• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Stadium: Pictures, Info, Anything..

thegame24

Established Member
Yo everybody

Im doing a dissertation on the emirates stadium. basically looking at nearly a year on and the impact its had.

Can anyone contact me or post here, any acedemic sources written about the proposal etc

any current news clips or articles looking at the problems we encountred, moving the plant, employement, congestion, the housing we agreed to put up, reasons why, safety. etc

and anything else involved with islington, the residents, looking at the start of the proposal and the most recent events.

the article above from bbc is a good example

anyone can help thanks a lot.

thegame24

Established Member
Just to addd im more interested in the problems we encountred with those wamkers who didnt want it built

Why we are building flats next to stadium, and why highbury is also

relocation of factory

what hapened to employees

Congestion and access problems since building this corporate crap e.g more fans more difficulties

local pissed off residence

employement, and saftey figures if possible

THANK YOUUUU

thegame24

Established Member
Just to addd im more interested in the problems we encountred with those wamkers who didnt want it built

Why we are building flats next to stadium, and why highbury is also

relocation of factory

what hapened to employees

Congestion and access problems since building this corporate crap e.g more fans more difficulties

local pissed off residents

employement, and saftey figures if possible

THANK YOUUUU

RC8

Established Member
Listen, I posted about this earlier this season, and was told that the Portsmouth game was a one off by Jester, but since then I've been paying attention and every single game it's the same. Look at these pictures and notice the away section:

changeinawaysectioniz8.png

In the first pic you can see that it takes up just a bit of the stand that's behind the goal. In the 2nd pic, you can see it takes up half the stand, and you can't see the home supporters. The first pic is a recent pic, while the 2nd one is from the game against Watford early this season.

My question is, was the away section moved to the left so that you could see home fans on TV? Or was the camera angle changed? Or is it a case of both?

This has been like that since the game against Portsmouth, and it hasn't changed since then. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jackus

I seem to remember Bolton not taking up their full allocation.. wonder if that has anything to do with it.

RC8

Established Member
Well, yes, there is some truth to that, but also, look at West Ham, who did take their full allocation, and look at the division, obviously the camera angle is different, as you can see the home fans there:

changeinawaysection2zr1.png

jester

Established Member
Listen, I posted about this earlier this season, and was told that the Portsmouth game was a one off by Jester, but since then I've been paying attention and every single game it's the same. Look at these pictures and notice the away section:
No. I told you that the barrier on which you've put the line moves. The barrier moves around depending on the allocation. Some clubs are offered more or less seats, some sell more or less.
For some games, all of the allocation is sold, so the barrier moves further around. Against man city the barrier was moved back so it was a small away section allowing more arsenal fans.
In the carling cup the club have to offer a certain amount ,and the barrier was the furthest it's been.
The stationary camera doesnt move.

This has been like that since the game against Portsmouth, and it hasn't changed since then. Does anyone have any ideas?
as i said above, it was smaller for bolton, and smaller still for city. I assume because not many city fans travelled, allowing more arsenal fans the other side.

RC8

Established Member
jester said:
No. I told you that the barrier on which you've put the line moves. The barrier moves around depending on the allocation. Some clubs are offered more or less seats, some sell more or less.
For some games, all of the allocation is sold, so the barrier moves further around. Against man city the barrier was moved back so it was a small away section allowing more arsenal fans.
In the carling cup the club have to offer a certain amount ,and the barrier was the furthest it's been.
The stationary camera doesnt move.

as i said above, it was smaller for bolton, and smaller still for city. I assume because not many city fans travelled, allowing more arsenal fans the other side.

I remember exactly what you said, and with "one off" I meant a change that is not permanent. Sorry if I wasn't clear, I think you were very helpful.

The thing is, as you can see in the latest picture I posted, it seems the camera-man has been given orders to have less zoom than that at the beginning of the season, hence why you can see more Arsenal fans, and which is what I meant with a 'change in camera angle'.

Thanks again for your clarification. I think it can be concluded that they are just zooming in less, so that you can see more of our supporters on TV.

Noted

That Watford pic looks strange. Almost like its not from a TV feed because tis too zoomed in. Jester is completely right about the rest and how they move the barrier depending on how many away tickets are sold.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Has anyone noticed the 3 Highbury destruction videos on ATVO. Rubbing salt in the wounds of the fans or what :(.

M+D

Established Member
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... tes+Firsts

From the minute its doors opened for Dennis Bergkamp's Testimonial on July 22 last year, Emirates Stadium has witnessed a host of 'firsts'. We've got a selection of them here:

First goal — Scored by Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax after 37 minutes of the Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial (July 22, 2006).

First penalty — Ronald de Boer missed for Ajax in the second half of the Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial.

First Arsenal goal — Scored by Thierry Henry in the 55th minute of the Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial.

First league substitution — Robin van Persie came on for Emmanuel Adebayor 66 minutes into the opening league game against Aston Villa.

First competitive Arsenal goal — Scored by Gilberto in the 83rd minute of the Premiership game with Aston Villa (August 19, 2006)

First European goal — Scored after 12 minutes by Eduardo of Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League Qualifier (August 23, 2006)

First international fixture — Elano scored twice for Brazil as they beat Argentina 3-0 (September 3, 2006)

First red card — Middlesbrough’s George Boateng became the first player to be sent off at Emirates in the 1-1 Premiership (September 9, 2006)

First penalty scored — Thierry Henry scored after 67 minutes of the 1-1 Premier League draw with Middlesbrough after Emmanuel Eboue was fouled.

First own goal — scored by Phil Jagielka in the 3-0 league win over Sheffield United (September 23, 2006)

First Cup goal — Scored by Bolton’s Kevin Nolan in the 1-1 FA Cup Fourth Round draw (January 28, 2007)

First hat-trick — Arsenal youth team striker Jay Simpson scored three against Cardiff City in the FA Youth Cup Quarter-Final (February 19, 2007).

First Arsenal defeat — West Ham beat Arsenal 1-0 in the Premier League — the Club’s 24th game at Emirates (April 7, 2007)..

stuart

Established Member
Ffs M+D thats twice you have brought news before me today :evil:

Im just the 2hours 40 minutes behind this time ;)

I never knew Huntelaar was the first goalscorer! An omen maybe? Maybe not

M+D

Established Member
stuart said:
Ffs M+D thats twice you have brought news before me today :evil:

Im just the 2hours 40 minutes behind this time ;)

I never knew Huntelaar was the first goalscorer! An omen maybe? Maybe not

:lol:

I am very sorry and I sincerely apologise....for being much quicker than you! :wink:

RC8

Established Member
Arsenal eclipse Wigan with Emirates record

When West Ham reflect on their great escape from the relegation trap door in 2006/07, they will remember their trip to Emirates Stadium with fondness. The Hammers were hammered by Arsenal on April 7 but left with an unlikely 1-0 win.

Bobby Zamora's first-half strike - not to mention Robert Green's goalkeeping heroics - condemned Arsenal to their first defeat at their new home. But, as the dust settled on that disappointment, the Gunners had reasons to be cheerful.

Their unbeaten run at Emirates Stadium had stretched to 23 games, a record for a new ground in England. Of all the football league stadiums opened since the Taylor Report of 1990, Wigan’s JJB Stadium held the previous record of 14 games unbeaten.

Arsenal's run, which started with a Premiership draw against Aston Villa and took in famous victories over Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham (twice), left Wigan's record in tatters.

Not really that important but it's a record we can add to our list...

The full article is HERE.

RC8

Established Member
The rumours were true... the pitch of the stadium is being renovated, as it was too slow according to Arsène.

www.Arsenal.com have confirmed the pitch is being renovated.

Pitch renovation

With the first season at Emirates Stadium behind us, the pitch at Arsenal's new home is being renovated ahead of the 2007/08 campaign.

Head Groundsman Paul Burgess and his staff have been hard at work over the past week.

Here are some of the pictures displayed in the article:

pitch22052007_4.jpg

pitch22052007_6.jpg

pitch22052007_3.jpg

For the full article, go HERE

I'll post a pic of the pitch from the webcam if I get it to work.

M+D

Established Member
Friar 'pleasantly surprised' by first year at Emirates

Do you accept it is still a work in progress?

“There will always be a work in progress. We will never be satisfied and say ‘well we have done it all’. Things change, systems change and new ideas come along. We have now dressed the stadium on the inside and we are dressing the corridors. Eventually we will do more and more as time goes on. But you can’t do that on day one. If we had, then we would have been a year late. We knew we could do that once we had opened.

“What has really surprised me is the number of other events taking place in the stadium. The tours have really taken off. Conference and banqueting is very successful and, on some evenings, we are serving 1,000 meals. That is very important to the club and often there is a spin-off. People like what they see and they sometimes then come to a match or they book a conference for later in the year. It is like going to a nice restaurant, you’ll recommend it.”

The transport problems have featured widely. What lessons have you learnt this year?

“We always realised there could be problem because we have increased our capacity from 38,000 to 60,000. We are still the best-served club in the country in terms of public transport. We have 12 per cent of the public now coming via car. The other 88 per cent are coming via public transport in the main. We try to get people in early. We stagger it so they don’t all arrive at one time. We have a “happy hour” after the game to try to keep people in. Even if we retain only 5,000 or 10,000 people, that is enough to ease the problem. Midweek matches are different, because people arrive later and want to leave straight away to get home. But we are doing everything we can and the police are doing a great job. Where we have had problems this year is when the Piccadilly and Victoria lines broke down, on some occasions simultaneously. But that is a problem beyond us.”

Arsenal averaged over 60,000 in the Premiership. Do you think you will sustain that for next season?

“I think we will. The season tickets renewal rates are enormous. They are extremely good. But everything about this business is about team results. We have a very young team. If you can blend the Thierry Henrys with the youth of Fabregas and Denilson etc then we will do really well. But if we are 18th in the League then who can say? But at the moment we are doing really well, every match is a sell-out and we need to do our best to keep that going.”

Finally Mr Friar, what mark out of 10 would you give for this season at Emirates?

“I suppose I’d give us eight out of 10. Whatever you do there is room for improvement. Once you get to the stage where you think you have learnt it all then you’ll soon realise you have not.”

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom