• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Stadium: Pictures, Info, Anything..

go49oner

Established Member
Didn't know where else to put this but the ticket for the 1st ever match at Wembley are now available to purchase for £10

The game will be Friendly between England U21 V Italy U21 on Saturday 24th of March. And it will 60,000 capacity game.

You can also buy tickets over the phone on 08709020005

Hope Theo will be the 1st to score at the New Wembley.

http://ticketing.thefa.com/

seb_afc

Established Member
Im well pissed about this! I wanted to go to Wembley for the first time but England Israel is on the same day and I will be in Israel instead!! absolutley gutted

M+D

Established Member
And Theo won't be there, he hasn't been named in the squad. Justin Hoyte will be the only Arsenal representative

silky

Merida+Denilson said:
And Theo won't be there, he hasn't been named in the squad. Justin Hoyte will be the only Arsenal representative

Thats an odd one if you ask me, he had a great Carling Cup final and deserves a proper shot.

If Neugent plays well again he wont be playing championship football weather or not he goes up...

silky

RC8

Established Member
I found these pics and thought I'd share:

396953967_0ad1a8c394_b.jpg

396963802_4fd4d28822_b.jpg

312983013_2681ae8fe7_b.jpg

312793934_76aa974ba3_b.jpg

To be honest, I like our stadium better than the new Wembley, which is very impressing and all, but would never, ever, feel remotely like home. Don't get me wrong, Wembley is a wonderful stadium, but it is too big, the roof is not exactly of my liking, and the distance between the fans and the pitch, as well as the camera angle on TV are appalling:

lfd11f089d9e6c58df779bdpj8.jpg

I feel that our ground is starting to feel like home already, it doesn't necessarily hold as much history or that feeling of pride and tradition that you got at Highbury, but now when I watch home games I don't look at the stadium as if it was a new building, but rather as our stadium, just like I did when we played at Highbury. I believe that the design which has these areas that resemble 'stands', has helped, and I for one can't think of a better design for us (except Highbury of course). Now we must work on the atmosphere inside the ground and fix the transportation issues around the ground, win a couple more derbies, and hopefully in a few years, we will be properly settled in Ashburton Grove.

Tony Montana

Established Member
I wish I could feel the same way as you about the Emirates Stadium RC8. To me it doesn't feel like home yet. It still feels like a big corporate international stadium and it doesn't have a British feel about it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good stadium but it's not different enough from some others and it lacks character. I like your pics by the way.

As for Wembley, I don't think it looks that good. It looks nice but not THAT nice and for £757m I think the FA were short changed. The inside could have been done better, especially with the lettering of 'Wembley'. The arch is good though. There are more daring designs around the world. Japan and the states are way ahead. Japan's stadiums in the world cup 2002 were more innovative and that was 5 years ago. I didn't want Arsenal's stadium too high tech but with stands close to the pitch and clear ends and sides rather than the bowl shape we have.

stuart

Established Member
westfalenin.jpg

I dont want to turn this into a new stadium thread but that is a real stadium. The F.A should have had a look at that. Wembley and Emirates are sexy, but for football, not the way to go

RC8

Established Member
Bloody Hell, I just tried to post a response with about 15 images of different stadia around the world and it got erased. Damn you internet!

But it ended like this:

"Even though Ashburton Grove is the best stadium for me out of the bunch up there, it will never, ever, replace our home:

(Look away now so that you don't end up with tears in your eyes like I did when writing this post)

ArsenalFC.jpg

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

Whats that stadium Stuart, it looks like a German one but im not sure. If you gave me a choice, I would defitnetly have stayed at Highbury. For all I care we could have built the biggest stadium in the world with all the new technology but Highbury is still home and always will be. In my opinion we could have stayed at highbury for a few more years. Most of the fans grew up at Highbury and its like having your house knocked down, but saying that I would rather have my house knocked down that knock down Highbury.

M+D

Established Member
Arsenal fans will soon be able to watch instant action replays of matches by bringing their own mini-games consoles to the Emirates stadium. (Daily Star)

This sounds interesting, seems pretty awesome to me, once again proving we're one of the most forward thinking clubs in England, if not the world.

Jackus

Arsenal really know how to improve the atmosphere don't they. Don't have make some **** decisions. That will be awful.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Access to Arsenal 'a nightmare'

The new ground has a 60,000-seat capacity
Transport problems around Arsenal's new stadium remain "a complete nightmare" despite assurances from the football club, residents have said.
Residents complained of overcrowding, parking problems and poor Tube links to the Emirates Stadium in north London at an Arsenal community liaison meeting.

The Highbury Community Association said: "On match days you can't move in or out before or after a match."

But Arsenal said access to the venue was "in line with expectations".

Resident and business groups, Islington Council, police and transport officials attended Thursday's community liaison meeting.

The club moved to the 60,000-seat Ashburton Grove venue last summer, and supporters have complained that it can take up to an hour to get away after matches.

'Same disruption'

Martin Jones, chairman of the Highbury Fields Association, also said: "Signs near the venue point out that there are parking restrictions on match days. But you need to know exactly when those match days are to avoid receiving a fine."

Residents also complained of match-day overcrowding at the main Tube stops for the stadium - Arsenal, Finsbury Park and Highbury & Islington.

After the meeting Trevor Wilson, of the Highbury Community Association, said: "Nothing has changed since the beginning of the season. We have the same amount of disruption with cars and people running around."

Islington Council has commissioned research into match-day congestion around the stadium, which it will publish after the current football season ends in May.

The council would not publish its early findings, but an Arsenal spokesman said they were "in line with expectations".

Kevin O'Leary, Islington Council's director of environment and regeneration, said: "It is important to remember that this is only the first season at the new stadium, and a great deal of monitoring, assessment and compromise is taking place."

He said the council would continue to work with Arsenal, the police and Transport for London (TfL) to make match days "as efficient as possible for everyone involved".

A TfL spokesman said: "On match days, we run extra trains and have extra staff on hand to move passengers through the four stations serving Emirates stadium as quickly as possible.

"However, with large numbers of fans all arriving at the Tube stations serving the stadium at the same time, there will be some delays."

He said TfL had allocated more than £50m to improve transport in the area, including looking at ways of increasing capacity at Finsbury Park and Highbury & Islington Tube stations.

Jackus

Personally, as I've mentioned before, I have no problems getting away, and I never leave early. Sure, there's a bit of queuing and its quite tightly packed at places, but what do you expect? It's football, I'd be dissappointed if it wasn't that tightly packed.. ;)

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well to those nitwits who moved to Islington over the past 20 years ,what did you expect!!1
Those whom moved to Islington over the past few years----
Blimey You knew Arsenal was in Islington,what did you think---no one will turn up to watch a match
Thing is the nitwits will not be reading the thread

Asterix

Established Member
That German stadium belongs to Dortmund, whoever asked.

My mate at work used to be a season ticket holder, but found the commute between Sydney and London too far on weekends. he still keeps in touch with the people he used to sit with, and he asked them recently what the ground was like and why people were leaving early. here is the response:

Ah the old empty seat question. Well actually there aren’t any – what you are seeing is a fault in the new stadium. The stadium is full for every match – the problem comes around half time and 10 minutes before the end. Despite having zillions of new catering outlets, unless you sit near the end of an aisle it is impossible to get a beer at half-time. We haven’t had a half-time drink all season. Those that do get in the queue don’t always get back in time for the start of the second half. And that middle tier you can see – Club Level – they get free drinks and nibbles so they take longer to resume their seats after half-time.

Then, after the game the transport situation is appalling. With 22,000 extra people, there are less travel options then before as London Underground shut Holloway Road because it only has lift access and can’t cope and the mainline Drayton Park also closes. So there are huge queues at Arsenal Station and the police hold people in blocks on the roads leading up to Finsbury Park station. Queues outside Highbury & Islington stretch for about a mile. If you need to get away in a hurry you have to leave early. We are fortunate because we anticipated the problems and made sure our seats were in the nearest section to Arsenal station, but it still takes us about an extra 20+ minutes of queuing to get into the station.

Apparently it takes an hour for everyone to get away from the stadium. It is worse for night games, with everyone wanting to go straight home, the pressure on the station is even greater. If you need to get to a mainline station to get out of London you have to leave early or you won’t make it! On two occasions the situation at Arsenal Station has been so bad we have had to walk the two miles to Angel on the Northern Line – no easy task when you only have little legs.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom