• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2023

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

As much as they want to big up England's 'efforts' and 'heart' it is quite clear that the coaching at grass roots needs to be upped massively in the womans games.

Tactically England had nothing in a WC Final, its a bad look, I didnt see a great Spain, I saw an England team with zero threat or know how to take control of the game.
Exactly - they went out with a game plan and when it didn’t work seemed incapable of pivoting. They set up better in the second half but were consistently dominated in midfield, kept giving away the ball away needlessly, built up little pressure and created nothing of note, either inside or around the edge of the box. One or two players (Earps and Kelly) put in a good shift (no idea why the latter shifted position so stopped putting in dangerous crosses) but the rest were very poor on the day.

baccy_man

Established Member
That was like watching the men's game from around 30 years ago with all the long balls being hoofed down the pitch and then the ball usually goes to the other players,
When they did play passes they kept giving the ball away I was expecting a bit better game than that the way the team was hyped up so much.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They still won it without 12 players from their qualifying and no unity between the players and coaching staff. Good example that technical quality can overcome other softer factors
Yeah they are amazing. I think they are under 17, u20 world champions as well. England got so lucky with the draw tbh to get her

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
1-0 definitely makes this look a lot better than it was.

Possibly would have learnt more and taken more away from a 4-0 etc.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He also prohibited the players from locking their hotel doors at night. He’s ****ed up.
Yeah wouldn't have thought Spain would win the tournament. Most of the squad went on strike and in the previous matches when they won most players didn't acknowledge him and celebrated themselves.

Shows that you don't actually need a coach to win if your whole team is absolute quality

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Poor refereeing. When the Spanish girl booted the ball away at a throw in she should have got a yellow, caution-able offence for time wasting. That’s the rules, no interpretation needed. She was already on a yellow, so sending off with 20 minutes left. Would have affected the game with only 10 players left. She didn’t give a yellow because it would have meant a sending off. It doesn’t matter what the rules are, humans are always looking to reinterpret them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Poor refereeing. When the Spanish girl booted the ball away at a throw in she should have got a yellow, caution-able offence for time wasting. That’s the rules, no interpretation needed. She was already on a yellow, so sending off with 20 minutes left. Would have affected the game with only 10 players left. She didn’t give a yellow because it would have meant a sending off. It doesn’t matter what the rules are, humans are always looking to reinterpret them.
Second yellow for that in World Cup final would be so unfair.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They NEVER give a yellow for kicking the ball away if you’re already booked. Especially not in a big game. It’s never happening.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This achievement is even more incredible, tho seems like his biggest crime is simply being a poor coach as strange as the hotel rooms decision is.

The hotel door locking thing is somewhat explained, rightly or wrongly.

Its to ensure curfew is being met from what I read, not really sure what I think about that as its unnecessary but was there a reason his team needed to do so? No idea.

A lot of what I just read just slates his coaching ability and apparent bias towards some players from Barcelona.

This WC win makes it confusing though, he just guided a nation to a first world cup, his methods have worked.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Anyone see how the Spanish association guy greets the players receiving their medals, lol, definitely a different culture. Don’t think meaghan rapinoe would put up with that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Its to ensure curfew is being met from what I read, not really sure what I think about that as its unnecessary but was there a reason his team needed to do so? No idea.

A lot of what I just read just slates his coaching ability and apparent bias towards some players from Barcelona.

This WC win makes it confusing though, he just guided a nation to a first world cup, his methods have worked.

Let's be honest if it was men's football it wouldn't be an issue at all, or certainly not to this degree. I think it was just one of many issues for them tho.

As for bias toward Barca players, pretty sure Enrique was the same as well as plenty of Spanish coaches before him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His methods? Spain has won every euro/2 World Cup at U17 and U19 since 2017. They are producing by far the best talents in women football. By all accounts they won despite of him. They dominated England the same way in the euros and couldn’t kill the game and England equals late and won on stoppage time. He got blamed for being too cautious when he had better team even then

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

Their technical quality is far superior to the opposition, the margin was large enough that the softer things like team unity wasnt that important

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Let's be honest if it was men's football it wouldn't be an issue at all, or certainly not to this degree. I think it was just one of many issues for them tho.

As for bias toward Barca players, pretty sure Enrique was the same as well as plenty of Spanish coaches before him.

I agree, I've read/heard interviews time and time again of mens players pretty much ****ing about in hotel rooms and then hiding whatever it is they're doing when the manager comes round.

You put a group of young athletes in a hotel with boredom, they **** about, its been reported for years.

However, when you throw in the opposite genders between coach and players, yeeeeah I kinda see the issue, but then do you hire a female just to go knock on the doors? Cos that also doesnt seem the answer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The stories about the coach are no different to what you hear in the men’s game. Nothing to see here, no matter what @A_G propaganda you see.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
His methods? Spain has won every euro/2 World Cup at U17 and U19 since 2017. They are producing by far the best talents in women football. By all accounts they won despite of him. They dominated England the same way in the euros and couldn’t kill the game and England equals late and won on stoppage time. He got blamed for being too cautious when he had better team even then
Their technical quality is far superior to the opposition, the margin was large enough that the softer things like team unity wasnt that important

Its very easy to say that but the fact is he just won the WC with the players, they didnt do it with no manager so lets not act like thats the case.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom