• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere and the burden of expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
arseblog
‏@arseblog
Wenger on Wilshere: That’s wrong information. He’s looking quite positive. I spoke to Roy Hodgson and he’s progressing well. Back in 4 weeks
giphy.gif

Dj14

He will come back for his anual 5 games for the season then be out again till december he should have never got a pay rise especially considering how cheap we are with wages no one but Arsenal fans consider this guy to be "Englands best player"

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Yeah Henderson, Milner, Lallana and Dele Ali are all better. :rolleyes:

I'm not English but even I can see that Wilshere is a class above all current English midfielders. He's not living up to his potential but that just goes to show how **** your midfield options are.

There's a reason Wilshere gets Motm in every single international he plays. Anyone who doesn't want to take the chance on him is just wrong and will eventually regret it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He will come back for his anual 5 games for the season then be out again till december he should have never got a pay rise especially considering how cheap we are with wages no one but Arsenal fans consider this guy to be "Englands best player"

Then you must not know many non-Arsenal fans. You've seen the way he performs for England, he's hub of the team, everything goes through him. Even Gary Neville harps on about how important Wilsh is, says he's the best player he's coached.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sturridge and Wilshere are Englands two most talented players. No one comes close, bar Rooney but he's not the same as he once was. Englands chances for me, dramatically increase with a fit Wilshere + Sturridge, no matter what position either play (so if Sturridge is wide or central, or if Wilshere is deep or more offensive). Even if Kane, Sterling, Barkley, etc do well I believe Wilshere and Sturridge are the two special players who can make a serious difference.

say yes

forum master baiter
Wilshere may be the most talented English player, not sure we can really argue he's the best given he's barely played for two years.

Hart, Sterling, Kane are the best three at the moment.

Sturridge was also performing at a higher level when they were both fit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wilshere may be the most talented English player, not sure we can really argue he's the best given he's barely played for two years.

None of those players have looked as important to England, or as good playing for England, as Jack has. The fact that he's now injured is neither here nor there. Sturridge?! Sterling has only ever flattered, Kane has scored a couple of goals against mugs, And Hart? :lol:

Not much competition there tbf.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Saying Sterling, Kane and Hart are Englands best three players should be very worrying considering Wales best three players are Bale, Ramsey and Williams, two of those better than any players England has currently and the other someone who'd definitely get into the England squad.

amirkat

Established Member

Welbeck.

progman07

Established Member
I'm not sure how the pay rise gets in the picture.

We are paying Wilshere because of his talent. That's not the worst thing ever, his talent is worth the gamble. I was more worried about paying Chamakh, Bendtner and Silvestre.

It would be really sad if Jack didn't become a star for us, he has got so much potential, his close control and box-to-box game is a real thing in the days of slow build-up games. Sadly it is really not looking positive for him nowadays.

DanishDoc

England with Wilshere and Sturridge is Euro winning.

No chance without.

Come on.. England don't stand a chance with or without them.. You're irrelevant, not as irrelevant as Denmark but still quite irrellevant. Think you've shown that a couple of times now, sorry.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Come on.. England don't stand a chance with or without them.. You're irrelevant, not as irrelevant as Denmark but still quite irrellevant. Think you've shown that a couple of times now, sorry.
I'm Belgian :D

Not irrelevant at all then!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If Greece and Denmark can win it in my life time, then England can. They most probably wont, but they can!

Aevi

Hale End FC
Well it's complicated actually. I'm born in France and my mother is French, my dad is Belgian and I lived there most when I was very young, but I have lived in the US for several years now. Also lived in England a year in between.

I mildly support all 4, though I favor Belgium.

DanishDoc

Well it's complicated actually. I'm born in France and my mother is French, my dad is Belgian and I lived there most when I was very young, but I have lived in the US for several years now. Also lived in England a year in between.

I mildly support all 4, though I favor Belgium.

Well hello Mr. International! That's nice I suppose you speak 3 languages then? Would personally give my right arm if that meant I could speak French, such a beautiful language!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom