• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Cannot wait for this game. Not been this excited for an Arsenal game since forever I think. Positive we're going to have a great season after we've done tremendous work in the transfer window. We've so many things to look forward to, Mesut Özil always being no. 1, but not to forget the likes of Alexis, Santi, an improving Theo, and now Xhaka, Perez, Mustafi, etc. So, so exciting.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm gutted. Going camping so won't be able to watch live, I'll have to settle for a replay without knowing the score.

nicky47

Established Member
Nice to see some positivity and confidence around the club again. Obviously the main reasons for this are our 2 newest signings. Although every signing has an element of risk, I feel comfortable in saying that I expect very good things from Xhaka and Mustafi.

The big question mark hangs over Perez though. Maybe I'm being a little over the top, but I think if we're to be successful in some way this season it'll be largely due to how good of a striker he is. I genuinely think a more effective player in front of goal who adds pace and movement will transform our attack. It'll improve our play, and the players around the striker.

The deeper I've looked at Lucas, (the type of striker he is and the great season he's just had), the more I really like the look of him. I just hope Wengers brought him in with the intention of playing him over Giroud, not to be back up, or to just to be a small gamble. We needed a player to change our way of attacking, other wise we're facing the same old problems.

I'm asking for a lot from our new number 9 I know, haha, I just hope he turns out well for us. This team will be looking in very good shape then...

Sorry for the long post, wanted to get that off my chest. Can't wait for the game!

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Cannot wait for this game. Not been this excited for an Arsenal game since forever I think. Positive we're going to have a great season after we've done tremendous work in the transfer window. We've so many things to look forward to, Mesut Özil always being no. 1, but not to forget the likes of Alexis, Santi, an improving Theo, and now Xhaka, Perez, Mustafi, etc. So, so exciting.

Maybe tone down the expectations a tad bit. Little bit afraid we're getting carried away.

I'd be happy with just 3 points to be honest.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
The longer Ramsey stays injured, the better we'll do.

Xhaka, Cazorla, Özil. So good to watch.

Would love to see a Perez cameo. If he ever produces another one of THAT volley at Arsenal, it'll be money well spent.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Southampton lost big players, and their new manager is struggling to get the team to tick under his system.

If we can't beat them now, we never will.

TorontoGooner76

Can't wait for the season to get going again. The two late signings that were made has made me a bit more at ease, especially the signing of Mustafi. Look forward to seeing how a much more mobile striker with good finishing abilities such as Perez will fit in here. I really do believe that Wenger is trying to instill a much more direct and fast moving style of play.

I'm really not sure how much the new additions will feature in this one. Wenger normally will introduce new players for the last bit of their debut match but I would love to see both feature more predominately. I still think Giroud will start and play for around 60 minutes or so as I feel Wenger will play him against PSG. I think if anything, Mustafi will play a small role later in the game. Not the way I would like, but probably the reality. So my projected squad is:

Cech-

Bellerin-Holding-Koscielny-Monreal

El Nenney-Xhaka

Ox-Özil-Sanchez

Giroud

3-1 to the Arsenal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

WE'RE GONNA WIN 10-0, NANANANA NANANANA.

But yeah I'm confident and excited for this game. Wouldn't change too much from Watford either, besides maybe Mustafi in for Holding.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Would love to see Mustafi start but I think Wenger might stick with Holding, especially since Mustafi rolled his ankle a bit. I'd also bet he puts Giroud into the XI and moves Alexis back outside. Everything else stays the same from the Watford game. Then we see Lucas and Iwobi come on as subs. We should win this easily but I know it'll probably look tough at times. Maybe 3-1 to The Arsenal.

Song Billong

The longer Ramsey stays injured, the better we'll do.

Xhaka, Cazorla, Özil. So good to watch.

Would love to see a Perez cameo. If he ever produces another one of THAT volley at Arsenal, it'll be money well spent.

Ok mate we get it, you don't like Ramsey. Please try posting a single post that doesn't reference Ramsey or your hatred towards him, thanks.

GunnerShy

Really interested to see how we set up. Especially with the game in Paris looming. Like everyone else, in keen to see our new toys out on the pitch but we might not get it against Southampton.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One has to think Mustafi starts despite Holding doing decent job

Hope we see Perez as a sub at least

Finesse

....................Cech

Bellerin Rob Kos Nacho

... .............. Xhaka...............

......... Santi ........... Mesut......

Theo.........................................Alexis

.......................Giroud......................

Arsène will go with Rob. He has done nothing wrong and has been a solid pair with Kos. Mustafi will watch from the bench and work in training for a week or more before starting. I would not start him either.

Do not be surprised if Coq is drafted in. Wenger is fun of this after international breaks to keep players fresh ahead of busy schedules.

With a few days training Lucas cannot start. A cameo is likely.

logic DC

off topic but whatever, we have at least five players capable of being in the EPL eleven so we should definitely challenging for the title but that is done to how flexible wenger can be with his tactics, as for Saturday I'm expecting a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom