EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novarek

novarek Well-Known Member

Turns out signing up for a top 4 spot without actually fighting for the title and getting knocked out in the CL round of 16 isn't an exciting adventure anymore

Trilly, say yes, Gooner Zig and 3 others like this.
  2. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

Well you've got to think maybe he's right. If you were a top player who is in his prime. Would you join a club where the CEO has just come out and said we can't compete with the other top clubs financially - it's a terrible signal to send out. We've managed one Champions League final in our history and not won the League in twelve years. We pay good wages but not the best and our football hasn't been particularly great as of late.

The best players want to join clubs for two reasons most of the time, they want to join clubs that will either pay the most money or have realistic chance of winning the top titles.

3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Being a fan, I'd play for AFC for free. I'd get slated on here big time too because I am rubbish. But IF I was a top player looking for a club, the reasons you have just listed would be exactly why I WOULD NEVER sign for AFC.

Gooner Zig, asukru and goonerwarsh like this.
  4. MagicalRozza

MagicalRozza Well-Known Member

This is Klopp's post - match conference. Just listen to the first couple of minutes. What a difference a real manager makes. He speaks what tactical changes he made and that is the secret to their much better performance.

Bashii and Barrymore like this.
  5. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

This defeat wouldn't have been so painful if I could see a bright future for this club. That's the kicker for me. :(

6. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

I think we have the foundations in place for what could be an amazing future but I don't think that will take place under this regime and I don't just mean Wenger but Kronke as well.

We absolutely have to change mindset to being a football club that first and foremost wants to compete at the top level instead of just existing as a business enterprise. We need that to happen sooner rather than later through fear of falling so far behind our rivals that we can't make up the ground.

Gooner Zig and Kotikalja like this.
  7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

8. Rocky

Rocky Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

If Ramsey is injured and Alexis had little impact - I feel vindicated in this suggestion.

9. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Not sure what was the original post.....;)
    Having said that No Santi in the MF... We lost the battle there and got smashed.

Makingtrax likes this.
  10. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Therein lies the problem. I think Kroenke will be around for the foreseeable future, and nothing will change.

11. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

celestis likes this.
  12. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So gutted we missed out on Klopp, he would have loved to have come here if Wenger would have gone like most people wanted. Same with Pep.

Trilly and RacingPhoton like this.
  13. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Should have gotten him in when L-pool snatched him up

imagine the player who would have wanted to join him from dortmund

14. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Feels kind of sad seeing him in front of an Arsenal board :(

15. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

When the club's CEO publicly says that "we can't compete" what kind of ****ing message does that send to prospective players?

Doesn't surprise me one bit of players are now hesitant to join us.

16. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

This game pissed me off to no end. I was so excited as I have been having some ****ty months as of late and was so happy the Arsenal was back but then they did this

17. 3pm

3pm New Member

18. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

If there was ever a game one could encapsulate Arsenal by, it would be this one.

Missed penalty, immediately score a goal, concede a goal on the brink of half time, walk out for the 2nd half asleep, get swamped by goals, injured players and then to get 2 goals back to make the scoreline look reasonable.

Unbelievable.

I don't like referring to them but Moh on AFTV was spot on, you'd be mad if it was something you didn't expect. But since it was something that was expected, a general sense of indifference prevails.

19. WurzlSepp

WurzlSepp Has No Chill

As said as it is - true!

20. Drubas

Drubas New Member

I read Liverpool ran more than any team has done ever in the PL. Wouldn't read too much into the Arsenal figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.