• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Rosenborg vs Arsenal | 29/09/04

beanz

I thought the team had caught a sloppy passing bug, which even infected Van Persie when he came on. While we were'nt up to our usual standard, Rosenberg were up for everything, chasing and man marking with verve for the whole 90 minutes, credit to them, they gave us a hard time and their goal was a cracker even though it was their only real shot on goal. I hope we learn our lessons for the return leg.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Actually the scorer, Strand had a shot from an identical postion blocked by Ashley beanz.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i fully expected this kind of game; arsenal expected to win and undereestimated rbk. ergo, they didn't even try to play football. this is probably one of my most embarassing moments as a gooner. arsenal SUCKED!!! they thought they'd win easily; which is really unbeliaveble. I'm so ****ing pissed right now; AAAAAH!!!!

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
Yeah yeah, but thats not the point.

We were s**t, have been for the last three games, we are there for the taking. A big improvement is needed from everyone (apart from the defense).

I cant really think straight now, startinf to feel very drunk so whatever!

Im more pissed off at not going back to the blonde birds house after the pub and coming home to find my bird asleep.

Guess I should go to bed aswell and expect a ***** of a hangover tomorroe.

It happens sometimes, sometimes you will go through bad patches. Come on mate you have watched football long enough to know that. Just be pleased our defense has held out because I feared it wouldn't after the way we were leaking goals. Campbell's influence on our defense is so great, others have picked their game up since he came back. We do need to improve but I think with our CM pair totally changing they need a few games to settle and Vieira imo had a very good game so he is looking good. Have concerns over Edu, hope Wenger drops him. Reyes needs a rest I think, he had a fantastic start but think he might be a little tired physically and mentally hence his poor decision making.

As for your either dilemma, I think that is the alcohol talking there ;)

A

Anonymous

Sol said:
JazzG said:
Oh dear, you would of think we had just lost 3-0 in Norway or something!

If our players lose the ability to pass is that Wenger's fault? If they chose to shoot when they should pass, or pass when they should shoot is that Wenger's fault? If they dwell on the ball too long is that Wenger's fault? NO IT ISN'T! There wasn't anything wrong with our tactics, just our players didn't apply themselves fully and it cost us. There is a difference between bad tactics and our players letting themselves down. I don't think we had our tactics wrong, even Wenger has come out and said we were over cautious. I somehow doubt he told them to be over cautious at the start of the match if he has come out with these comments.

Some here need to get a grip, just because we haven't done well in Europe it doesn't mean he can't hack it there. Look at the teams who have done well in Europe and most have done it with a lot of big spending and it took Man utd many years to crack it and when they did boy did they have luck on their side, they drew more games than they won the year they won it. Wenger's mistake today was he should of had faith in young Fabregas instead of Edu who just didn't look match fit.

And why didnt our player apply themselves properly? Whos fault is that?

And why have they got an over cautious attitude? Whos fault is that?

They are a s**t team who we should be beating, butwe were s**t aswell tonight. Henry went missing agian, Pires was very poor.

We need a good kick up the arse and soon. Wenger wont do it, so i guess its up to another team to finally beat us and let our players realise that they have to show some effort in games.

yes, unfortualtly its seems to be united .

kel varnsen

Established Member
JazzG said:
Sol said:

We were s**t, have been for the last three games, we are there for the taking. A big improvement is needed from everyone (apart from the defense).

Im more pissed off at not going back to the blonde birds house after the pub and coming home to find my bird asleep.

It happens sometimes, sometimes you will go through bad patches. Come on mate you have watched football long enough to know that. Just be pleased our defense has held out because I feared it wouldn't after the way we were leaking goals. Campbell's influence on our defense is so great, others have picked their game up since he came back. We do need to improve but I think with our CM pair totally changing they need a few games to settle and Vieira imo had a very good game so he is looking good. Have concerns over Edu, hope Wenger drops him. Reyes needs a rest I think, he had a fantastic start but think he might be a little tired physically and mentally hence his poor decision making.

i'm not saying we're better off with cesc, but just look at the teams's performances after vieira has come back into the team. we're playing mediocre football; it's not flowing. i don't know if this is due to the fact that vieira has replaced cesc; but i do know that vieira has been absolutely crap so far.

i'm beginning to wonder if we'd been better off selling vieira this summer; i hope he proves me wrong...

kel varnsen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
JazzG said:
Sol said:

i'm not saying we're better off with cesc, but just look at the teams's performances after vieira has come back into the team. we're playing mediocre football; it's not flowing. i don't know if this is due to the fact that vieira has replaced cesc; but i do know that vieira has been absolutely crap so far.

i'm beginning to wonder if we'd been better off selling vieira this summer; i hope he proves me wrong...

btw, campbell was once again disappointing. he needs match practice; i think cygan is a better option right now...

patrick42uk

Established Member
vieira was fantastic today. he did everything that i expect of him in europe, that is to be a bully in the middle of the park. it was pires and edu that let us down. with the possesion we had, i'd have expected them to create a bit more. henry sulked in periods but still looked our most creative player. thats worrying. they should be creating for him. although edu improved late on. he did a fantastic sequence of dribbles that led to a pass to henry who spun beautifully. one moment of magic from him is too little though.

whats up with reyes? since psv, he's got worse. he's young and inconsistency should be expected, but wont be surprised to see him dropped. his selfishness seems to be annoying a few more players than i thought. shooting from tight angles is just not on, especially if you play in this arsenal team where selflessness and fighting for yout teammates are its main charasteristics. although i think glen hoddle made a decent point in suggesting we were sometimes being too intricate in the box. thats what cost us a win today probably. failure to find a middle point between intricacy and selfishness.

kel varnsen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
vieira was fantastic today. he did everything that i expect of him in europe, that is to be a bully in the middle of the park. it was pires and edu that let us down. with the possesion we had, i'd have expected them to create a bit more. henry sulked in periods but still looked our most creative player. thats worrying. they should be creating for him. although edu improved late on. he did a fantastic sequence of dribbles that led to a pass to henry who spun beautifully. one moment of magic from him is too little though.

whats up with reyes? since psv, he's got worse. he's young and inconsistency should be expected, but wont be surprised to see him dropped. his selfishness seems to be annoying a few more players than i thought. shooting from tight angles is just not on, especially if you play in this arsenal team where selflessness and fighting for yout teammates are its main charasteristics. although i think glen hoddle made a decent point in suggesting we were sometimes being too intricate in the box. thats what cost us a win today probably. failure to find a middle point between intricacy and selfishness.

bullshit! vieira was crap; he barely connected with a single pass today. if he can't dominate against rbk, how do u think he'll perform against valencia, barca, juve or bayern munchen. i need to hit the sack; i'm so ****ing disappointed right now...

Canuck

Established Member
:( well not the result we wanted on the night, but remember we are still sitting top of the group when we were rock bottom last this time last year. I'm sure Norway was tough away, they'll get their confidence up soon. I'm hoping for another good run in the EPL to get us psyched up for Pana.

jeromelee

kel varnsen said:
kel varnsen said:
JazzG said:
Sol said:

btw, campbell was once again disappointing. he needs match practice; i think cygan is a better option right now...

You must be joking...........I'll take a half fit campbell over cygan anytime

A

Anonymous

gosh u r the biggest bunch of ****in moaners ive ever seen
u guys arent giving enough credit to rosenburg
they r quality team playin at their home
we had to travel all the way and u think we will thrash them
get a ****in grip we've gone 47 games undefeated and u are already turnin on our manager and players
what a bunch of fickle sons of *****es u are
what the **** is wrong with u ppl?
instead of moanin and pretending u konw more than our manager support the ****in team u bunch of uneducated low life ****in trailer trash mutha ****as

KoLo28

ache7859 said:
gosh u r the biggest bunch of f*n moaners ive ever seen
get a f*n grip we've gone 47 games undefeated and u are already turnin on our manager and players
what the f**k is wrong with u ppl?
instead of moanin and pretending u konw more than our manager support the f*n team u bunch of uneducated low life f*n trailer trash mutha ****as

:lol: :lol:

leongsh

Yes, Rosenberg played well. Direct attacking play. Good pressing on the opposing players. Now, what kind of style of play is that? Seen that before? :evil:

Why, yes, it's the typical English style of play and well-executed by Rosenberg. A style still used in the EPL although not often and not as well-executed. It's still a style of play that Arsenal are familiar with and have played enough against.

Some of the balls being lost were were due to Rosenberg's pressing and good coverage but there was a good number of them that were due to Arsenal's players being sloppy. The positioning and defensive coverage by the Arsenal central midfield was at times non-existent.

mombo

Many of these comments seem to smack of fear. We are in fine position in CL and EPL. Not absolutely perfect, but no one sustains perfection. Have confidence in the team we support!

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Many of these comments seem to smack of fear.

And why not? Most of us are scared Arsenal are going to go out with a whimper in this CL, just as they have done in the past.

Today was just one of those games by the sound of it. It happened plenty of times in the first half of last season ie. Against Moscow and Kiev, as well as against Everton and Leicester. It's just because it hasn't happened for such a long time that some poeple on here are overreacting a bit.

BTW, I think we should brace ourselves to lose our unbeaten PL record some time soon, we seem in a very charitable mood at the moment. F***ing champions league leaves our players mentally battered and sapped of confidence. :(

We need to batter a few teams in the build-up to the game at Old Trafford, ESPECIALLY Panathinaikos. If we pull out a morale-sapping result like this against Pana, we will get F***ING STUFFED at Old Trafford, mark my words.

Soler

Established Member
ache7859 said:
gosh u r the biggest bunch of f*n moaners ive ever seen
get a f*n grip we've gone 47 games undefeated and u are already turnin on our manager and players
what the f**k is wrong with u ppl?
instead of moanin and pretending u konw more than our manager support the f*n team u bunch of uneducated low life f*n trailer trash mutha ****as

You know, civilised people could say all that without needing to swear every second word.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I just think we have a mental problem in Europe and the more we play the quicker we'll get out of it. The only problem is that it is effeting our performances in the Premiership and I have a feeling it will take its toll very soon....possibly an unexpected loss.

All this nonsensical talk about Reyes, Pires, blah blah blah....please!

I do think there is merit in the idea of playing younger players in CL as they might not be gripped in this mental blanket that seems to be covering the first 11.

Possibly have Cesc start in the middle , with VP upfront and Reyes on the left.
It's just an idea......other than that I really think the team tries too hard to preserve the unbeaten run, which in turn means we play with much less risk once were in front...

When you think about our large wins this year, opposition teams open up and we get them on the counter.....whereas leading up to our first goal, we always dominate games and take the challenge to the opposition.....same can be said when we get scored on first.....We never seem to attack with the same vigor we normally have when we've scored early.....this has been my observation.....sometimes the worst thing that happens to us is a lead early in the match....cause we tend to sit back and only hit on the counter.....normally this is a fair tactic......but our defence isnt as well equipped as Chelsea's to hold onto 1 nil leads.

I just think a loss might release the pressure on the side nd might prove to be the catalyst for a successful season....I cant see the harm in it happening now....it might stir a couple of the underperformers and release the pressure on the rest of the side....

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
When you think about our large wins this year, opposition teams open up and we get them on the counter.....whereas leading up to our first goal, we always dominate games and take the challenge to the opposition.....same can be said when we get scored on first.....We never seem to attack with the same vigor we normally have when we've scored early.....this has been my observation.....sometimes the worst thing that happens to us is a lead early in the match....cause we tend to sit back and only hit on the counter.....normally this is a fair tactic......but our defence isnt as well equipped as Chelsea's to hold onto 1 nil leads.

I agree with this. In fact, when was the last time we were down, and came back to draw the match? If we're down, we usually end up going the whole way and winning the match.

I think we need a resounding 2 or 3 goal loss this weekend in which we get two soft penalties against us, and Vieira gets unfairly red carded. That would give us a good kickstart. :lol:

But seriously, take a look at some of our draws last season.

Chelsea- Home and away we came from one down to win 2-1. The CL match, we take the lead and end up losing

Leciester away- Take early lead, condede late equaliser

Everton away- Same as above

Bolton away- Same as above

Bolton home- Go two goals up, concede one and almost end up drawing

Charlton home- Same as above

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last time we were down and came back to only draw the match was last season at home against Pompey?

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom