• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't agree with that, Alexis generally looks lost up front on his own, he wants to be more involved with the build up and likes to dribble a lot, needs to be given a free role on the wing, perez needs to start up front, guy looks like a predator...
We started an experiment to see how it goes. He could blossom into an truly WC striker if he learnt the position.

No point in starting an experiment and then not carrying on with it.

Steve D

Saints fan here.

Boufal is injured until October.
Hopefully Forster/Bertrand will be fit.

We are a much different team to last season. Mistakes in defence and pretty clueless up-front so far. Obviously we have it in us to cause you problems though. First three matches of the season have been pretty dire. We've gone 1-0 down at home to both Watford and Sunderland, and had to rescue points against them. Also beaten comfortably away at United. We are using a new formation a 4-4-2 diamond which leaves us vulnerable in defence - easily exploited out wide, and isolated up-front. I'm expecting a 2-0 loss, but then hopefully we can kick on our season from there, starting with our Europa cup games.

I'm expecting somewhere like 14th-8th place finish this season for us, top 4 for you. We won't be challenging 5th/6th like last season. Our summer summary: players are c*nts/managers are c*nts. Our season hinges on Boufal.

skip spence

Feels good to finally be able to put out a strong team. Ramsey will be missed but there is able replacement for him at last. Time to start racking up some wins!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm expecting the same lineup as against Watford with maybe Mustafi starting over Holding. Lucas and Giroud to come off the bench and get some minutes because they'll need some match time before the PSG match.

Cech
Bellerin - Holding/Mustafi - Kos - Monreal
Cazorla - Xhaka
Walcott - Özil - Ox
Alexis

Bench: Ospina, Holding/Mustafi, Gibbs, Coquelin, Elneny, Lucas, Giroud

Theo and Ox will be playing against their old team, so they'll want to play well, especially since Lucas, Giroud and Iwobi will all be pushing for a starting spot. Might be too soon for Lucas to start, and I don't think Giroud will be considered as a starter for us. He's an impact sub and a backup CF. Wenger will want Alexis and Lucas to get minutes at CF ahead of Giroud.

Iwobi might not make the squad since he will just be back from injury, and Ramsey should miss this match too.

cannonade

Established Member
Iwobi, Giroud and Elneny can be Wenger's late game subs. I'd like to see yousif's "beastmode" (^^) line-up.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope Wenger plays the new boys to give the team a lift and excite the crowd.

We need the fans behind the team if we're to win anything.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I quite like Alexis as a false nine, but now we have Perez we should put it to bed for a while. It wasn't great against Liverpool or Leicester and a large part of it's success against Watford was probably down to their formation, along with the return of Özil/Cazorla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom