• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Chelsea - Sun. Jan 24th, 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would advise skipping all Giroud threads.
Yeah of course there are some debates, but as long as it is done in respect it's okay.

Giroud is certainly the french player the most questioned in France. People generally opposite him to Benzema when they are just not the same kind of player. You've got also a lot of people who watch him just once in a while and base their opinion on a single game. But the game against Monaco last year was watched everywhere in France and didn't help his case.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Always bugs me when people call him Sanchez, it's Alexis.
Why? Is his name Alexis Alexis?

Any who... this is a match we simply can not/must not lose. A draw would not be acceptable either. It's win or win.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Any who... .

tumblr_n0i7hhfn2N1rzpyc0o1_500.gif

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Mertersacker Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Campbell Özil Chamberlain
Sanchez

Although he's a top world class defender Koscielny hasn't looked right in a while now thus I'd replace him with Gabriel who honestly should be starting. Get Arteta and Özil back in the team to monopolize possession allowing Ramsey to concentrate on what he excels in. I think that front 3 has fantastic balance, pace and versatility, everyone getting on Ox's case but I just believe he needs consecutive matches on the flanks. Campbell definitely deserves his place in the starting xi and Sanchez upfront for me could be our Aguero or Tevez.

Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea

Bench: Ospiiiiinnnaaaaaaaa, Koscielny, Gibbs, Chambers, Elneny, Giroud, Walcott

chessygoal

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Mertersacker Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Campbell Özil Chamberlain
Sanchez

Although he's a top world class defender Koscielny hasn't looked right in a while now thus I'd replace him with Gabriel who honestly should be starting. Get Arteta and Özil back in the team to monopolize possession allowing Ramsey to concentrate on what he excels in. I think that front 3 has fantastic balance, pace and versatility, everyone getting on Ox's case but I just believe he needs consecutive matches on the flanks. Campbell definitely deserves his place in the starting xi and Sanchez upfront for me could be our Aguero or Tevez.

Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea

Bench: Ospiiiiinnnaaaaaaaa, Koscielny, Gibbs, Chambers, Elneny, Giroud, Walcott
You must be trolling, even if I agree that Kos isn't playing at his best, he's still far better than Gabriel.
And playing Chamberlain instead of Giroud is pure madness based on their current form.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
You must be trolling, even if I agree that Kos isn't playing at his best, he's still far better than Gabriel.
And playing Chamberlain instead of Giroud is pure madness based on their current form.

He is better than Gabriel correct but he isnt far better as you put it. What did Gabriel do to be dropped? We are a big club, players need to realise theres competition in every position and right now I think Kos needs to be taken out for a while as he was embarassing against Southampton, looked shaky at home to Sunderland, away at Pool he was shaky and Yesterday he was poor passing out from the back, I just think him being taken out for a couple of matches will do him some good.

As for Chamberlain over Giroud, Im thinking more tactically as the latter is bread and butter for Terry and Cahil, also bear in mind he's never truly performed against Chelsea.

He is better than Gabriel correct but he isnt far better as you put it. What did Gabriel do to be dropped? We are a big club, players need to realise theres competition in every position and right now I think Kos needs to be taken out for a while as he was embarassing against Southampton, looked shaky at home to Sunderland, away at Pool he was shaky and Yesterday he was poor passing out from the back, I just think him being taken out for a couple of matches will do him some good.

As for Chamberlain over Giroud, Im thinking more tactically as the latter is bread and butter for Terry and Cahil, also bear in mind he's never truly performed against Chelsea.
We'll dominate the game so we need Giroud's physical presence in the box. He's in good form and will get good services from Özil, Campbell and Alexis. Only thing to worry about is if he puts his scoring boots on the day.

Despite Kosc's latest poor performances, he's still more experienced and consistent than Gabriel. There's no way Wenger changes his back four in such a big game.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I don't like this match. Teams, who're underperforming, tend to cause us problems. Expect Hiddink to make Chelski play anti-football in their self-declared fight against relegation.

Hope we'll clinical.

Loken

After Swansea's win tonight they are now just 4 points from that relegation spot. They will be fighting for more than just the bragging rights, it's getting pretty serious.

It will be so sweet if we do beat them and the gap closes ever so slightly...

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I fancy us against Chelsea at home, provided we get Özil and Sanchez back. Central midfield is still a worry, but we can beat this lot.

After the two draws away from home, we need a win here.

TorontoGooner76

I think it's hard to understand the Sp**s rivalry without living in London tbf...I moved to Toronto a few years ago and the vast majority of Canadian Gooners I've met don't really see the Arsenal-Sp**s rival from the prism local Gooners do, which is understandable.

I'm near Toronto as well, and I have a mate who is a Sp**s fan. Don't see him that often, but it is good banter when I do!

Since I have been a fan since Henry's first season, for me I feel the rivalry much more with United. Lot's of United fans here. But I get a lot of thumbs up's and kudo's when I wear any Arsenal stuff though ☺

As for the match, it will be tough for sure. They may be way down in the table but it is a huge match for them, and I think they will show up. Wenger really needs a game plan here. I hope to see Özil and Alexis back, and hopefully Elneney to give us a bit more steel in midfield. I have seen enough of Flamini at this point.

Joel to start on the right. If Alexis is fit, then I am unsure about who plays striker. Looks like Giroud could use a rest but Theo has been awful lately.

I think Hazard will return. Not sure about Diego Costa, as he left the game on Saturday. Hope he misses out, he really makes my blood boil. No more Mourinho though, so no mind games anymore. Hope we come with a game plan, play efficient and take care of business.

1-nil to the Arsenal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom