<

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Injuries to CBs were out of his control, but I think what really grates people is that the injury to Mertesacker should of been redundant as he shouldn't of been anywhere near first choice this season.

Rimaal likes this.
  2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Poor Wenger the victim.
    A victim of the market, a victim of injuries. A victim of players underperforming. A victim of circumstance. A victim of the board. A victim of the fans. A victim of bloody modern football culture.

Why the fvck do we tolerate such a monumental victim as a manager of our club?

Preacher and Mark Tobias like this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

WE'VE KNOWN WE NEED A STRIKER FOR 4 YEARS YOUSIF. WAKE UP!

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I thought you are talking about defense. I'm confused

5. Mark Tobias

Just think about it for half a second. With a proper striker we put Sanchez back in his rightful position. Liverpool then struggle down their right with Sanchez closing down their RB constantly. The CB issue was unfortunate yes. BUT, it isn't the only glaring deficiency of our squad. AW simply must take 100% of the blame for this result.

6. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

If he has no plan, just sticks 11 players on a pitch, stumbles on a team selection, has no purpose or intensity and no tactical nous then how the f*** did he beat Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man C last season. And why didn't Aguero, Silva etc tear us apart last week.

You're either over-reacting because you're pissed off, or purposely spreading dissent just to whip people up in order to affect change.

Goonerozil33 likes this.
  7. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Come on yousif, that's a cop out for Wenger and nothing more.

Per got injured more than three weeks ago? How's it possible for Arsenal to conclude a deal for Mesut ****ing Özil within three days, but fail to bring a defender in within ten days, so that he can immediately slot in?

When we signed Mertesacker on deadline day in 2011, he started the very next game vs Swansea.

8. Mark Tobias

Another one of your gems. Go look past last season (The anamoly that last season was) and go look again at our results against those teams. Pool aside, I think you'll find we struggled for years against them. Let us not forget the humiliating defeats we have suffered under this man. you can go back as far as 5-0 to Chelsea in 1998.

'But keep making excuses for him.

Examples of his tactical naivety can be found in the following:

Man City 6 - 3 Arsenal 2013
    Arsenal 2 - 3 Tottenham 2010 (Absolute disgrace)
    United 6 - 1 Arsenal 2001
    Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal 2014 (Show me his tactical genius in this game. Please I beg you!)
    Tottenham 5 - 1 Arsenal 2008
    Arsenal 1 - 3 Monaco 2015

I can go on and on and on

Rimaal and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  9. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

More excuses and more ****ing lies. That's the one thing about Wenger that winds me up to no end, the ****ing lies.

"We work day and night to sign a player, if we find the right one we will do it."
    "I see Walcott as a striker."
    "Chambers can be a central midfielder, that's where I see him."
    "We are now in a position to compete with other clubs."

It's all regurgitated bollocks, I'm sick and tired of it. We as fans deserve better.

salvat, Gooner Zig, CJJ and 2 others like this.
  10. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal
    Southampton 4-0 Arsenal
    Arsenal 1-3 Aston Villa
    Arsenal 0-2 West Ham
    West Ham 3-3 Arsenal (after we took a 2-0 lead)
    Every Chelsea defeat etc.

Gooner Zig, Mark Tobias and Rimaal like this.
  11. Mark Tobias

@Makingtrax which other manager at a big club has a lovely result like this to boast?

@Taylor Gang Gunners thanks for the back-up but I had blocked that result out of memory for a reason:(
    ;)

12. Makingtrax

Totally agree with your analysis. As good as Ramsey was in the Euros, Santi or Özil are so much better in that role he played yesterday and hopefully Xhaka will adapt quickly.

Lancelot likes this.
  13. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Playing that team, obviously not. But you can't say Liverpool were wracked with injuries without acknowledging our own predicament.

I'm not in any way excusing it. Wenger got what he deserved. The fact Liverpool were clearly so **** makes it all the worse.

Rimaal likes this.
  14. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Xhaka is a good player he will adjust and adapt. Wenger likes to keep players on the bench for their first game so they can see the PL pace from there. Yesterday though that was a bad time to do so. Your MF was found out early and often.

Makingtrax and Lancelot like this.
  15. law90026

law90026 Well-Known Member

Nah nah, Mert wasn't just injured. He's been injured for a few weeks now. But we continued to dilly-dally in the market anyways.

16. Makingtrax

Man C 6-1 Man U
    Southampton 6-1 ManU
    Newcastle 5-0 Man U
    Chelsea 5-0 ManU
    York 3-0 Man U
    Man C 5-0 ManU
    Man U 1-4 Liverpool
    All under the best manager the EPL has ever seen, Sir Alex. There's a load more I couldn't be bothered to post tbh.

17. Makingtrax

Well, he gets a lot of stick for being slow but his stats for Arsenal and Germany have been very good. We had the most clean sheets last season didn't we? But I agree he needed replacing.

18. Mark Tobias

Fair enough but I don't see a single score with an 8 in it there. SAF also won the trophy how many times?

19. Makingtrax

Totally agree. SAF the best manager the EPL has ever seen so far. Can't argue with facts . . . just over top rants resulting from people being pissed off :eek:

20. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Mane is immense, but obviously there's no value in the market and we can't compete with PL sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.