• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenio Venger

This is not the Southampton that has been causing us so much grief in recent times. They no more have Wanyama, pelle and Mane. That notwithstanding, we should be focused and make sure we pick the three points. Let's close up the five-point gap first, then we start worrying about the quality of play later.

PS: The opening post of the thread gives the impression that we have a Canadian city playing for us at left back.

Boufal can give us some trouble

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Will be an interesting selection for the next few games. With Giroud and Perez I'm guessing Alexis goes back out wide. Ramsey/Iwobi likely to also be back so I wonder where that'll leave Cazorla/Walcott.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Will be an interesting selection for the next few games. With Giroud and Perez I'm guessing Alexis goes back out wide. Ramsey/Iwobi likely to also be back so I wonder where that'll leave Cazorla/Walcott.

Iwobi won't be back.... At best, he will be back for Paris.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No point rushing Ramsey back either. Xhaka / Cazorla in midfield, Alexis and Theo outwide. Giroud to start up top. Perez in for Psg

N

NotAUserName

Southampton are not going to sit back like Watford. I'd rather go with Xhaka-Elneny.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I hope we don't underestimate them.

They've changed a lot since last season. Koeman who got a handle on Wenger is gone. Pelle, Wanyama and Mane are also not there, while with their new manager you never know what sort of game to expect.

I hope we get to see Shkodran Perez play a part.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Fraser Forster don't play this we will win big In my opinion every time we play them he turn to world class GK and save everything. i want Mustafi and Lucas Perez start here.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kosh Monreal
Xhaka Cazorla
Walcott Özil Alexis
Lucas

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't want Alexis wide. He is doing well as ST.

We either stick with him as an ST, or never play him there again.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini

Thought I was the only Arsenal fan who favoured Alexis playing as a striker rather than a winger.
Our general passing and build up play is much better when Sanchez is further up field causing havoc to defences with his runs, loses the ball too much whenever he drops deep.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Southampton are not going to sit back like Watford. I'd rather go with Xhaka-Elneny.

We may see Xhaka-Elneny for PSG. Away to the top seed, we need to keep them out and hit them on the break. For Saints I expect Xhaka-Cazorla.

Lucas to start vs Saints with Giroud coming on later.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
This has dropped points written all over it. Redmond and Tadic will cause us problems on the counter attack, and their defence will be difficult to break down.

Need a big performance.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This is a game we should be winning. They're without their record signing Boufal and first choice 'keeper Forster. They also don't have the likes of Wanyama, Mane and Pelle.

No doubt that bastard Long is gonna score now :lol:.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Don't agree with that, Alexis generally looks lost up front on his own, he wants to be more involved with the build up and likes to dribble a lot, needs to be given a free role on the wing, perez needs to start up front, guy looks like a predator...

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
If Fraser Forster don't play this we will win big In my opinion every time we play them he turn to world class GK and save everything. i want Mustafi and Lucas Perez start here.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kosh Monreal
Xhaka Cazorla
Walcott Özil Alexis
Lucas
Change walcott with Ox...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom