• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Norwich vs Arsenal | Sun 29th Nov | 16.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

remains

:lol:

You really think it's just all about the injuries? The XI we had out there today should have beaten Norwich pretty comfortably.

People have been saying that after we lose to so called 'lesser opposition' for years. Can only assume you have just started watching the premiership if you think we will steam roller every team outside of the top team simply because we look better on paper.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Meh, not as big a disaster as everyone is making this out to be. Still 2 points away from the top of the league.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Meh, not as big a disaster as everyone is making this out to be. Still 2 points away from the top of the league.

That's what I've tried comforting myself with over the years. If you can look at the table, and you're still there with plenty games left, then it's all to play for. I did, until I realised that I've done that before. And I've done that, and done that until it comes to point where I can't comfort myself with that line, because we're not really in the mix anymore. It happens every year, and we find new and improved ways to **** it up. and we're doing it again.

Jaywood Mac

Just cant do this anymore, next month just seems so daunting with all the injures we have. This team isn't playing to its potential at all, in terms of energy, tactics and injuries. Performances like Zagreb at home and Utd etc should be regular. We have too many games when we look mentally and physically 'jaded' and Wenger says. Not to mention half the squad injured.
I could only dream of this team having the defensive organisation and workrate and heart that Atletico have under Simeone. Add that to the technical quality of this side and wed run away with the league. Look how effective it is for spuds with a much more limited side than ours.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just cant do this anymore, next month just seems so daunting with all the injures we have. This team isn't playing to its potential at all, in terms of energy, tactics and injuries. Performances like Zagreb at home and Utd etc should be regular. We have too many games when we look mentally and physically 'jaded' and Wenger says. Not to mention half the squad injured.
I could only dream of this team having the defensive organisation and workrate and heart that Atletico have under Simeone. Add that to the technical quality of this side and wed run away with the league. Look how effective it is for spuds with a much more limited side than ours.

Our football still isn't the greatest, we have two cloggers in midfield and I'm worried some of our young players won't reach their potential.

The problem with our football is it always keeps the opposition in the game, I understand we're not going to outplay Real and Barca but the lack of invention over the past few games has been really worrying.

Now we're accumulating resources and trying to build a new playing style I'd like to see some differences. I don't think Simeone's the man for Arsenal

remains

To be fair for twenty minutes of this match we played some amazing stuff. One touch incisive passing. Once Norwich got a bit physical we faded and it became pretty hard viewing. Really their goal came from a moment of weak defending from Gabriel. Think it's fair to say Koscielny would have handled their player better. The problem for this team is imposing itself on the opposition for a full match instead of in short spells.

Jaywood Mac

Our football still isn't the greatest, we have two cloggers in midfield and I'm worried some of our young players won't reach their potential.

The problem with our football is it always keeps the opposition in the game, I understand we're not going to outplay Real and Barca but the lack of invention over the past few games has been really worrying.

Now we're accumulating resources and trying to build a new playing style I'd like to see some differences. I don't think Simeone's the man for Arsenal
Yeah atletico arent perfect however they have certainly outperformed arsenal in recent years. Yeah in terms of individuals their midfielders are cloggers but I just admire their work ethic, organisation and defensive side to their game. If our players played every game like it was a cup final as atletico do wed be some side. Incidentally that performance would be somewhat similar to the one against Utd this season. The hunger, desire and energy combined with the passing and movement was devastating.
Out of interest in what way is someone looking to change the style of play, what is he doing? To be fair yous are still winning games and scoring goals. Not loads of goals but enough to win.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Someone give me the gist of the match, I missed it and have to place catchup now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah atletico arent perfect however they have certainly outperformed arsenal in recent years. Yeah in terms of individuals their midfielders are cloggers but I just admire their work ethic, organisation and defensive side to their game. If our players played every game like it was a cup final as atletico do wed be some side. Incidentally that performance would be somewhat similar to the one against Utd this season. The hunger, desire and energy combined with the passing and movement was devastating.
Out of interest in what way is someone looking to change the style of play, what is he doing? To be fair yous are still winning games and scoring goals. Not loads of goals but enough to win.

Yeah but the point is you grind out results and try to build a better aesthetic over time. We're clearly in a top 3 with Real and Barca now, we can't cry lack of resources for poor football.

Right now it's Griezmann or bust, we misuse Koke, Oliver and Saul. We get games where we draw 0-0 against Astana that add up over the season. Playing defensively keeps you in every game but you'll drop way too many easy points to challenge for the league consistently.

We weren't that bad in 2013/14, we pressured constantly and countered well. Since then we've gone strong thugball and some of the more creative players are being held back.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
That's what I've tried comforting myself with over the years. If you can look at the table, and you're still there with plenty games left, then it's all to play for. I did, until I realised that I've done that before. And I've done that, and done that until it comes to point where I can't comfort myself with that line, because we're not really in the mix anymore. It happens every year, and we find new and improved ways to **** it up. and we're doing it again.
Bit dramatic mate. Have a drink and try forget about football for a day or two. We drew and were only 2 points from the top. Things aren't that bad.

Giroud

Established Member
We are down to the bare bones really. For a good chunk of the game our front six was Flamini, an injured Cazorla, Özil, Ox, Campbell Giroud. Away from home it always will be tough with those problems.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

People have been saying that after we lose to so called 'lesser opposition' for years. Can only assume you have just started watching the premiership if you think we will steam roller every team outside of the top team simply because we look better on paper.

:lol:

Don't think anyone expected to steamroll Norwich. With the players we had at our disposal, and add to the fact that we took the lead, there really isn't any excuse to not bag the 3 points.

From about the 40th minute we disappeared and were on the ropes at times in the second half. We got bossed in midfield by a relegation standard team for 45 minutes.

At least last week, when we conceded there was some fight - we upped our tempo and were unlucky not to equalise. We were basically hanging on at the end today. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom