• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

In all seriousness can we win the title?

Arsenal_FAN1983

If someone was to say that "this season we would not win the title, but we would be close to winning it", looked into a magic ball and said "! however we will win the title next season, the pain of this season would still not won't go away until the day the Arsenal captain holds that Premier League Trophy in the air!

Hopefully we will get a bit of luck in the next six games and win the title after our bad luck in the past recent months.

banduan

Established Member
Alfonso said:
On a side note see after 1 injury to Vidic Man Utd get exposed. If they had the same number of injuries as us....

And Rio.

I've always said, take Ronaldo, Rooney and/or Rio out of Manure and they'll struggle.

Dez

Hmm well Boro just made things interesting didnt they...

A win at Old trafford and its gonna be an interesting finish, thats for sure, but i still don't see Man U dropping 7 points in the last 5 games.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I guess it's great we have so many optomists.

As far as i am concerned, the title is gone and United will win it. They will beat both Arsenal & Chelsea. I'm sure of it.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Well, i also have not much faith that we can win the title over the whole season we where first of the table, but we have give it away, in matches where a contender should win an yes we are a great side, but we must win something this year, we all know how much quality we have, but in the matches we must win we draw or lose,

We will beat United, and Chelsea will beat them, there is still a little possibility, but Chelsea must lose and we must win everything is on the agenda

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Alfonso said:
clockwork orange said:
Let's just win away v the Mancs & see what happens.

Well said. Its no point saying now all the if, buts and maybes. Right now we are out of the title race, if we beat Man Utd we are right back in it but lets see if that happens first before we get too happy otherwise we will only be disapointed further. Maybe its good Man Utd didnt lose today as law of averages state that they would not lose two EPL games in a row!

At least todays result made our game with Man Utd something to look forward to rather than a glorifed freindly with stars like Dong and Hoyte playing...

On a side note see after 1 injury to Vidic Man Utd get exposed. If they had the same number of injuries as us....
Exactly. Never rated a lot of Man U's backup. Think it bs our squad has less depth than theirs. We just had more injuries to key players. If those would have been reversed, our positions in the table would have reversed too.

number_0

Established Member
If we get a result at old trafford coupled with chelsea beating them at SB,the title goes to chelski! I would personaly rather the russians win it, i would get a kick out of manchester 'match winners all over the park' united go trophyless after spendying 70m in the summer, and hailed to run away with the league as soon as december.

Zico

Established Member
Manchester United have depth issues at only two positions - central defense and centre forward. They are able to overcome the latter because they have so many mobile, scoring midfielders. They have not really been tested this season with both Vidic and Ferdinand missing. I will admit they have been lucky in this regard. Compare with ourselves and Chelsea who have last numerous games at central defense.

Elsewhere, United are deep, healthy and dangerous. I think they're particularly deep in midfield because Alex is trying to be both robust and better prepared to handle the transition from Giggs/Scholes to the next generation.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If Man U had battered Middlesborough and all this title talk stopped and Wenger and the players concentrated on the champions league, would that have been such a bad thing?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Heh, we proabably wont even beat Derby. Yeah I'm pissed off.

nazo

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Bullshit! It's on again. Chelsea & Man U will drop points because of them still being in the CL, while we rest.

That might be the only good thing out of the game today.

go49oner

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Bullshit! It's on again. Chelsea & Man U will drop points because of them still being in the CL, while we rest.

We had a week rest before Birmingham,Aston villa,Wigan, 'Boro and Cheslea, and how many points have we picked up from them?

The only way this will be back on is if we beat the Mancs, and for some reason I cant see us doing it.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
They (=we) still had belief when about everybody on AM had thrown the towel during matches & came back. We came back today. We'll have 1 day more rest than Man U.

Man U & Chelsea are getting fragile too. Hilario had to come on after Cudicini went off injured. Vidic is out....

Invincible

Established Member
We've to absolutely go for the win in our next five league matches. It's our last hope.

If our players can't get themselves motivated for the Manure game they're a disgrace. Simple as.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom