<

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Who will go through to the 5th round?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2019.
  1. Arsenal

81.3%
  2. Manchester United

18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Feel like I’d cringe at that even if they played for us. They are such an easy team to hate these days.

lamby22 and American_Gooner like this.
  2. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

For an arsenal fan Ashley young sure does enjoy beating us

3. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

Probably a fair result..

Lacazette is looking good though

4. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Shearer right tbh - lacking drive on the ball in midfield. Iwobi was very decent in giving us some drive but he lacked the killer touch in the final 3rd otherwise. Guendouzi brought some when he came on aswell but we really lack dribblers. Our attack is very one-paced and predictable as a result.

5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

I totally agree about the grace period. Doesn't have anythign to do with how Wenger was blamed for the exact **** everyone know agrees isn't the manager's fault.

6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Come on, there are loads with half his talent but much more of what's required to make an impact. He just hasn't got it.

7. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

This "zombie football" stuff a select few keeping bringing up is just a false narrative though isn't it? The football isn't bad, it's just not Wenger's style (which in the last few seasons was actually zombie football).

BobP likes this.
  8. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

I think a factor may also be certain people hilariously backed Wenger well past the point where he clearly had to go. Even after we finished second to Leicester.

Knocking the new manager ironically in a similar though more warranted manner in which Wenger was knocked is a way of coping.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  9. em9999

em9999 The Coward of AM

I never wanted Wenger to leave
    ... But for fans to now say Emery out after 6 months

Makes us all look like amateurs..

We played ok tonight, man u just clinical and well done to em.. Get over it

Godwin1 and Vinci like this.
  10. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Say what you want, but he is the profile of player we need. Pogba ran away from 4 of our midfielders because they simply aren't fast or dynamic enough. The way AMN just matched him for pace and just put his body in the way to come away from the ball. You MUST have that in central midfield. United just sat deep. Xhaka played the pass and stood still every time even though he had space to run into.

Pogba took that ball from his own half and left Özil, Torreira who was ahead of him, Guendouzi and Ramsey for dead.

Get with the times. Buy two way players who can sprint forwards and backwards.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Just look how Juan Mata Beard will pretend to be our friend and act all friendly and sympathetic next few weeks.

12. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

This is exactly why we're looking at Suarez and Nkunku.

MutableEarth likes this.
  13. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

He’ll pin it on Xhaka, has an absolute loathing of him.

American_Gooner likes this.
  14. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I have my doubts that Arsenal can pull it out in the Super Bowl now. Starting to lose faith in this team.

15. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I think people blamed Wenger because people regularly picked up strange injuries. The three we've seen in the last two games are clearly unfortunate. As were some of Wengers (although even then I feel he done little to counter the soft myth thay encouraged teams to kick us)

Emery has made mistakes but he needs a longer rope to hang himself. Wenger had enough rope and he was still blindly backed by quarters of the support. He could do know wrong. Emery has done wrong. But he also needs time to say is it him or is it us?

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

People will say these two were accidents. Bollocks. It's not an accident when it happens every ****ing time.

Mrs Bergkamp and Troopz like this.
  17. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Perhaps the reason Wenger got so many years is because of his early mid 00s success?

What has Emery done for us in comparison?

18. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

juice man, Rex Banter, Malky and 3 others like this.
  19. Malky

Malky Established Member

****ing hate being beat by these bastards, absolutely fuming. But at the same time we clearly don't have the squad to challenge Top 4, Europa and the FA cup and getting back into the Champions league is the main priority.

20. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Someone should ban him

Tir Na Nog and hydrofluoric acid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.