• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 30/5/15, 17:30 - BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Did anyone expect us to go 2-0 down in the first 15 minutes against Hull?

We struggled against Reading and Wigan.

This will not be easy. We never do anything easy.

nicky47

Established Member
its depends if we make a s**t start and play awfully we will concede first but if we make a strong start and scored first then i can see us win this game easily.
Early goal changes everything doesn't it... Just can't imagine us making it easy for ourselves, haha.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It will be really close, how many Cup finals are ever blowouts?

Hopefully we grind them down and nick it late on.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It will be a scrap fest - reckon Villa will get away with a lot of cynical fouling.

2-1 Arse.

Would absolutely love a 3 goal blitz early on to calm the nerves and just pick them off on the counter after that.

grim_tales1

We made a good start against Reading, and look what happened. For most of the second half we fell asleep.
Wenger must start with Walcott, imo not Giroud.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Lot of people prefering Theo over Giroud, Ospina over Sczesz etc. However, it really shouldn't matter. We have practically no injuries which means whoever Wenger decides to play, our starting XI is much better than Villa's. It's all about our guys showing up. It's not possible for us to select a team that shouldn't win this.

All that said, I think it'll be very tight. We have this tendency to make things difficult. I just hope we win

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I would probably go with Theo. we are more dangerous with him, more unpredictable, and all that should worry Villa more then Giroud. Should make our game easier with Theo in. That doesn't necessarily mean we would go 2-0 up easily, but it would make Villa go deeper and leave us control the game and tire them up

stiiphunn

Established Member
It will be really close, how many Cup finals are ever blowouts?

Hopefully we grind them down and nick it late on.
I'd be very happy with that! Anything can happen in a final - Villa will be really, really up for it and they'll give absolutely everything for 90 minutes. It won't be easy and winning is the only thing that matters - doesn't matter how we do it.

cannonade

Established Member
The biggest question is how seriously Villa park it. If they are really determined to keep us out and fully commit to defending as Sunderland did then it could be a frustrating game. If they go with an open game or a more balanced approach, we've got the better team and we win handily (I think we'll play well, not be over confident or unmotivated).

David Smith

Established Member
Let's not forget that we struggled against many lower teams earlier in the season who attacked us and pressed us high.
I think we'll see a determined and resolute Aston Villa side who will play for each other. But if we can get an early goal that should unsettle them.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I just wish we can score two quick early goals.

Nothing worse than another final like last year. The sooner the games becomes safe the better. **** the scrapping.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I doubt Tim ****ing Sherwood's going to have them organised. He'll probably have to come after us which could either play into our hands or backfire horribly.

marc-in

would love to see walcott up front, and wilshere on the wing, and ramsey in the middle.

two fresh players, both fighting for the first place in the team, both playing in a positions occupied by players that are out of form or tired.

i really hope we'll be focused and play well from the start, i don't want any more heart attacks (like last years final...)

tim sherwood said he'll go all out so playing walcott will be essential, he'll be able to break away on the counters and get enough chances to score.

cazorla despite having a good game against WBA has looked tired for weeks so i'd rather see wilshere on the wing and ramsey back in the middle.

as for goalkeepers i don't really have a lot faith in either, i don't think there's a lot to choose from, although Ospina is less likely to get send off...

i'll be mad if Debuchy starts in the final, Bellerin deserves to start.

that is all.

COYG !

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Cant wait for this game. We will win this i think villa will knick one but their defence is awful. Im going for 3-1

Impact

Established Member
We've struggled with the size of the pitch at Wembley. I think Walcott playing mitigates that problem. He either forces a deep defensive line or is an excellent outlet on the counter.

Szczesny
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Cazorla - Ramsey
Wilshere - Özil - Alexis
Walcott​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom