• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Lazio vs Arsenal | 02/08/07

illmatik

Established Member
I don't care what he adds, as long as if he plays well on the pitch as today he had an overall good game

Unkmengani

I wouldn't judge players on pre-season performances. They need fitness, match sharpness, etc and are hardly going to play as they would in a 'proper' game.

But the shape of the team can be judged I fell.

Therefore; the attack looks like it can create chances and take enough of them to actually WIN games - WooHoo!!

But the defence, conversely gives far too many chances to the opposition and as we saw on Sunday, even if they get one shot on targetr, they still seem to score.

Harsh I know, but I really really really really want us to sign up a DEFENSIVE COACH!

MARTIN KEOWN; COME ON DOWN!!! :clap

RC8

Established Member
illmatik said:
Are you for real? That's the typical anti-Song talk everyone is used to. He had a good game today

Agreed, it's getting boring, it really is. Song did well as a defensive mid today, he made one big mistake, but that was it. He is still young and there's plenty of space for improvement.

banduan

Established Member
Song was good today,but his game looks limited. When he doesn't have the ballhe doesn't get stuck in enough. When passing beyond a short distance his accuracy is awful.

He did stand out this game forme though, along with Nick and the 2 centre-backs.

The thing about Cesc is that again despite having an off day,he was about as productive as Song, who was having a good match.

Dudu was a mixed bag.

Unkmengani

I thought Song played well. Tidy and quality passing.

Now if you excuse me, I need to have a shower, I suddenly feel very very dirty.

Now, sod all this talk, let's sign Huntelaar please.

ronitc

Sammer said:
Very dull match now.

This should tell Wenger something. Our first 11 is great, but if we will suffer several injuries amongst the first 11, we can suddenly look quite mediocre.

Were you thinking logically when you posted this? Of course we're going to look mediocre when 8 or 9 of the players on the field are second string. I mean for fooks sake that's what happens when 8 out of 11 players that aren't as good as the first team play together. We'd look a lot more fluent if it was 3 or 4 reserve/bench players combined with our first team, which is more likely to be the situation during the season with a reasonable number of injuries.

It's like stating United would look mediocre if they suffer injuries to Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes, Vidic, Ferdinand. Well, yeah, duh.

Anyway, though Robin did well in his 15 mins...got a couple of shots off , did some tricks and only Hoyte shooting with his eyes closed prevented him from being the instigator for a good goal.

Eduardo scoring was brilliantly low key too. He's so slight it's no wonder defenders lose track of him, and his technique for headers is good.

Oh and don't worry about Cesc, if he's still playing like this 3 games into the season there may be cause for concern but I have no doubts he will up his game several notches when the real stuff starts. He has nothing to prove in pre-season. If you saw how much running he did last season you know how fit he is, and that was after the world cup.

Song is a catastrophe waiting to happen...oh wait it already did, at fulham. I'll cheer him if he's on the pitch but I'd rather he wasn't.
edit: the reason i feel he looked decent up until he forgot how to play football is because our expectations of him are already so low anything he does without making a hash of it will look good.

jay-d

Established Member
dendito said:
Lazio - arsenal : 1 - 2

just a few comments about the squad after today's game.

- Defence not as safe as it should be (conceeded too many unnecesary corners, etc..)

- Not enough runs without the ball on both wings (Clichy seems to be the onl player who does it and Theo should do the same instead of waiting for the ball)

That was about the team in general.

About players:

- Almunia: comes out well but not consistent. at foul for the lazio's goal.

- Song: Not good enough, only makes fouls and passes the ball backwards.

- Not impressed at all by Traore and Hoyte

- Flamini was poor

- Toure is NOT a CM

- Even if he hasn't had a bad game, Eduardo is not impressing me either.
I haven't seen the skills or pace people said about him,.. hope he gets beter soon.

Positive points:

- Bendtner (fights for every balls, is faster than he looks like, good finish for his goal)

- Clichy makes good runs and can play on the left side of midfield if needed

- Senderos and Djourou both had a ok game. Some mistakes at the back but they did ok

- Rosisky was quiet but he's awesome and same goes for RVP and Cesc
When they will be 100% match fit, they will be amazing.

- WE WON!!! GO GUNNERS!!!

LMFBAO

jay-d

Established Member
By the way I saw a pic of that cun@ Reyes with his Athletico team mates. Oh how I would have liked to be playing them.

Lancelot

Established Member
illmatik said:
Are you for real? That's the typical anti-Song talk everyone is used to. He had a good game today
I agree with you that Song had a decent game today; get involved in a lot of interceptions and didn't seem to make a mistake out of a simple pass. However, he did slow our attacking movement down a bit whenever he got the ball; it appears to me that his decision-making attribute needs further development. Once he has the ability to switch defense into attack swiftly, he could be a very good asset to us.

sabret00the

Established Member
Someone saying Fabregas had any thing more than an average game is laughable. Same with Traore, i want the kid to succeed but nothing he tried came off.

Rocafella

Established Member
traore showed some nice pieces of skill actually as well as putting in a few decent crosses early on. at 17 years of age, he's a massive prospect.

jay-d

Established Member
Rocafella said:
traore showed some nice pieces of skill actually as well as putting in a few decent crosses early on. at 17 years of age, he's a massive prospect.
Agreed.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Lancelot said:
illmatik said:
I agree with you that Song had a decent game today; get involved in a lot of interceptions and didn't seem to make a mistake out of a simple pass. However, he did slow our attacking movement down a bit whenever he got the ball; it appears to me that his decision-making attribute needs further development. Once he has the ability to switch defense into attack swiftly, he could be a very good asset to us.
Actually he did once, nearly cost us a goal.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom