• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere and the burden of expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If the manager had an ounce of sense, the invalid would be sold this summer along with Rosicky and Flamini, as well as Welbeck if he suffers another set-back or injury.
Get rid of the ambulance squad and get some functioning players.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Arseblog claims the 23-year-old has suffered an adverse reaction to his return to full training.

The England international had targeted mid-March as his return date, however Wilshere's latest setback could push that date back to the end of the Premier League season.

A number of sources are claiming the new development in Wilshere's battle with the chronic injury means he will now miss the entire Premier League season, throwing his Euro 2016 hopes into doubt.

tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
90min.com citing arseblog, citing the Telegraph who put in a throw away line that Jack could miss the rest of the season. Click baiting ****s.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
An adverse reaction to full training? What the hell is that.

As much as I like him we really need to find a starting midfielder to replace him and Cazorla.

Sad how he'll never fulfil his potential.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's just baffling to me how anyone could be so callous towards a player who has been at our club since he was 8 and loves it like we do. I just don't get it. I feel horribly for him because I know how badly he wants to contribute and win things for THIS club. Just don't understand the negativity about him when it's not his fault he's injured. It's in very poor taste in my opinion.

ChampagneFootball

It's just baffling to me how anyone could be so callous towards a player who has been at our club since he was 8 and loves it like we do. I just don't get it. I feel horribly for him because I know how badly he wants to contribute and win things for THIS club. Just don't understand the negativity about him when it's not his fault he's injured. It's in very poor taste in my opinion.

Well said, mate. He'd go to war for our club these days. Our Jack is a legend of Arsenal even at his young age. I really hope down the line he gets his injuries behind him - he's the new Charlie George. Born is the King of Highbury.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

The fact that he's a local and english is probably working against him. There's a lot of anti-english sentiments on this board for some weird reason.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Find the anti Jack stuff on here abit classless tbh.

Genuinely sad at his situation, but we should and will persist with him.
I think you can feel sympathy with Jack Wilshere and his personal position. He is a young man who loves getting his shin guards and boots on running out onto a pitch and playing a football match. To have that taken away from you time and time again is awful. Then missing out on the banter and the emotions of it all is a knock on of that.

But then there is the other party and that's Arsenal football club which is bigger than any one player. We can't compete on wages apparently and here is Wilshere about to take 5m from the club with less than his normal contribution, which is minimal to begin with.

The main losers are us the fans. They aren't seeing Jacks talents on the pitch and they aren't seeing a replacement either. We can see the sheer financial loss but what we can't see is the points difference.

Malky

Established Member
Gutted for Jack, him fully fit would of boosted our title hopes.
Saying that, I fear for his future. Wenger will persist and show faith in him and so he should, but it's very worrying. Mental that a 31 year old Cazorla recovering from Knee surgery could be back on the pitch before him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Great news that it was rubbish, the sooner we get England's best player back fit the better (Wilshere ended last season very strongly).

Impact

Established Member
For me, with Jack, you bare with all the injuries and even at times media kerfuffles because you know how good he is and can be. The main thing is to ensure the team do not suffer by having to rely on him. Consider him a bonus option until he gets over his injury troubles.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The good news is that all these injuries are basically self-inflicted; he simply needs to stop holding onto the ball for too long until some **** snaps his ankle in three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom