• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Arsenal XI vs Ajax XI | 22/07/06

N!

marco said:
This is the last testimonial i will ever go to.

dennis is a legend and deserves a send off but 40 quid for a ticket for a bloke who at the end of the day has earnt more in 2 years then most of us will earn in a lifetime.

why cant tickets go at 20 quid or something and everyone just gets involved with the occasion.
dennis doesnt need the money and neither do arsenal footbal club gievn the extotionate rates for next season!

i was under the impression that the proceeds were going to several dutch charities?

marco

some of the proceeds are but 40 quid a ticket??

still a joke sorry even if it does go to good causes.
20 quid a ticket with it all going to charity would have been adequate but then arsenal is all about fleecing every last penny from every supporter.

Avenell87

jester said:
Avenell87 said:
its a legends testimonial so whether or not they go to every game, i.e. season ticket holders, its stupid the way that fans who dont have a membership have to wait till everybody else has got theres, and hope that there are some left for general sale

it would be 'stupid' if people buy membership for them to have no special privaliges or get priority on match tickets. its 'stupid' that people who want tickets dont buy membership like everyone else, yet expect to have first refusal on anything to do with arsenal.
you want tickets? get in line.

sorry but i didnt have to be a "member" of keowns testimonial, plus the chances of me being able to afford to go to any more matches as most fans have been priced out. So i should listen to you Jester and get membership for 1 match.....yeah good advice :roll: Listen to yourself, its a testimonial not the bloody champions league final, members yeah they have the right for first option, but its no league match, its a f*** about with some old players to raise money. pfft :roll:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Avenell87 said:
but its no league match, its a f*** about with some old players to raise money. pfft :roll:

So why is it so important for you to go?

I want to go to the game, but the bottom line is I am just one of several thousand Gooners who feel the same. The season ticket holders put more money into this club than anyone else, they should have first dibs. I know how p'ssed off I'd be as a season ticket holder if I didn't get a ticket for this because the ticket allocation became a free for all.

jester

Established Member
Avenell87 said:
jester said:
Avenell87 said:
its a legends testimonial so whether or not they go to every game, i.e. season ticket holders, its stupid the way that fans who dont have a membership have to wait till everybody else has got theres, and hope that there are some left for general sale

it would be 'stupid' if people buy membership for them to have no special privaliges or get priority on match tickets. its 'stupid' that people who want tickets dont buy membership like everyone else, yet expect to have first refusal on anything to do with arsenal.
you want tickets? get in line.

sorry but i didnt have to be a "member" of keowns testimonial, plus the chances of me being able to afford to go to any more matches as most fans have been priced out. So i should listen to you Jester and get membership for 1 match.....yeah good advice :roll: Listen to yourself, its a testimonial not the bloody champions league final, members yeah they have the right for first option, but its no league match, its a f*** about with some old players to raise money. pfft :roll:

gees, the reason you didnt need to be a member was because the member scheme they use at the moment wasnt running, and do you know why i remember? because look in the programme - theres a whole new section on the new membership, its where i signed up. so at the time there was only the ticket registration scheme, which members were equilivilant of silver members now. so apart from season ticket holders and silver members anyone could apply. and this is bergkamps testimonial, not keowns, who, without degrading, was not of dennis' sature.
priced out are you? my keown ticket was 35pounds. you can get a ticket that price next season, heh, 35 is one of the most expensive for the testimonial.
fact is, if you dont like it, dont whinge to people who have been waiting and paying to have priority. some of these people have seen dennis play since day one, every home match, and for someone like you to just take their ticket because 'its not a league match' is stupid. these people deserve a ticket. and you seem to like this so: :roll:

Gooner Rat

Can of worms springs to mind! I left Seven Sisters Road a while ago and the fry-ups in the Sunrise Cafe! Now it's a 600mile round trip to get a pint in the Hob Goblin on the Holloway Rd. I get to as many away games as I can - there's generally tickets available for them - as they're beyond the dedication of the Gold Members! That being said - it's pointless for me paying for membership for the odd chance I'm in London for a game against the likes of Portsmouth, Wigan, West Brom, Sheff Utd etc when there is an outside chance a ticket might be available. Dennis IS a legend. And maybe that should be recognised by giving ALL Arsenal Supporters a chance to see him off properly, and maybe not just those who still live close enough to make full use of a season ticket? I hear what you say - you go to every home match - but there are many, many more like me who can't do that and that doesn't mean i support Arsenal any less than you. But yes - Season Ticket holders and members should get first shout - but there should be a limited allocation for other supporters - as a thankyou to them.

marco

I understand what you are saying gooner rat but i have been a season ticket holder for 13 years and missed a handful of away games in the last 5 years.. if i didnt have priority for bergkamps testimonial having forket out 1,300 for a season ticket for next year i would be mightly peed off.

I have given arsenal 1,300 quid next year i deserve priority over someone who hasnt paid a penny upfront for the whole of next year surely????

Gooner Rat

Yep - I agree - to a point. Every Arsenal Supporter, whether they live close enough to Finsbury Park or not should surely understand that. And I would surely get on that waiting list if I still lived down there. And you have been able to see Dennis every couple of weeks since he got there - which is your right as a Season Ticket Holder - agreed and envied. This is slightly different though. It's a testimonial. A friendly. I still think the majority of tickets should be on general but surely just a block of tickets as a 'free for all'? You'd resent that? You'd take that chance away from those SUPPORTERS who don't even have the CHANCE to see them every time they play at home?

jester

Established Member
Gooner Rat said:
Yep - I agree - to a point. Every Arsenal Supporter, whether they live close enough to Finsbury Park or not should surely understand that. And I would surely get on that waiting list if I still lived down there. And you have been able to see Dennis every couple of weeks since he got there - which is your right as a Season Ticket Holder - agreed and envied. This is slightly different though. It's a testimonial. A friendly. I still think the majority of tickets should be on general but surely just a block of tickets as a 'free for all'? You'd resent that? You'd take that chance away from those SUPPORTERS who don't even have the CHANCE to see them every time they play at home?

but it isnt just a friendly otherwise get tickets to barnet and be happy.
the point is its an important and special match therefore it is treated as such

marco

Your right a small percentage to red members should be available else it just renders the whole red membership worthless.

i really hope they do go down to red and you get a ticket etc.
i think because its the first game at ashburton there is even more of a special emphasis.
i didnt go to tony adams or seamans dixons etc but as its first game at ashburton there is more of an incentive.

Gooner Rat

I'm with Marco on this. Red Members should get a block of tickets - and as I said - even a small block for travelling fans. It certainly raises the ethics of charging fans to put their names on a waiting list - but i won't even go there! It will be a great day anyway!!!!

Avenell87

comparing Dennis' testimonial to a friendly against barnet is ridiculous.....dont you thin demand for the match will be a wee bit higher than that of a Barnet friendly. the season ticket holders, or i should say a majority of them are the ones causing such a crap atmosphere because they dont get involved in everything, they go to watch the matches, ocassionally go "ooooo" when Henry hits it wide, but thats it. Most of the "real" fans are being phased out, and the prices of the tickets aint the problem its:
1. getting hold of the damn things
2. getting there

im not having a personal arguement jester and i agree with the fact that yeah they put money towards the club, but that doesnt mean that i dont, i get all the kits every year that they come out, if i could id go to every match, home and away, but fact is...being a student living quiet a distance away, gutted at the fact i might not get my hands on tickets, as im like 4th 5th group in line...so the chances are slim, but ill hold on

jester

Established Member
why do i have to explain all my posts because people dont read.
gooner rat said it was a friendly. i said 'its just not a friendly otherwise just go to barnet', so why say 'comparing it is rediculous' towards me.
and i think the ST holders here will disagree that its them that cause a sh*t atmosphere, and considering you said you dont go alot, i'm assuming you just completely assumed. if not, tell me the facts that show 'the majority' dont sing and that other people will. because i tell you, when i go (and i'm not a ST holder) its very hard to start singing, and when you do alot of the time you're on your own. people give up, and unless you have a voice like God then i doubt you going would make a difference.
and again, i'm not having an arguement with you, but when you direct your posts at me after not bothering to read mine i get a bit p*ssed

Avenell87

jester said:
gooner rat said it was a friendly. i said 'its just not a friendly otherwise just go to barnet', so why say 'comparing it is rediculous' towards me.
and i think the ST holders here will disagree that its them that cause a sh*t atmosphere, and considering you said you dont go alot, i'm assuming you just completely assumed. if not, tell me the facts that show 'the majority' dont sing and that other people will. because i tell you, when i go (and i'm not a ST holder) its very hard to start singing, and when you do alot of the time you're on your own. people give up, and unless you have a voice like God then i doubt you going would make a difference.
and again, i'm not having an arguement with you, but when you direct your posts at me after not bothering to read mine i get a bit p*ssed

i didnt say you said it was a friendly, i said the Barnet match is a friendly...and no hard feelings i hope :D

jester

Established Member
Avenell87 said:
jester said:

i didnt say you said it was a friendly, i said the Barnet match is a friendly...and no hard feelings i hope :D

of course not mate. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom