really good or really bad... henry and ljungberg were good...

i give credit to rosenborg...they played like they had so much energy...they were really up for it...

we drew..so what...
my problem is with reyes..am i the only who thinks hes getting greedy when he sees goal?? maybe he has more of the finishing instincts than most of our players but...

btw just a q...does sol campbell have a song??

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
thierrys_girl said:
do you guys still want a MOTM poll?

Going by some here maybe you should start a worse player poll instead :p

champions04 said:
Maybe we are going through a bad spell!

Many of our fans have a tendency to overreact when things aren't going great with us. Things won't be all great and lovely the whole season. Every team goes through poor patches and right now we are. I remember last January the people here saying the title was lost because were 2 points behind of Man utd :roll:

Players will go through bad patches, think they should be pulled out when that happens. Like Reyes, he was sensational at the start of the season but now he is finding things tough. Credit where credit is due though he doesn't stop trying, unlike other players who let their head drop. Think our players should realise how young he is and try and encourage him.

Sol said:

They are a s**t team who we should be beating, butwe were s**t aswell tonight. Henry went missing agian, Pires was very poor.

It isn't Wenger's fault Edu kept losing the ball? I don't know why they are over cautious. I somehow doubt he told them not to attack and then comes out and wonders why we didn't. There is something wrong with our players in Europe, why do they pass so crisply in the PL but in the CL our players don't believe in themselves. There is only so much a manager can do before a match, the rest is upto the players. They just freeze in Europe and put themselves under so much pressure they can fall short and panic. I don't know why it keeps happening and I am as frustrated as anyone about it.

Maybe I've lost the plot or something but last time I checked we have played 9 games, won 7 and drawn 2. You won't perform great in all the matches but that record is ok if you ask me, is someone had offered you that after 9 games would you have not taken it?

Yeah yeah, but thats not the point.

We were ****, have been for the last three games, we are there for the taking. A big improvement is needed from everyone (apart from the defense).

I cant really think straight now, startinf to feel very drunk so whatever!

Im more pissed off at not going back to the blonde birds house after the pub and coming home to find my bird asleep.

Guess I should go to bed aswell and expect a ***** of a hangover tomorroe.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
C'mon now, don't take it personally, we know Sol ain't hapy if he ain't moaning.

Anyway, Ifor what it's worth, I agree Jazz. Managers can only select the players and choose the tactics. It is down to the players, especially this set of players, to be able to implement said tactics on the pitch.

My only criticism of Wenger is his loyalty to players who are not performing, when there are better options available. Yes, that means Edu and Fabregas.

I'm off to bed, need sleep. Night all, sleep well. Don't have nightmares.

Gooner83

I think Wenger has a mental problem to sort out in the Champions League.

Some players are up for it, Vieira, Henry, Freddie... but the rest of them need a good talkin to.

Reyes was awful, but how many CL games has he had... the rest should feel even worse the likes of Edu 'what a lackadaisical so and so' and talk about negative play... Edu and Pires where back passing when they where over the halfway line, this lead to their Goal.

I doubt Pires was fully fit, why was he risked anyway when we had players like Pennant, Van Persie and Cesc.

I beleive if Cesc had played for Edu we would have won this game tonight.

Its just so frustrating we do it week in week out... we are the best in the world but we can not prove it so until we do we deserve our doubters.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
dynasty said:
i thought we created good chances...passed alright...except pires and edu was not at there best..reyes was on and off...either really good or really bad... henry and ljungberg were good...

i give credit to rosenborg...they played like they had so much energy...they were really up for it...

we drew..so what...
my problem is with reyes..am i the only who thinks hes getting greedy when he sees goal?? maybe he has more of the finishing instincts than most of our players but...

btw just a q...does sol campbell have a song??

Yes he does, " der der der Sol's a gooner" (pigbag tune)

At least Reyes was trying to score, if one of those shots had gone he'd have been a hero. Ljungberg and Vieira both passed when they should have shot. That is just as bad IMHO.

Goodnight!

invisibleman18

Established Member
Well said JazzG. I think its a mental thing. the players have to get over this barrier and think of a CL game as just another game- no different. Once they believe its just a normal game and the opposition is no different to a premier league team, then they will play as normal. but hey, if a "bad patch" is a couple of draws and a couple of tight 1-0 wins, then id be happy with that. i agree about Reyes, you cant be amazing all the time. he was great in the first month of the season but true he is only a young guy, and hasnt had a full season in england yet. maybe he needs a bit of a rest now, maybe a couple of games not starting. might be time to give van persie his chance but id also like to see pennant given a start. pires is looking a bit off form aswell, maybe time for a couple of games rest aswell. minor squad rotations are good. perhaps fabregas should get another start.

n_henry

Just heard about our lacklustre draw... Oh well, top of the group, and haven't really hit our peak in Europe yet (what else is new?)...

Things aren't looking too bad (lucky our group is probably the easiest), but we really do need to get A LOT better if we're going to do better this year.

Gooner83

Maybe we should all just go away and pray that shevchenko and kaka, fall out of the sky and land on Highbury. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom